[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline sashaTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Armenia
Referrals: 0

520.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2010, 08:12:06 am »
Go Up Go Down

johnlaw, differentiate the consistancy of our present day concrete and  hard, wild basalt block, everybody can easy .
The location this big basalt block with footprints is near the thick ridge, that spread far. In pic 1700 you can see the view from footptint's to south.
In pic 1701, at left you can see the tree. The footprint's rock stand at 7 m to left from that tree.
Upper of that ridge, situate a tableland with a garden of other man. This is terrace-like places.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11547.msg74995.html#msg74995

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

IMG_1700.jpg
IMG_1701.jpg

« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 08:18:32 am by sasha »
Offline Out4gold
It's a rock on the ground, it's a specimen when you take it home.
Bronze Member

It's a rock on the ground, it's a specimen when you take it home.
Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2835.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2010, 08:41:34 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by johnlaw
So........if someone believes in creation you automatically assume that they are incorrect and incapable of adding a rational comment based on Bible history and science? John in Va.

Never assume anything to assume is to dismiss any rational answers.

I have known about the "Human" footprints in Glen Rose, Texas since I was a child and when the Creationist "Dr. Baugh" declared them as genuine without knowing as I do the circumstance of their being there. I was beside myself.

I know first hand the people who carved the "Toes" in the "Collapsed" genuine dinosaur footprints to make them look as if a human made them.

My Dad and some of his buddies were working for the "CPA" ,before WWII, on these dino trails in Glen Rose while  assisting SMU in their removal. They just thought it was a good practical joke.

I owned a fossil shop in Glen Rose, Tx and Dr. Baugh's wife tried to get me to agree as to me finding a Trilobite in Glen Rose "NOT". I actually found it in Bridgeport 80 miles north and that their age was not the same as their "Human footprints" she got upset when I laughed.
Dr. Baugh and his wife runs the Creationist Museum in Glen Rose Texas.
Never assume and you can get a believable answer when the truth is found with positive evidence.
I do not recall any provable science in the Bible but there is theory.
Do they not call the teaching of the "Biblical sciences" Theology?
The root word of this term is theory. Theory is only hypothesis.
A good scientist does not assume, they develop a hypothesis and sets out to prove or disprove that hypothesis.

Out4gold

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11547.msg74997.html#msg74997

Out4gold
AKA:Bone2stone

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Armenia

520.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2010, 11:37:38 am »
Go Up Go Down

gambol1, Goshavank is a 12-13th century Armenian monastery.

Please Register or Login

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goshavank

There are many places in nearest forests and mountains for metal detecting. A such places are plenty in Armenia. But there are many restrictions for that.
Privet! Kiss
Out4gold, I am at one with you regarding theory and facts. Let's to think:
The fact is that:

1. There are the footprints on the rock.
2. The rock is the basalt rock, the same are in a basalt ridge in this territory.
3. The footprints are very old because there are no difference in stone's properties in and out of prints.

The possible hypothesis:
1. Volcanic theory, was printed in semi-molten lava by man's foot.
2. Engraving into the rock by a master.
     a) carved into the rock by a practical joker. Perhaps a joker from a few hundred years past. (GoldDigger1950)
     b) object of religious, worship
     c) access address, cursor of the way directory(Hamlet Muradyan)
Are there other variations?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11547.msg75047.html#msg75047

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

IMG_1660.jpg
IMG_1698.jpg

« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 11:41:04 am by sasha »
Offline mfitzs70
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

820.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2010, 11:39:07 am »
Go Up Go Down

IMHO  I believe they are carvings. Just some observations without seeing the whole area. I would expect to see more then 2 tracks, should be in line. Also the temp of molten rock would definitly burn through the foot. And if it was still molten I would think it would flow and distort the print. I would also ASSume ( yeah not good to assume ) that people would be smart enough to not step in the hot stuff cause we don't have shoes on it's gonna hurt. Yes it could be some sort of religious act but I've never heard of any like that. I believe they are great carvings and maybe are pointing out a direction to follow , a path a trail etc.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11547.msg75048.html#msg75048

Offline johnlaw
Bronze Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

minelab se pro & sovriegn xs & Excaliber 1000 & Bounty Hunter Big Bud Pro
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2010, 12:05:39 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Out4gold
Never assume anything to assume is to dismiss any rational answers.

I have known about the "Human" footprints in Glen Rose, Texas since I was a child and when the Creationist "Dr. Baugh" declared them as genuine without knowing as I do the circumstance of their being there. I was beside myself.

I know first hand the people who carved the "Toes" in the "Collapsed" genuine dinosaur footprints to make them look as if a human made them.

My Dad and some of his buddies were working for the "CPA" ,before WWII, on these dino trails in Glen Rose while  assisting SMU in their removal. They just thought it was a good practical joke.

I owned a fossil shop in Glen Rose, Tx and Dr. Baugh's wife tried to get me to agree as to me finding a Trilobite in Glen Rose "NOT". I actually found it in Bridgeport 80 miles north and that their age was not the same as their "Human footprints" she got upset when I laughed.
Dr. Baugh and his wife runs the Creationist Museum in Glen Rose Texas.
Never assume and you can get a believable answer when the truth is found with positive evidence.
I do not recall any provable science in the Bible but there is theory.
Do they not call the teaching of the "Biblical sciences" Theology?
The root word of this term is theory. Theory is only hypothesis.
A good scientist does not assume, they develop a hypothesis and sets out to prove or disprove that hypothesis.

Out4gold

Hypotheses-------Dictionary------Something ASSUMED because it SEEMS likely to be a true explanation; THEORY..       There's nothing concrete about a hypotheses, it's still assuming something. Many a false teacher starts out with a false premise and builds upon that false premise.
Those who do not see the false premise will follow and embrace the teachings of a liar.

John in Va..

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11547.msg75050.html#msg75050

Johnlaw

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Armenia

520.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2010, 01:05:47 pm »
Go Up Go Down

How many explanation must be true, how percent? Who is a judge of verity?
What theory is true, quantum or corpuscular, Darvin or Biblia? Idea

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11547.msg75061.html#msg75061

Offline Idaho Jones
Gold Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7930.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2010, 01:57:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

A few observations:

What makes these interesting and gives me reason to think they possibly could be real is the way they are depicted. It's unusual that the impressions are not symetrical. They don't look like a normal walking stance but more like a jumping or running stride. If it's art the artist spent some time studying or copied a real set of impressions. Not at all out of the realm of possibility. Every example of carved basalt in my area creates a lighter shade of stone in the work. I don't see evidence of that in these. That could simply mean they are very old and the patina has reached a similar level to the base stone surface.

Just as a reference some data about firewalkers. Yes crazy folk do walk through hot coals for some reason, I have no idea why.

Please Register or Login

http://www.pitt.edu/~dwilley/Fire/FireTxt/fire.html

Footprints in fossilized volcanic ash:

Please Register or Login

http://www.nps.gov/havo/historyculture/footprints.htm

Quote:
Footprints fossilized in the Ka`u Desert ash. Fast forward to the year 1919, when Ruy H. Finch, a geologist at the Hawaiian Volcano Observatory discovered human footprints fossilized in the Ka`u desert ash. The discovery of the prints was purely accidental. In 1919 lava from Halemaumau drained out of the crater and erupted in an area of the Ka`u Desert. The eruption built a hill called Mauna Iki. Although the eruption area was only three miles from the then Hilo-Kona road, to get to Mauna Iki Finch and his crew had to walk nearly twelve-miles through the desert. A shorter route was available, but if the crew chose to access this route they had to walk over the very rough Keamoku `a`a flow. While walking through this shorter route Finch and his crew discovered human footprints preserved in the hardened desert ash. After they were discovered, a crude trail was marked through the jagged Keamoku flow, and many people visited the area. Soon, this area of the desert which, in 1919, was not part of the newly formed Hawaii National Park, became known as ?Footprints? or the ?Footprints area.?
endquote

Not trying to say they are genuine footprints, just that I wouldn't rule out the possibility. Accidents happen and people are put into situations they cannot control. We see only two prints, not the result of the walk. Just in the several excellent pictures posted I can see evidence for and against. The one thing I also notice is each photo changes my perception of the site.

Thanks Sasha for sharing this site and your area and info. It's pretty country. Keep us updated on what you find out.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11547.msg75063.html#msg75063

Offline Sue
Gold Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Female
United States

18259.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2010, 02:08:25 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I've been puzzling over them, too, and looking around. Other footprints have been in ash so they aren't as defined. I'm leaning towards them being real for now. Sue

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11547.msg75065.html#msg75065

Offline Idaho Jones
Gold Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7930.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2010, 02:26:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Sue, I agree the other examples don't match up exactly to the basalt criteria. Although its unique I'm reluctant to say it could never happen. The thought that keeps running through my head is if the rock reached a semifluid state like hot asphalt it might retain an impression without much distortion.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11547.msg75068.html#msg75068

Offline Sue
Gold Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Female
United States

18259.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2010, 03:00:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I can imagine how some of the basalt would be set up enough to hold one's weight while other areas would still be soft on the cooling surface. Stepping cautiously might leave prints like that.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11547.msg75069.html#msg75069

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Jump to: