[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Pappydoodle
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

60.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Master Hunter ADS Deepseeker, Garrett Master Hunter ADS 7
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2010, 07:06:23 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hey Obie1-
I have a Master Hunter ADS 7 Deepseeker and a slightly older plain, ADS Deepseeker (around 1980 vintage).  Both of my machines started acting up a couple of weeks ago (on the same @#$%&*@!$ weekend), now what's the chances of that happening.  Anyway, both would detect a target then start losing the sound until I re-tuned them, then they were good again until I went back over the target, then poof, acting up again.  I called Garrett and spoke with Brad in Cust Service (he was in the repair shop for a few years he said).  He asked me to describe the problem(s) which I did.  Brad told me either a transistor was bad/going bad or it was one of the integrated circuits on the main board.  I know what the main board is, but I couldn't tell you a transistor from a resistor from an integrated circuit.  Bottom line, shipped them both back to the factory for repair (yep, they still fix the old ones as long as they have parts).  Still waiting to hear back from Garrett about their status, but I hope to get them back soon.  I've used several other detector's including an ACE 250, and a GTI 1500 (friends), but I want my old reliables back.  When they tell me something's in the ground - there is, and plus I can pinpoint with them like you wouldn't believe.  Call Garrett and ask for Brad - see what he tells you.  Garrett's cust service is next to none - period !!!  Good luck and keep us in the loop !!!

Ralph

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14608.msg112465.html#msg112465

Offline Riggsley
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Canada
Referrals: 0

5.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Master Hunter 7
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2010, 07:14:03 am »
Go Up Go Down

I used a MH7 for 6 years [until it was stolen and now I use an ACE250].  Its pinpointing is superior to the ACE, primarily due to the analog meter.  And it allowed me to get closer to steel bench posts at sports fields.  The biggest downside was the weight which resulted in wrist issues after hours of swinging.

I used 2 sets of 9V rechargeables: one in the machine and one set recharging.  Definitely a hassle and each set runs you $60.  In a little over a month, the finds paid for that investment.

I used an emery abrasive stick to clean off the oxidation on the battery prongs.  That cured the intermittent contact with the battery pack issue for me.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14608.msg120454.html#msg120454

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: