[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline HobbyistTopic starter
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia
Referrals: 0

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: August 05, 2010, 09:38:53 pm »
Go Up Go Down

The Nokta NGR with medium detection head is said by the manufacturers to max out at 15 feet depth. It goes a little deeper that that if the target is reasonably large, and the machine is properly ground balanced.

In air-tests, a Hitachi EX200 excavator is detected at 40 feet. Granted, that is a HUGE target...and in the open air. What about smaller targets?

Please refer to photo #1. A year ago, I had detected a target in this rock. It was a very faint signal, but a target nonetheless. The Nokta had been ground-balanced on another patch of rock.

This year, we bashed thru the rock (photo #2). The signal was consistent and grew stronger as the rock was hewn away. Scans of the broken rock chunks that had been removed from the dig were negative; showing that the target was not within the rock, but beneath it.

Photo #3 shows a casual measuring of the depth. Allowing for bends in the measuring tape, it's about 20 feet down. The Nokta's meter dials maxed out here.

You may have noticed I have left out certain details; it is on purpose. The sole intent of this post is to show that the NGR is capable of more than it's advertised to be. For those who are concerned that our heads are white squares, don't worry...we still can get haircuts! Smiley

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16945.msg108764.html#msg108764

There are 3 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 10:58:05 pm »
Go Up Go Down

If you insist on putting a huge watermark in the middle of the photo, would you kindly use your OWN name instead of this forum?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16945.msg108776.html#msg108776

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 12:19:51 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
If you insist on putting a huge watermark in the middle of the photo, would you kindly use your OWN name instead of this forum?

My own screen name is already on the posting to which the photos are attached. Unless the site's policy forbids marking photos posted to it with the site's name, I shall continue to do so.

Christian, I look forward to the clickable watermark. I hope it does not cause you too much trouble. However if you find my watermarked photos objectionable, I shall remove them and replace them with unwatermarked versions. For now, despite Golddigger's harrassments, I shall keep on doing what I think is best.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16945.msg108786.html#msg108786

« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 12:28:34 am by Hobbyist »

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 12:47:31 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hobbyist, there is already a watermark there at the bottom. If you want your own in the middle, put it there. Otherwise, please don't muddy up the photos here. You do not own thunting.com. You do own your own name.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16945.msg108787.html#msg108787

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 04:09:38 am »
Go Up Go Down

hi Hobbyist, what was the target beneath the rock ?
 that is of interest to me , a picture would e good also  Cool

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16945.msg108800.html#msg108800

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 04:23:45 am »
Go Up Go Down

I'm curious about what is there, too. In fact, I was quite pleased to see a good review of the Nokta after all the bad words about it here on this forum.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16945.msg108806.html#msg108806

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 06:09:54 am »
Go Up Go Down

I thought the Nokta came with a depth reading !? and target id also Huh? nothing said about that on this post ? If you want to say how good it is back it up with the find. the proof is in the pudding   Cool
 perhaps you just found a hot rock or nothing at all. 20 ft false target lol  Cool = nokta no good !

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16945.msg108822.html#msg108822

Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2010, 06:58:49 am »
Go Up Go Down

My net connect is buggy, so lets see if this gets thru.

I'm well aware of who owns thunting.com, and it's neither Golddigger nor me; and if the owner objects to my usage of his website name on a photo which is posted to the same website, I will gladly take it off ASAP. Until then it stays on, despite what any may say. Unlike Allan Hassel who wanted to remove all his postings (and was subsequently disallowed to do so), whatever I contribute here will stay here unless the owner deems otherwise. If and when Christian comes out with another watermark that can be placed in a conspicuous spot, I'll gladly swap out the self-watermarked photos (I have 3 backup copies of each) if he wishes to mark them.

As for goldenboy's goadings on backing it up with photos of the find, one day you will learn that it's not worth sacrificing discretion for the sake of a virtual pat on the back. You may choose to believe what you wish based on the meager info I provided.

More to the point, this post is aimed at the few Nokta NGR owners who visit this forum: do not take the 15-foot detection limit for the medium head as gospel. The machine is capable of at least 1/3more depth than I previously expected. Ground-balance it properly and it will perform well. Happy hunting!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16945.msg108826.html#msg108826

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2010, 02:26:42 pm »
Go Up Go Down

It's rather arrogant of you to insist that you will assume the name of something you don't own as yours. Shame on you, mate.

But to get back on topic, what did you find? If you don't want to be specific, at least say what the depth, mass and size was.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16945.msg108869.html#msg108869

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2010, 03:06:34 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Hobbyist
 I haven't heard of  much good press on the Nokta. From what i know, it  gives a target id and depth.
 please prove me wrong if you think its a good machine. Target type and depth will need to be provided for this ?  Cool

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16945.msg108974.html#msg108974

Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to: