[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2010, 10:46:09 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Jim moderating has zero to do with believing or not. Some people see signs everywhere when in fact there very few signs and even less treasure found following them. And yes digit is one of them go to his profile and read his past post then came and tell me what he thinks he knows. But I don't have a problem with him just with the ones trying to turn thunting into a conspiracy site. Do a little research and you will find that there has never been enough gold and silver mined in the US to fill up all the cache they claim to have markers on.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18279.msg118911.html#msg118911

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2010, 01:43:31 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by tertiaryjim
I don't know anything about secret societies but I do know that Dign4it has a lot of knowledge and experience following the signs that Seldom claims don't exist.  Seldom-Why would you moderate if you refuse to believe ?      Jim

Look, mate, there are signs left everywhere but they are not usually meant to point to treasure. They point to meeting places, waterholes, places where hobos can get a meal, to townships, to farms, to places of worship and all manner of other places. People who hide treasure do NOT make big arrows pointing to it. That would be world class dumb.

Haven't you ever wondered why, if so many signs point to a treasure, it hasn't been found? Do you really think that the person hiding the treasure would make a game out of it by creating a puzzle so confusing that even his family couldn't find it? Or maybe, his family might have been savvy enough to find it a long time ago.

Basically, nearly all of the signs you see in the world today are either not associated with treasure or in the rare case that they are, the treasure has been recovered. This is a fact, not a lot of idle navel gazing around a campfire dreaming about riches that can be had for nothing more than moving a few shovels full of dirt.

I've found my share of caches. Real hidden money. Never have I found one using a treasure map. Not once. Never have I found one using treasure signs. There weren't any. The way I found them was to use logic and knowledge of the person hiding it. And, I have discovered some by sheer accident of luck.

Something you probably haven't figured out yet but the moderators on this forum are selected by their knowledge and understanding of treasure, gold and relic hunting. It's our skills and knowledge that the board owner wants us to share and use on the forums. It's a waste of time to chase fairy tales and when we point that out, you should listen. The logic behind treasure hunting is something that can be learned. Learn it. Don't fight so hard for the easy way to find treasure when there is no easy way. Learn the tried and tested ways and watch your success rate go up.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18279.msg118925.html#msg118925

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline cuirava
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

620.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

fisher
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2010, 10:40:45 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I know its my wild imagination but that caliz reminds my of the holly grail, also the lines on it

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18279.msg128574.html#msg128574

Offline ram
Silver Member

Thank you148

Activity
0%

Portugal

5270.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2010, 05:31:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

heheheh.. why always rocks and signs? maybe there's also a forum exlusively for pictures of financiers. hehehheh.. if there's, no picture of financier smiling, maybe all financiers face is crying or angry pictures.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18279.msg129100.html#msg129100

Offline goverton
Bronze Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%

United States

665.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2011, 07:17:35 am »
Go Up Go Down

Very Interesting! 
Looks Like a Big Rock Map.
The Triangle with letters may give clue to where to look.

How is land surveyed?  In some states of USA, the land is surveyed in squares. Townships and Range numbers.
I would investigate old plat maps of that area and see if connection between those and that Triangle marker.
As far as the big rock with some sort of Goblet carved on it. I would look at it as a big map of area it is in.  You will
need Terrain Map of area and not a modern topo map.  See if anything lines up from Rock map to terrain map

I have been working with a similar map in Texas that displays a 10 mile sq. area. It has lines and drill holes, angles between drill holes like a survey map, etc...  Just need to take pics of it and study it with terrain map

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18279.msg138587.html#msg138587

Offline soulis1Topic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Greece

140.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2011, 01:22:30 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by seldom
I don't see any signs just some cravings on a tree and scratches on some rocks

When looking at a picture, sometimes it is important to take notes of surroundings as well... The tree markers are about an event that is not later than 1944, and is DEFENITELY related to those Greek rebel forces that were affiliated to the Bulgarian Secta - that is why the Cyrilian "letters" are used instead of the Greek (from which all modern alphabets, including the Slavish ones, are derived). In this area, an underground bunker (man made), containing food & armament supplies was discovered.

So, besides the markings, one should note the tree stumps at the right, which points to the fact that someone has used those for something. The size of the selected logs, tend to indicate timber used for the construction of the ceiling of an underground structure.

I agree with you that NOT ALL signs (most don't) point to burried treasures, but I would caution everybody as to WHAT the person doing the burrying considers a "treasure". An underground bunker, filled with food & armament is MORE than a treasure to a gorilla unit, than gold or money. And surely, as they operated in a network, the existence of this bunker should be made known to ANYONE in that network who would need it. That's why a SIGN on a tree trunk on the side of a pathway is VERY LIKELY to be a SIGN and not just "scratchings"....

I beleive that dign4it has truly vast knowledge concerning signs and as I have seen there is a UNIVERSAL set of sign marks that have been used throught the planet, with similar (if not identical) meanings. I don't believe that a sign used was INVENTED at the time of engraving, but the engravement was based on a known set of signs, which has been with mankind through the centuries, used again & again by those who wanted to conceal something valuable, but not "throw away the key" at the same time! As a cook looks in a cook book for recipes, so does the person making a concealment... it does not JUST happen... It is the result of carefull planning, which starts with the selection of the point of concealment... why would someone go into ALL the trouble of finding an appropriate place, the labour of construction & movement and then NOT BOTHER to put some effort in the CODE used...Huh? Doesn't make sence, does it??

I believe (based on my limited experience) that SIGNS that are not just "stratchings" as seldom pointed, are usualy those found at path or creek intersections, at old churches, at springs and at other STABLE points an area, which will stay intact in time. SIGNS on trees, have been EXTENSIVELY used by gorilla units during & right after WWII in Greece, as time duration of the information didn't have to survive the centuries, but just the following FEW years.

Posted on: August 14, 2011, 01:14:29 PM
Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950

I've found my share of caches. Real hidden money. Never have I found one using a treasure map. Not once. Never have I found one using treasure signs. There weren't any. The way I found them was to use logic and knowledge of the person hiding it. And, I have discovered some by sheer accident of luck.

Something you probably haven't figured out yet but the moderators on this forum are selected by their knowledge and understanding of treasure, gold and relic hunting. It's our skills and knowledge that the board owner wants us to share and use on the forums. It's a waste of time to chase fairy tales and when we point that out, you should listen. The logic behind treasure hunting is something that can be learned. Learn it. Don't fight so hard for the easy way to find treasure when there is no easy way. Learn the tried and tested ways and watch your success rate go up.

I would like your opinion on the following photos of a map and a snapshot of Google Earth.

Treasure or concealment maps are usualy based on a code. Sometimes the solution is staring right into our face, if we BOTHER to look for it

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18279.msg191085.html#msg191085

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

1.jpg
simadi.jpg

Whoever seeks, FINDS......!!

Offline avision4u2liveby
Knight
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2435.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

T2 SE Limited, Fisher F2 backup
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2011, 01:52:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

LMFAO at you dreamers chasing rocks and scratch marks on trees. YES everything is a conspiracy, your doomed lol. When your watching the news channel.......all those symbols scrolling at the bottom of the screen? Thats the REAL news in code, you only hear what we want you to hear. And yes we have treasure buried all over the world. We even left you signs and you idiots cant find a damn thing. Oh well, we control you and the world bwah ha ha ha ha!!!  Spend the rest of your life chasing these delusions of grandeur, thats why we are rich and you are poor and always will be.  lmfao .................. "to get what they got, you gotta do what they did"  guess what? I bet I found more treasure in one of my worst years, than you have in your life. And I never once looked at "signs" as defined by you. The moderators here are very experienced in all aspects of treasure hunting. Stay poor and keep wasting your life away on "signs" because you crack me the phuck up with this shit!  Hello

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18279.msg191092.html#msg191092

:tecknetics: :fisher:

Offline soulis1Topic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Greece

140.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2011, 02:41:52 pm »
Go Up Go Down

@avision4u2liveby

Some of my last finds, which I consider as KNWOLEDGE treasures:
(btw, ALL ARE BEFORE 1900  Wink  )

ΒΑΣΙΛΕΙΟΝ ΤΗΣ ΕΛΛΑΔΟΣ 1894, 20 lepta

Gilted ceremonial Church spoon 17th century

Bronze hinge of Byzantine origin 12th-14th century

ΙΗΣΟΥΣ ΧΡΙΣΤΟΣ ΒΑΣΙΛΕΥΣ ΒΑΣΙΛΕΥ Byzantine bronze 9th century

Byzantine silver belt buckle of higher ranking officer 9th century

But I would GLADLY give ALL this up for just ONE of your finds.... They seem SO VALUABLE!!  Crazy

PS. These are just the SIMPLE finds of the last 3 months, not all of them.....  Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18279.msg191112.html#msg191112

There are 5 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

simadi 044.jpg
simadi 045.jpg
simadi 060.jpg
simadi 113.jpg
simadi 119.jpg

« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 02:47:44 pm by soulis1 »