[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline HobbyistTopic starter
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia
Referrals: 0

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 09:20:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
It's rather arrogant of you to insist that you will assume the name of something you don't own as yours. Shame on you, mate.

But to get back on topic, what did you find? If you don't want to be specific, at least say what the depth, mass and size was.

YAY! My DSL is back! Had mondo port problems, but they're fixed (for now. THis crap happens at least 6-7 times a year for the past 6 years)
Golddigger: Arrogant?  Grin Not in the least! OK..let me spell out for you; maybe you can understand my stance better then. Thunting.com already slaps a watermark on photos posted to this site. Do I view it as arrogant to place a watermark of a website to photos which belongs to someone else? NO. I merely feel that the current watermark is inadequate, and users should be given a choice to choose what level of watermarking (or none at all) they wish to employ. And since there is a watermark of the site on photos which are not the work of the site (tho not on center the photo itself), why not TWO watermarks?

Now, I could also accuse others of being arrogant for harping on a topic they have no basis to harp on (other than as an expression of their own views/agenda), but I won't, because that's not what I'm here for. I could also harp on how supremely arrogant it was to not allow Alan Hassel to remove his postings, but I won't coz once I post something here, I deem it as my little contribution to the site, and is not to be taken back, ever (and Alan should have not been so petty). Now give it a rest, mate. We have better things to discuss.

OK. In answer to Golddigger and Goldenboy's questions:

I was initially very reluctant to even start this post, but seeing as that dig site is over and done with, and the people involved have dispersed, I decided to try and find some middle-ground between revealing everything and keeping my big mouth shut, because I felt the info could help fellow-Nokta owners.

1) The Nokta does not provide info on the mass of the detected object.
2) As Vourvon ( and I have found out the hard way, depth readings beyond a few meter or so can be off by as much as 100%; follow the instruction book. Widen the hole, and re-ground-balance the machine away from the initial target spot. I cannot emphasize enough the importance of ground-balancing. It is the only thing that stands in the way of getting usable info from the machine, and getting utter rubbish. I know the unit is heavy and is a real pain to ground-balance, but it HAS to be done with regularity and precision.

That's all I can divulge. I know you all really want to see the complete details of the readings I got, but I'm sorry. I simply cannot show those.

Goldenboy, in post 6, you wanted to see the proof of the pudding. You will not see it no matter what details I put in here, because the only good proof of any pudding is to have some hands-on time with the machine; not from some words typed by a stranger.

In the past, Golddigger had suggested that I rent out the machine to people who wanted to test it. I heartily agreed to that. So far, there have been no inquiries from my neck of the woods. If you really want to see if the Nokta is rubbish or is a decent detector, go borrow or rent one and test it out. Don't just read about the pudding...you must TASTE the pudding! Smiley

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16945.msg109656.html#msg109656

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2010, 07:08:26 am »
Go Up Go Down

Sorry Hobbyist , im not convinced ! this post is about large targets , but you havnt provided one apart from the digger ? It is already found !
 OK i could say my detecter brand  X found a target at 4-6 ft ... and just show a hole 5 ft deep Huh?
 Do you get it ? how big was the target ? what metal ? what was the reading ...  Cool

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16945.msg109683.html#msg109683

Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2010, 07:40:28 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by goldnboy
Sorry Hobbyist , im not convinced ! this post is about large targets , but you havnt provided one apart from the digger ? It is already found !
 OK i could say my detecter brand  X found a target at 4-6 ft ... and just show a hole 5 ft deep Huh?
 Do you get it ? how big was the target ? what metal ? what was the reading ...  Cool

Sorry Goldenboy, I'm not here to convince you, or anyone else. And no matter what I type, you should not be convinced by anything you read online. Just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it's accurate. To be more precise, the main purpose of this post is to encourage Nokta owners to push the limits of their machines, and not take the 15-foot depth of the medium detection head as the absolute limit. No more details will be forthcoming; whether you are convinced or not is moot. Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16945.msg109684.html#msg109684

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2010, 02:13:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Hobbyist
Sorry Goldenboy, I'm not here to convince you, or anyone else. And no matter what I type, you should not be convinced by anything you read online. Just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it's accurate. To be more precise, the main purpose of this post is to encourage Nokta owners to push the limits of their machines, and not take the 15-foot depth of the medium detection head as the absolute limit. No more details will be forthcoming; whether you are convinced or not is moot. Smiley

You see, there's that arrogance again. The subject of your own post makes your post about targets and the Nokta but here you lambaste someone over his disbelief. Hobbyist, you need a hobby.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16945.msg109762.html#msg109762

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2010, 05:23:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
You see, there's that arrogance again. The subject of your own post makes your post about targets and the Nokta but here you lambaste someone over his disbelief. Hobbyist, you need a hobby.

Pot calling the kettle black, y'know  Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16945.msg109786.html#msg109786

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2010, 10:23:36 pm »
Go Up Go Down

RE Nokta gold king and possible large targets ! ? !

Its possible to find large targets with the Nokta gold king NGR but from what i know of it you would be beater off to try another brand ( beter value for money...)
 Any other brand of detector is probably a safer option "
 Then again you could dig a target at 20 ft , and who knows you may have found something  / NOT

Happy hunting    Cool

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16945.msg109824.html#msg109824

Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2010, 12:30:23 am »
Go Up Go Down

RE Nokta gold king and possible large targets ! ? !

Its possible to find large targets with the Nokta gold king NGR but from what i know of it you would be beater off to try another brand ( beter value for money...)
 Any other brand of detector is probably a safer option "
 Then again you could dig a target at 20 ft , and who knows you may have found something  / NOT

Happy hunting    Cool

Very true, and duly agreed, Goldenboy. The Nokta has always been an overpriced piece of gear even tho it can perform. Such is free enterprise: charge whatever the market will bear and what the perceived value of the item is to the consumer!

I'm inclined to go with Vourvon's opinion too, and say that a good pulse induction box with 1 meter frame is more worth the money. I've double checked the Nokta's scans with a borrowed PI of Bulgarian manufacture and they are in concurrence (with the exception of depth and target ID, which the PI is not capable of). However in areas where old WW2 munitions abound, I still feel safer with the Nokta.

Now I'm off to apply your good idea on crocs. If you don't see me again, assume the idea didn't work (and Golddigger can breathe a sigh of relief that he is rid of this arrogant xxx)  Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16945.msg109853.html#msg109853

« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 05:36:27 am by seldom »

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2010, 12:56:11 am »
Go Up Go Down

OK Hobbyist perhaps I'm best to go with the supplier  ? for confirmation how the Mgr performs ? ( from what Ive found on the net , it's not so good ? TBC  ) ?
 You could say the Jury jury is out ?
 Prove me wrong if you can ? I can se some advantages if the Nokta is true to form Huh?
 But most post i can find and other info say's no   Cool

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16945.msg110019.html#msg110019

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2010, 01:53:15 am »
Go Up Go Down

OK Hobbyist perhaps I'm best to go with the supplier  ? for confirmation how the Mgr performs ? ( from what Ive found on the net , it's not so good ? TBC  ) ?
 You could say the Jury jury is out ?
 Prove me wrong if you can ? I can se some advantages if the Nokta is true to form Huh?
 But most post i can find and other info say's no   Cool

As near as I can tell, the only complaint about the Nokta is price versus performance. For the amount of money you pay for one unit, it should wake you up in the morning, cook breakfast, make coffee and still have time to locate a treasure chest and make a key for it. Sadly, all it does is deep penetrating radar imaging which the user must then decipher.

In other words, like the rest of the world, physics limits what it can and can't do.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16945.msg110022.html#msg110022

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2010, 05:27:36 am »
Go Up Go Down

Cooked breakfast and coffe sound nice, any detector that can do that is worth gold !! still waiting for that one   Cool haha Some day Wink perhaps ! Nokta May have some advantages but I'm not sure of these as yet
 If it can do what is stated on some Postings , it could be a good investment ! Yet to be proved...   Cool

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16945.msg110037.html#msg110037

Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to: