[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline mr-elmo
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

405.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2011, 02:00:24 pm »
Go Up Go Down

awesome, heading there next, I just left san saba thread

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22568.msg171472.html#msg171472

Offline Larry
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

180.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2011, 04:09:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I'm not quite sure what you meant Seldom. I wasn't trying to tie the Beale Treasure to Spanish Treasure. I was only giving some thoughts concerning what I have seen on survey rocks while researching the Beale Treasure in Virginia. You may not have seen my solution to Beale Code 3 which I presented in my recent book The Secret Mission of Thomas Jefferson Beale where I show a reasonable procedure to name the men who went West with Beale. Also, I have a solution to Beale Code 1 where I can draw a metes and bounds map of the valley from the numbers in the code as well as presenting the solutions to four subcodes. In addition I can show the relevance of the few numbers which are shown on a separate paper. Code 3 has some metes and bounds descriptions which tie to the Code 1 map. I have been researching the Beale Treasure for over 25 years and have accumulated a great deal of information. I have walked on the land, taken photographs and videos and visited as many relevent locations as possible. I will release my solution to Beale Code 1 probably within a year. I am in the process of verifying some final information. Whether the treasure is there or not, I don't know. My persistence in the matter is the thrill of solving the code. Larry

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22568.msg171503.html#msg171503

Offline GOLDREAMER
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Puerto Rico

450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2011, 07:18:23 pm »
Go Up Go Down

From a distance I see a Knight or a crusader mounting a horse with a cross emblem.  Rider
That is what I see... Probably, I should use glasses..  Shocked

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22568.msg171568.html#msg171568

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2011, 04:17:11 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GOLDREAMER
From a distance I see a Knight or a crusader mounting a horse with a cross emblem.  Rider
That is what I see... Probably, I should use glasses..  Shocked

It looks to me like King Arthur in Monte Python's movie, The Holy Grail. Is there a little guy behind him clapping coconut shells together?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22568.msg172877.html#msg172877

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2011, 05:23:49 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Larry
I have been researching the Beale Treasure for over 25 years and have accumulated a great deal of information. I have walked on the land, taken photographs and videos and visited as many relevent locations as possible. I will release my solution to Beale Code 1 probably within a year. I am in the process of verifying some final information. Whether the treasure is there or not, I don't know. My persistence in the matter is the thrill of solving the code. Larry

You have wasted 25 yrs of your life just to solve a code, you could of found the treasure in that time, if it did exists?

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22568.msg172889.html#msg172889

Offline GOLDREAMER
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Puerto Rico

450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2011, 07:15:09 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
It looks to me like King Arthur in Monte Python's movie, The Holy Grail. Is there a little guy behind him clapping coconut shells together?

Nope, wait... I can see better... It looks like behind him is a three feet high boomerang aborigin trying to avoid the bite of a jumping spider...  Shocked Shocked

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22568.msg172900.html#msg172900

Offline Larry
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

180.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2011, 07:32:36 am »
Go Up Go Down

Point well-taken; however, I did not waste 25 years. I have studied surveying; Indian tribes and their migrations; map reading; 1800's politics; Thomas Jefferson; the Hemings family; the Buford family; western waterways and crafts used; Natchez Trace; Trappers Trail; Santa Fe Trail; Spanish trails; any Beale information; economic situation in early 1800's; Santa Fe, NM history; mountain ranges and gold fields; taverns and ordinaries; and much, much more. Time wasted? No. The search has been a part-time endeavor until now. I have had a solution to Code 1 for many years and chose not to release that information until now. Work, family situations, health problems have delayed me. I have spent the last years working on Code 3 and decided to release that information in my book The Secret Mission of Thomas Jefferson Beale where I used the Beale letters as foundation for a story leading up to the deposit of the treasure; created a journal record from April 1817 to December 1817; discussed ties to Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemings and various contradictions; presented a detailed solution to Code3 and a list of 30 men who went West. Waste of time. No. Now I will continue with Code 1. I need to renew permissions as well as arranging for the use of a proper ground penetrating device. There is so much iron in the soil that it interrupts readings by common metal detectors, which have been tried. Another problem to resolve is the fixing of a beginning point. Most people say start at the chimney of the old tavern; but I have found other possible beginning points which have to be checked out and consideration given to magnetic changes over the years. Waste of time. No. The pleasure and knowledge that I have gained has been immeasurable. With the price of gold and silver today, pursuing the termination of my efforts with Code 1 could be very rewarding - treasure or no treasure. Waste of time. No. Larry

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22568.msg172904.html#msg172904

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2011, 08:05:02 am »
Go Up Go Down

Well Larry, I think that is an amazing amout of research and you must have enough data by now to nail it once and for all
as soon as you get sorted, the other folks came up with nothing and im not sure what their goal was.
you seem to take offence at the term waste of time, That is alot over time you and your family won't get back and I hope
it comes good for you, So good luck and take care doing it
I hate to see peoples dreams get crushed, like a certain group on here they want so much for it to be true that they dig up concrete and swear it is a sign and then they get all upset when you tell them what it is.

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22568.msg172920.html#msg172920

Offline GOLDREAMER
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Puerto Rico

450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2011, 08:22:04 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Ridge Runner
Well Larry, I think that is an amazing amout of research and you must have enough data by now to nail it once and for all
as soon as you get sorted, the other folks came up with nothing and im not sure what their goal was.
you seem to take offence at the term waste of time, That is alot over time you and your family won't get back and I hope
it comes good for you, So good luck and take care doing it
I hate to see peoples dreams get crushed, like a certain group on here they want so much for it to be true that they dig up concrete and swear it is a sign and then they get all upset when you tell them what it is.

AU

I agree with Ridge Runner. Continue with your work. It looks interesting and awesome.   On the other hand, at the left I can see that from my point of view is a house, fort over the top of a mountain.   Cool Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22568.msg172925.html#msg172925

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States