[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline bigwaterTopic starter
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

5870.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's GMT
« on: March 17, 2010, 10:35:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

April 17, 2010. Aleta and I are having a party, and everybody is invited. This is the party that our friends have been asking for since we got married back in December, and I guess it's time we do it up right. I know, I know, a lot of you will say Dahlonega, Georgia, USA is too far to come for a party, but take my word for it, it's not. We've got friends from as far away as Australia that will be here for the party. Get your butt in gear and make your plans to get to Dahlonega that weekend for a heck of a blowout.

If you're into Appalachian culture, the

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

Bear on the Square
festival is the same weekend, so you can spend Saturday wandering around the square absorbing the bluegrass music and cultural art, and then retire to my house for a huge bonfire and bonding with friends you've made but never met before. Bear on the Square continues through Sunday, so after a night of partying at my house you can head back to town and check out more of the bands.

I've got about 1/4 acre of parking lot space for travel trailers and pop ups, and another 1/2 acre of tent camping space on flat, level ground. There's also another 4+ acres of woods you can camp in if you just want to be left alone, and if you want you can prospect in my dry creek beds. Hotels in the area are filling up fast, so if you need a hotel you need to move fast. Of course there is always couch and floor space in the house, first come first served. First to pass out gets the space.

BYOB, but we'll be providing the food. I just need a RSVP by March 31 with your plans so we can plan things on our end.

Hope to see you all that weekend. Come a day before and stay a day late. It don't much matter... just let us know.  PM me with your RSVP to get the specifics on where we are.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12479.msg78845.html#msg78845

« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 11:20:33 pm by bigwater »

Anybody who says "it can't be done" will usually be interrupted by somebody who is already doing it.

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
75%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 11:09:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

you know, of course, that some of these pirates have hollow peglegs?

by the way, you may want to double check your dates....

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12479.msg78848.html#msg78848

Offline sctoddc
Copper Member

I love THunting
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

230.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 12:31:16 pm »
Go Up Go Down

sounds like it would be a blast...not to mention that would be my birthday as well, lol...but, I get to work that day Undecided . everyone drink one for me too...lol

Todd

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12479.msg78927.html#msg78927

Fisher 1280X Aquanaut

Offline heathen1
Bronze Member

NOT ALL WHO WANDER ARE LOST
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1825.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

omega 8000 titan 2000
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 04:27:37 pm »
Go Up Go Down

bigwater how the heck you gonna feed all of us??? (the neibhors will come up missing all their cows and hogs but there will be plenty of meat on the grill LOL) but thanks for the invite I'll just send a present ok???

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12479.msg78988.html#msg78988

Offline galvo dog
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

85.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

WHITES Spectrum
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 06:22:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Cant make the party, but thanks for the invite.My wife and I just bought land in Blairsville for our retirement home,we hope to build and be living there in about a year or so.When we get there i'd like to look you up and get the low down of the North Ga. area,all those good hot spots for [detecting]Thanks Again. Great

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12479.msg81409.html#msg81409

Offline monacoll
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Female
United States

755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty Hunter Land star
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 07:48:58 pm »
Go Up Go Down

WOW I just moved back to Ms, Lived in Cleveland Ga...Had I not moved I would be at the party!
Mona

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12479.msg81426.html#msg81426

Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

5870.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's GMT
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2010, 12:19:07 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by galvo dog
Cant make the party, but thanks for the invite.My wife and I just bought land in Blairsville for our retirement home,we hope to build and be living there in about a year or so.When we get there i'd like to look you up and get the low down of the North Ga. area,all those good hot spots for [detecting]Thanks Again. Great

Don't know much about detecting here.  I'm into prospecting myself.  I have no clue what the rules are for detecting the local parks, etc. but I have signed permissions to prospect on several properties here, so if you're loooking for gold bring your tuned detector and your sluces and let's rock.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12479.msg81481.html#msg81481

Anybody who says "it can't be done" will usually be interrupted by somebody who is already doing it.

Offline Idaho Jones
Gold Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7930.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2010, 12:28:27 am »
Go Up Go Down

Haven't been to GA since the late 80s. Miss the BBQ at a lil place called Fat Freddys  Kiss

Appreciate the invite BW but I have plans to be in the backwoods by April Smiley Have fun and grats on getting hitched.  Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12479.msg81482.html#msg81482

Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

5870.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's GMT
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2010, 12:56:13 am »
Go Up Go Down

Well I take it from your handle that you're from Idaho, and I have to tell you that I've had some real schooling on the Salmon river in Idaho.  Regardless, you're still welcome at my dinner table... that goes for anytime, not just for the party.  All ya gotta do is shoot me a PM and let me know your coming so the wife knows how much chicken to cook.  She's sort of famous with her fried chicken.  I don't think anybody from this board has ever visited us, but we always have an open policy for our internet friends, and I guess we've probably fed 500 people that we met on the internet over the last few years.  They all got the best fried chicken you can get.  I've even had people apologize to their dead momma for saying that Aleta's chicken was better than their momma's Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12479.msg81492.html#msg81492

Offline SharenH
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

1120.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty Hunter 505
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2010, 04:28:09 am »
Go Up Go Down

Congrats on the union of your love!!! We will not be able to attend, but I am a romantic!!! My husband and I just celebrated our 12th.  A second marriage for each of us.  We got married by a justace of the peace on March 17th, 1998 in our back yard, and had "wedding" on July 4th, 1998.  We decided to renew our love every 5 years.  Both of us have the same "spark" of Love since we have done this.  Always great to celebrate your love for each other...

Many years of happiness to you.

SharenH

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12479.msg81506.html#msg81506

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to: