[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Steveo
Bronze Member

dug so deep I hit #9 coal
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

460.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's M6  :   Garrett 1350 :  Coinmaster tr : Tesoro silver umax : Garrett ace 150
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2011, 09:30:15 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Viracocha
Game on... I like the idea!

A  "BBTH Global directory for overseas purchase!"

I could just see it!

<knock knock>  oh hello Mr. Smith... my name is B.K. Nose... a few weeks ago you sold an e-track to a member of ours for 200 bucks... and you never delivered the item.....Gee wiz that is a strange accent coming from someone from the UK...and you look nothing like the fat white guy on your profile...well I'm here to add a little blue to your complexion"  <Whap! Thump! KeerPow! Spank!> "Have a nice day, oh and thanks for the 200 bucks back.... did you want your front teeth?"

Now that's a real knee slapper,WOW lol   Funny
Oh but wouldn't that be great if that could be done just as your little story goes.
I'm still LMAO.....  Grin

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26171.msg183637.html#msg183637

Offline ViracochaTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

1790.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Sea Hunter II , Makro JeoTech Led
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2011, 09:38:46 am »
Go Up Go Down

Trust me I would love to meet Mr. Danny Sharp in a dark tool shed of my choice...lets just put it like this... a maul is a hard thing to pass!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26171.msg183643.html#msg183643

EarthKinEnergy.com  :We bring green ideas to Light!"

Offline Ridge Runner
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2011, 09:39:50 am »
Go Up Go Down

Well i liked my natural approach sort of inner zen meets caveman Cheesy Cheesy

it just needs a little fine tuning Wink

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26171.msg183644.html#msg183644

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2011, 09:40:14 am »
Go Up Go Down

Y'all forgetting the trucking company is also a victim here.
I get 2 or 3 notices like that a month claiming that trucking company or UPS etc is setting on a order of glass and supplies I have ordered for the shop but they need me to WN them 89 or 129 dollars before they can deliver it. The net is full of scammers best advice is if you don't recognize the person are sender don't open the massage. If the title says HI don't open it. If it links you to a home page don't go there. If they don't take PayPal screw them.

Big Water runs a site that exposes scammers or did. I visited it last year and was impressed with the info there I lost the link but maybe he will repost it for us.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26171.msg183645.html#msg183645

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline Steveo
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

460.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's M6  :   Garrett 1350 :  Coinmaster tr : Tesoro silver umax : Garrett ace 150
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2011, 09:50:04 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Viracocha
Trust me I would love to meet Mr. Danny Sharp in a dark tool shed of my choice...lets just put it like this... a maul is a hard thing to pass!

Oh this guy is way too funny...  Funny

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26171.msg183648.html#msg183648

Offline Ridge Runner
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2011, 09:50:53 am »
Go Up Go Down

If you type in the address on google Earth you will see the place, because google photographed
all the streets at ground level here and you can view the place from all 4 sides,
and it wont hurt for me to go over there for ya and photo the place
or go and have words Violent

AU

Seldom, I would'nt know a scam if it bit me down south so if he could post that here that would help,

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26171.msg183650.html#msg183650

Offline Steveo
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

460.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2011, 09:57:06 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by seldom
Y'all forgetting the trucking company is also a victim here.
I get 2 or 3 notices like that a month claiming that trucking company or UPS etc is setting on a order of glass and supplies I have ordered for the shop but they need me to WN them 89 or 129 dollars before they can deliver it. The net is full of scammers best advice is if you don't recognize the person are sender don't open the massage. If the title says HI don't open it. If it links you to a home page don't go there. If they don't take PayPal screw them.

Big Water runs a site that exposes scammers or did. I visited it last year and was impressed with the info there I lost the link but maybe he will repost it for us.

Seldom  Is there really any time that a trucking company would ask for additional money to complete a shipment?  I thought that all that would be squared away for the word go.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26171.msg183651.html#msg183651

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2011, 10:38:06 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Shootin4Coal
Seldom  Is there really any time that a trucking company would ask for additional money to complete a shipment?  I thought that all that would be squared away for the word go.

No never. The reason being is that the shipper makes the shipping arrangements so any problem would be worked out at that end the customer would not be involved.

AU one of the easiest scams to explain is the one that involves banks or paypal. The conman builds a page that looks like paypals or a banks sends out mass emails stating you need to update your info and by clicking link you can do it right now. You click on the link and go to a page that look just like your banks page asking you for account info etc. If you put it in you will wake up broke tomorrow.
I do lots of business with PayPal and get lots of request to update my account I finally called them and talked to a very nice guy that told me it only takes one person out of 10'000 people to update their bank account for the scammer to make money. His figures were something like this sorry did not write it down but this is close.
For Bank Accounts: out of 10,000 only 1000 will even have an account there so 9,000 will send it to spam. Out of the 1000 with an account there 990 will see it as a scam and deleted it out of the 10 left 9 will call the bank be told that the bank will never ask for info over the phone or the net. and deleted it. But one person will fill out the info and thats all it takes.     
PayPals numbers are higher as a large percentage of the internet community have PP accounts even if seldom used. The problem there is that the questionnaires your asked to fill out ask for debit/credit card info and pass words thats a no no never give out any info on the net or over the phone unless you have called your bank and know for a fact thats who you are talking with.     

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26171.msg183664.html#msg183664

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline Ridge Runner
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2011, 11:20:34 am »
Go Up Go Down

Well today I have been trying to access my paypal account and after 17 times i gave up and contacted them
so I now i have got to try all their ideas and see if i can get it to work because i need to use it and if it dont
then I better try something new

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26171.msg183679.html#msg183679

Offline Gramps43
Bronze Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2121.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Gold Snoop, White's 4900/D & White's Gold Master.
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2011, 11:43:58 am »
Go Up Go Down

Seldom, I know of where you speak I've had a few of those bank & PayPal E-mails also.  But on the subject trucking co. scams I had an outfit in Durham, NC try to get some bucks out of me.  When I was transferred from Othello AFS, WA to Ft. Fisher AFS, NC I had to depart WA pronto so my inlaws oversaw the packing of what little household belongings my new wifey and I had (900 lb box.)  The outfit in NC snagged the box knowing full well they had no routes to the Wilmington/FT. Fisher area.  So they called me wanting to know what I wanted to do with this big box.

I made a beeline for the transportation office at the site and they whipped off a letter telling these guys they had better get that box down here post-haste or risk losing any contracts they had with the gov..  The following Saturday morning I get a call that I had a 900 lb. box sitting out at the site and that should come and get it.

All of was back in the late "60's" so even though it was a real trucking co. and no internet in site there will always be scums trying to scam the decent folk out of their hard earned yenom.

Gramps

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26171.msg183687.html#msg183687

« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 11:45:40 am by Gramps43 »

It is better to die fighting evil than to live under it.

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Jump to: