[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline lumpyTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

60.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

GARRET
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 10:05:21 am »
Go Up Go Down

Bummer about Heart failure but it sounds like you are beating it, never had a muse trying to run me down i did look for some gold out in the alutian islands on Unalaska and found a few flackes in the first pan i sampled from a local creek but it never went much further then that spent my time mostly working and fishing. I did read a good story about this guy finding some gold encased in Quarts hunting with a metal detector.  I got some maps too from the Blewett area .

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20811.msg139509.html#msg139509

Offline gimp55
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

415.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

none
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2011, 04:30:24 pm »
Go Up Go Down

lump:every time i"ve been to dutch too busy for prospecting!! back in the 80"s i spent a couple days up on the hills checking out gun placements,bunkers but kept hearing the call of the barstool!.the tickers fine,only slowed me down a couple mons.dropped a mighty fine 5pt muley on entiat,got chased by a cougar,ticker makes a little noise when i get a little excited,it"s this barre crap thats nocked the wind out of my sails,with the nerve damage it takes a year or more to heal,like when i got frostbit up north,took 2yr to get the feeling back in my hands,feet.the worst part is the waiting.its the beurocrats at social security sitting on they"re thumbs,i"d like to see them live on $266 a month(state funds) i"m doing OK its just a little tough without cash flow.i aquired the MDs and built the sluice,crevice sucker i"ll have to waite to finish the dredge,but it gives me time to work out the bugs in my head so its not that bad.maybe we"ve crossed paths at the unisea? check my e-mail and see if you recognize the name.on your blewitt map if it shows redtop lookout there should be a road heading ESE it eventually intersects hwy, the trail with stamp mill tied into that road the problem is that i can"t remember exactly where without looking at a map I"ll take care of that thurs ever since i mentioned it to you its been driving me crazy and google made it worse you can"t see all those trails,roads from ground i only knew a few with google looks like 100"s..confusing....gimp   

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20811.msg139567.html#msg139567

Offline lumpyTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

60.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

GARRET
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2011, 09:07:49 am »
Go Up Go Down

hey Gimp well at least you keep you sense of humor that's always good good luck with getting out of that wheelchair and on your feet . Me i'm pretty busy this week and next i am doing a Kitchen remodel for some people and am in the 3rd week of that Job since i got ther house torn apart i cant go taking days off and going out in the field for until i am done. If  i do get a day free i'm first going down to discovery park and detect a little just coin shooting i got a buddy that got a detector for christmas you are welcome to join if you want to . Well got to run i  have looked and so far have not seen that stamp mill you describe maybe you can find it yea there are a lot of trails in the woods when looking down from a Satelite using Google Earth. Send me a e mail at Custompete.com and ill be able to make a copie of that area using a few maps i got and then send that back to you that way you wont have to buy a map i understand being broke i am that way all the time it seems. But i LoL anyway. I have not figured out how to upload a picture here otherwise i could do that . 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20811.msg140005.html#msg140005

Offline gimp55
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

415.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

none
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2011, 10:21:19 pm »
Go Up Go Down

lump:it"s funny you shoud mention discovery park, i"ve been trying to find early maps for it. i saw an early picture that had admin. buildings or some type,about half way between star break center and the existing officers houses,on google i could see a open patch in trees between no. parking lot,playfield and officer houses where admin. could have been. i didn"t make it to metsker today, spent all day at VA had to get home and eat.i"d like to do some detecting at discovery,for a noob it"s big enough you can avoid crowds,if that developement were to go in it would be off limits,that areas been active since 1904! i"ll try your e-mail and see if we can do something with those maps.i was thinking you lived over the hump,have you ever tried old snoqualmie town site?....gimp   

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20811.msg140193.html#msg140193

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: