[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada
Referrals: 0

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2009, 08:32:38 pm »
Go Up Go Down

deepsecrets;
Can you say that again in simple English... My sister (the dowser in the family) says you are full of, well, you know, that stuff. (Heiffer dust.) Thumbs Down

Brian AKA goldigger (just do it!)

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,275.msg39232.html#msg39232

goldigger

Offline deepsecrets
Pull Tab

It's for you!
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

35.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites TDI, Discovery 900, Whites 6000 DI, Arc Geo Mini
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2009, 09:18:39 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Well, Brian, it's a free country and your sister is entitled to say I'm full of it.  All I'm trying to say is I have found that there is a noticable difference in accuracy in using rods that are cut to a specific length and time of day using these rods is a factor - that's all.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,275.msg39237.html#msg39237

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2009, 12:49:32 am »
Go Up Go Down

deepsecrets;

I dont know how much you have been following the discussion, but several, me included, say what you feel works best for you, works best for you, and may not work at all for someone else, who might have a different idea of what works best. Clear as mud, right?

In other words, a long-winded, pedantic explanation doesnt really mean anything, except to you. IT MAY HELP your UNDERSTANDING, to voice your ideas. The length of the rods may be important, to you, but not to me.... I have tried different length rods with no difference.  What is important is how you interpret the rod movement. As my sister said: just do it!

I tried out the rods, on a friends placer claim.... oh, they moved, just fine (mostly on the road.) But I dont have a clue what it meant. I tried them with the intent of finding gold and I tried them with a blank intent, no difference... just different movements, in different locations: not repeatable, either. And NO reference for interpretation. I need to see tangible results, in order to understand the rod action, for the next time.

I can eyeball a gravel bar and tell by the colour of the gravel, where I will find the best place to find gold. Is that dowsing? Maybe. But I know how to interpret it.

I think I could have had more meaningful results, on the claim, with something that measured the permiability of the ground.

Map dowsing, I can understand and do a bit. Its easier for me to interpret, probably because I have some intent, in the first place. If someone tried to explain how to make it work better, it might stop working, for me. Please.... dont confuse me!

Just some more opinion.

Leave others to their otherness!

Brian AKA goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,275.msg39371.html#msg39371

goldigger

Offline Dell_WindersTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2010, 12:06:37 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by deepsecrets
Dell, I've read many posts from experienced dowsers on several forums but I have not seen anything that speaks to the relationship to the horizontal and vertical measurements of a dowsing rod.  I have found that there is a relationship between length of the rods horizontal and vertical and the EMF experienced at certain times of day/night and the relative center of gravity of the dowser to the CG of the earth influenced by lunar and solar positions.  Correct lengths used during a particular time of day/night significantly enhances sensitivity by finding the "null" EM field and thus the accuracy of using dowsing rods.  Any thoughts on this?

In my opinion, true Dowsing is strictly a Mental process, where the conscious mind,  learns to communicate with the Sub-conscious part of our brain where data is stored, and can be accessed via a trained (programmed) Mind/muscle ideomotor response. The only limitations I have observed are self imposed beliefs.

Most people who  physically  Dowse for buried, or hidden objects in the field incorporate physics into their mental Dowsing, without realizing that the laws of physics has limitations. A mental application, and a physics application don't work very well when they are intertwined. The correct interpretation of the reaction of the Rod(s) is different according to the application you are using. Mixing the two applications can cause the mind (brain) to try to process inaccurate data leading to confusion, and inaccurate locating.

What you have stated  relates to a Physics, not a mental Dowsing application. Big difference in the application, use, and interpretation of the L-Rod(s) reactions.  You are apparently trying to detect emanating "fields" of targets, using the Rod(s) as antennas, and trying to tune the Antenna Rod(s) to the Frequency of the target,according to the length of the Antenna. EMF, Solar, Lunar, Gravity, time, day, night, etc are all physics related with all it's inherent limitations.

In my experience, True mental Dowsing is from within, and it's use is not adversely affected by the limitations of external physics.

Mental Dowsing, has taken me many years of practice to acquire a certain degree of accuracy. I use it to plot potential targets on Maps, and Photo's, before I leave the house.

In the next step to confirm my Dowsed locations, I employ physics applications for confirmation, starting with Frequency Discrimination LRL's to obtain further information about the site, which  helps me to quickly analyze the potential, determine feasibility of recovery, approximate the cost, and if conventional methods such as, GPR, E/M, Magnetometer, Ground Resistivity, or  Metal Detector data logger, will work to support my field survey with graphic images. Information such as the geology, terrain, and accessibility are also entered into the equation, to determine whether to dig, or not to dig, and move on.

That's my view!   Dell

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,275.msg67304.html#msg67304

"WHAT HAS BEEN DONE, CAN BE DONE"

Offline DRIFTWOOD CHARLEY
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

225.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

GARRETT
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2010, 04:21:24 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Wow! What a great topic. Really stirred up alot.

Everyone has a view and is entitled to it. I personally am somewhat of a skeptic, however I keep an open mind. I spend alot of time pouring over maps and records. My research comprises about 90% of my hobby. I am a serious cashe hunter.

With the amount of concentration we put into our study, we know more about that little piece of dirt (or water) that we travel over than nearly anyone else. Personally, I tune everything else out when I am researching a site. My mind does not wander and my goal is sharply focused.

In reading this post, I might be a good candidate for a dowsing student. I don't know about the rest of you, but I live at 7000' elevation. There is snow on the ground and that ground is frozen. I have alot of time to research this time of the year, so why not try a little map dowsing? My search area is approximately 16 square miles. I've got good maps, pictures and information. I'm going to give it a try, it can't hurt.

And Dell,,, where did you say that Quartzite rock carving was?   

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,275.msg67357.html#msg67357

IT'S NOT THE YEAR, IT'S THE MILEAGE

Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2010, 07:47:32 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I would have to search thru a lot of papers to find it. If I remember correctly, and that's a big IF, it was a few miles
SW  of Quartzsite. There was a road not too far from it. It might be good practice dowsing for the location.

You will first have to establish a communication  language with your sub-conscious, being very careful how you phrase your questions. The sub-conscious is rather child like in that it takes what you ask literally and responds with Yes & No answers accordingly. Remember, misunderstood or incomplete, information in, means inaccurate information is returned. Repeat your questions, and be specific. For sure, it takes a lot of practice to develop accuracy, but the ability to mentally Dowse is naturally inherent in all of us.

It's a great learning experience.   Enjoy!     Dell

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,275.msg67415.html#msg67415

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

225.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

GARRETT
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2010, 10:26:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

OK: You have my full attention.

As I stated before in my post, I am somewhat of a skeptic... But!

I, as I believe most of us have, has found some of my best finds with that "Gut" intuition. That mound in front of me looks like a good prospect, when the trail turns to the right for example. That is not Dowsing, but I believe it is related. As of today, I am trying to learn methods of Dowsing. I know of the two "L" rods obviously, but what are the tools needed for map Dowsing, and how do I use them?

I think what you are trying to tell me is to keep it simple. I'm in no hurry. 

I have been taught that my brain is my best friend (in a manner of speaking). I am Seminole Indian and taught to pray to myself for the ability to gain what I need or want, out of strength, knowledge, and wisdom, and I've done pretty good for myself so far (Not getting religious here, just stating a heritage teaching). Why not apply it to Treasure Hunting?

As far as the Quartzite topic.

I have been researching an area in the exact location you mentioned for about two years now. I have been on site 5 times last year and plan on a trip every other weekend this year, as weather permits. It concerns a large Cashe of gold Bullion taken off a grounded ship in the Colorado River. It is my primary focus. Your Holy Grail sounds more like a depiction of an overland transport of heavy cargo (gold) to a cashe site in the mountains to the East. They would have carried it in a container suspended on two long poles.

I'm new to this forum and would like permission to Email you directly concerning this matter if you are so inclined. I have your address via your profile.

Thank you for the time you have spent on me thus far
DC 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,275.msg67454.html#msg67454

Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2010, 11:08:01 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Charlie, I have a very slow keyboard, and not a lot of time, so if you don't mind, e-mail me your phone number and the best time to call?  I can talk a lot faster than I can type.  Thanks!    Dell    Welcome

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,275.msg67469.html#msg67469

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

225.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

GARRETT
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2010, 11:16:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Will Do
Thanks again
DC

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,275.msg67472.html#msg67472

Offline markg
Bronze Member

F75 finds for 6 months.
Thank you0

Activity
0%

750.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2010, 07:35:28 pm »
Go Up Go Down

It's obvious you know a lot about dowsing.
I'm a positive believer in dowsing with both L rods and a pendulum.
Last summer I did a very interesting test.
I had my wife take one gold ring and several other junk items outside while I went into a bedroom on the back side of my house, laid face down on the bed and waited for her to hide the targets under rugs all over my front yard.
I took my L rods outside and after a few minutes knew exactly where the ring was.
Now I'd like to know how I can dowse a picture of an old home site, looking for buried coins etc.
How I might go about using either the L rods or pendulum in the field.  Or maybe how I can use these tools with my metal detector.
I use the F75 metal detector and love metal detecting.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,275.msg68269.html#msg68269

Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to: