[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline IronmanTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

945.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's GMT,  Minelab SD2200V2,  White's Coinmaster, Coinmater 6000/Di 3
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2010, 07:45:37 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Jim,

Glad you were able to find some information for your area.

The Neos are brittle to an extent. I have one I have had on my pick for years with many hours of hunting to its credit. It has one chip in it. I don't baby my pick and it has gone through many rocks and debris of all sorts among other things. It sits on the underside of the pick so when ever I dig it hits rocks. The chip actually happened like this. I bought three magnets. two round and one square. When I took them outta the box I was looking at them with one on the counter, and the other two in opposite hands when all of a sudden They jumped outta my hands and struck each other with lightning speed. The chips flew! I was lucky not to lose an eye! Crazy dangerous! I have the utmost respect for what I call the Beast magnets! I was a novice at handling them then. Now listen to this story: Just 3 weeks ago my grandson and I were hunting for meteorites with a magnet cane with Neos attached. We spotted the same suspect meteorite and both approached it. Both of us were to interested in this possible meteorite and not paying enough attention to our magnet canes. You guessed it, they flew together and we instantly had a single cane! I keep a butter knife in the truck just for this problem. I then put gloves on, laid the magnets on a large rock then put the knife in and pryed them just enough to get a handle on both and pry them apart!    Now that night after I returned home I was looking at them to see how they fared through the mating when all of a sudden wham! Dang, not again! Well thinking I had enough experience with them by now I pryed them apart in the same manner but without gloves! Just when I almost had them apart they closed back up on my finger and hand! I am still healing from that brainfart. Yep, treat them with as much respect as you would a pissed off diamond back rattler! They can cause some very damaging injuries. Make sure to not let kiddos near them! Oh and I almost forgot, do not get them near any electronics or walk by your vehicles to closely while returning or departing from your destination. My grandson loves sticking them to my truck!

Let me know what you come up with for your area.  Good luck and good hunting!

Ironman

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10587.msg102638.html#msg102638

Those who say it cannot be done.....
should not interrupt the person doing it!

You will never find Treasure.....
unless you hunt for it!

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4    Go Up
Jump to: