[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline HavenTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

390.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2010, 03:16:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Yes jim there is an up right turtle that has four diamonds on its back that points to this turtle its close to so the diamonds are varas not leauges = )  there is also another symbol that I will post soon!

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15407.msg99404.html#msg99404

Offline tertiaryjim
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

100.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

minelab explorer se
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2010, 07:44:58 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Haven  Could the turtle be the start of a 4 leauge trail .I seem to remember someone else saying the diamond could be used for varas but they werent certain. Look forward to your pictures and have fun.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15407.msg99447.html#msg99447

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2010, 05:21:15 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Newbies here, please note the those of us who have actually found treasure have done so without some sort of heebie jeebie signs on rocks. Anyone who has buried treasure would never, ever put public signs pointing to the treasure for any reason. Thus, any so called "sign" you find in public is either a practical joke by someone like me or a completely natural occurrence.

Ask yourself one question. If YOU were burying treasure for future use by you or your family, would YOU put out signs with metaphorical or symbolic "arrows" pointing to it? Of course not. To do so would be insane.

Think about reality when trying to locate treasure. Don't look at a heart carved in a tree as a treasure sign. It's the way two lovers sealed their feelings for each other in days gone by. A pile of rocks leads to something more precious than gold. Clean water. Rock carvings by ancients lead to the next village. Some marks on stone were cut there by surveyors during the CCC days. Reality? That's keeping your treasure safe and secret. Lunacy is believing that only your family will find it if you put arrows all over the place and paint "dig here" on a rock.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15407.msg99574.html#msg99574

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Spainard
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

190.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2011, 03:04:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Wow nice turtle! theres alot on this turtle that I see theres a snake head with its mouth open just behind the eye it even has diamonds on its neck look under the eye wow might be poison there . I also see a "treasure here" marker there looks like the side shot of a gold bar ist on an angle like this / in the middle of the turtle shell! I also see a beautiful heart at the bottom of that rock in the middle on the bottom part of that rock amazing ! I also see this (x just above the heart and slightly to the right only the x looks like a v with two .. at the top of each line of the v and that means two vara's deep dig that distance under this rock approx 68 inches and you may hit pay dirt watch out for poison! Anyone else see what im talkin about Huh?

Posted on: March 27, 2011, 02:36:19 PM
Here are pictures from my treasure symbols definitions book that show what im talking about is see both of these on this turtle although the v is reversed on the the turtle photo from how its portrayed in my book!

Posted on: March 27, 2011, 02:50:40 PM
Here are some circles on the turtle photo that show the areas of interest!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15407.msg157426.html#msg157426

There are 4 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

052.jpg
053.jpg
treasure_spots_110[1] (2).jpg
treasure_spots_110[1].jpg

Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Pioneer 202 Bounty Hunter, cen-tech pinpointer, Chicago Tools 43150.
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2011, 03:47:23 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Golddiger is right guys. You can see turtles all day long, heck even make a few yourself.

You need to look for other signs of ancient civilization along with any strange rock formations.

Suggest you look for burn pits, different colored rocks, more turtles in a direct line. If you see a water source, or something else, it could be just that.

When and if you find a sign, always first look at the area real long and hard. See what the sign is telling you. If you go for awhile and see nothing else, then you may have seen a hoax, or part of the trail is gone.

I generally ignore turtles or any other signs till I have something in my hands to show for it. When I start seeing a pattern or series of signs, then I know Im truely onto something.

First thing I learned here on this forum, not one treasure sign ever lead to a treasure. The real treasure is you have found something hundreds of years old. Tread lightly, and take pictures.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15407.msg157433.html#msg157433

The more I learn, the less I know.

Offline tertiaryjim
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

100.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

minelab explorer se
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2011, 03:48:53 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I would suggest not moving a sign to dig under it unless you get a good hit with a deep seeking metal detector. It's far to easy to damage the clues you need to continue and I understand it's extreamly rare to find anything ( Spanish ) close to a sign. If it is a turtle,and it probably is, it should send you to the next clue. Seek direction and distance. Take pictures during the shadow hours.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15407.msg157434.html#msg157434

Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Pioneer 202 Bounty Hunter, cen-tech pinpointer, Chicago Tools 43150.
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2011, 04:06:59 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi teritiaryjim,

I found just that, most signs have been moved or defaced. If you travel in a straight line, which has proven impossible anytime you find signs. you would see a pattern. People and burros didnt move in a straight line. I could think of a few reasons for signs, and it has nothing to do with treasure.

Dont stop looking but look with wider eyes. Course anyone with the gold bug is gonna see treasure.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15407.msg157437.html#msg157437

The more I learn, the less I know.

Offline HavenTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

390.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2011, 10:49:02 am »
Go Up Go Down

Larger Picture of the turtle. Thanks for the Assit Spaniard !

Posted on: March 28, 2011, 10:40:32 AM
Thanks tertiaryjim, what kind of deep seeking metal detector would you suggest ? Anyone have a suggestion ?

Posted on: March 28, 2011, 10:43:42 AM

Posted on: March 28, 2011, 10:46:37 AM
This big rock itself that the Turtle is on kinda looks like a horse or a donkey with no legs theres even what looks like a saddle above the turtle anyone else see what im seeing?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15407.msg157730.html#msg157730

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Big Turtle.jpg

Offline mki
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

305.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Sovereign GT
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2011, 05:25:15 pm »
Go Up Go Down

GoldDigger1950, you are knowledgeable and experienced man, but you are one of those who thinks he knows everything, and you know that's impossible, no disrespect!!! I am attaching a picture where actual treasure was found, and as you can see there is a stone next to the cave entrance that looks a lot like a turtle (you are not expecting the turtle to walk or be alive, right?). Long time ago people in Turkey, Greece, Bulgaria, Romania were using signs to mark their treasures- turtles, snakes, oaks, horses, eagles, pigs, etc. you name it! I've seen most of them with my eyes, and there people here in this forum, from Europe, that can tell you the same. You need to research that topic before telling the people they know nothing about it, and if you need help or more proof let me know, I'll give you few websites and I'll send you some of my personal photos. We are all here to learn and help each other, not to discourage each other!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15407.msg157859.html#msg157859

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

2690828t.jpg

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2011, 05:57:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by mki
You need to research that topic before telling the people they know nothing about it, and if you need help or more proof let me know, I'll give you few websites and I'll send you some of my personal photos. We are all here to learn and help each other, not to discourage each other!

Son let me give you a little free advice first GD BA myself and several others have forgot more about treasure hunting then most of you will ever learn we have sold more treasure then most of you will ever see. I for one have done more research then you will ever do I could fill a 40ft container with just my hard copys of files and books not counting stuff on flash drives.

I'll give you few websites
That statement right there proves to us that you are clueless nobody with a lick of sense uses the internet for hardcore research. We use the net to share information and that is all.

So I suggest you keep your opinions to yourself.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15407.msg157879.html#msg157879

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Up
Jump to: