[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GREY RIDERTopic starter
Bronze Member

There is iron in my words
Thank you10

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

540.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
MS Internet Explorer 9.0
MS Internet Explorer 9.0

Awards

MARKSMAN &  FISHER  F-2     Garrett pro pointer
« on: February 17, 2015, 11:47:53 am »
Go Up Go Down

Wow , I am tired of this cold  and snow  been researchin spots  to dig  securing permission and stuff and i cant wait to go diggin , 30's i can handle but when its this cold  i tend to stay in . been a little bit under the weather so to speak . i know parts of the country are worse of than here Lord help em   hopefully it will be warm days soon .  Coffee

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,59751.msg291886.html#msg291886

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
75%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Chrome 40.0.2214.111
Chrome 40.0.2214.111

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 12:44:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GREY RIDER
Wow , I am tired of this cold  and snow  been researchin spots  to dig  securing permission and stuff and i cant wait to go diggin , 30's i can handle but when its this cold  i tend to stay in . been a little bit under the weather so to speak . i know parts of the country are worse of than here Lord help em   hopefully it will be warm days soon .  Coffee

Carl and I and the rest of the detectorists here in the balmy Valley of the Sun (site of the recently concluded Superbowl XLVIIII  (yeah, I think it should have been IL)), are enjoying the balmy weather.  Current temperatures are 67F/19C with 20% humidity and winds at 2 mph (3kph).  Forecasted high is 75F/24C.   Absolutely perfect detecting weather and I'm stuck behind a desk in my office  Sad  
But think of it this way, it won't be much longer before the rest of you are enjoying the kind of weather Carl and I are.   When that happens, we're going to be stuck in the house where the temperatures are tolerable wondering what we're going to do until it get's "cool enough" to detect again.
      Well, this year I have a plan.   I'm already planning a series of exploratory weekend trips up in the mountains where the temps should be at least 10-15degrees lower than they will be down here.   I've got an old narrow gauge railroad that I want to trace for 25-30 miles to see if any spots along it would be suitable for taking my local club to as a club outing.  Initial indications are that a high-clearance vehicle is recommended but NOT required for the whole distance, which is a big consideration when looking for a place for the club.   And at least part of the route I'm going to check out are close enough that day trips are a possibility, assuming we turn up enough targets during our trial runs to justify a trip.  BUT the club trips won't happen until either fall or next summer....just to make sure all the t's are crossed and all the i's are dotted.

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,59751.msg291890.html#msg291890

« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 12:44:48 pm by BitburgAggie_7377 »
Bronze Member

Thank you10

Activity
0%
Male
United States

540.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
MS Internet Explorer 9.0
MS Internet Explorer 9.0

Awards

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 01:54:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Sounds like a fun undertaking there Bitburg. I am sure someone will find somthing of interest  you guys know if your out there  looking theres no telling what other mysteries  you can come across leads to explore and fun to be had just in finding outsome of what folks did back when or piecing it together  is fulfilling especially when it all comes together with finds best of luck with that  . i havent done any serious searchin for a year or 2  but this year i plan to get out and find some stuff  you know its were you find it . one recommendation i would like to get out there for the beach hunters is somthing i learned on my last beach hunt  which took place on the first day of our vacation  when you are smearing sunscreen on dont forget if barefooted  put some on top of your feet .  to be honest i wasn't looking 15 minutes till i found about $2 in coins and a ring (which i teased the wife about because i predicted it all the way to florida )  I searched about another 20 minutes and felt like the sun was burning a hole in me and like my old dog i wanted to crawl under somthing to get out of it thank god for those temporary  canopies  were where those when we was kids? they make the beach tolerable  and i like to knap under them with the sound of the waves and the ocean breezeand a frosty cold adult beverage . so about sundown we headed in to clean up and go eat and the tops of my feet were fire engine red and glowing  (they dont see the sun much anywere let alone close to the equator ) almost made me tear up a time or 2 to be honest  so learn from my mistakes  or have to explain why your wearing socks in the water lol! I would like to try the desert ghost town searching  or nugget hunting one day  as well as a stream sluice or dredge  hang in there it sounds like you have somthing cool to look forward to  Detecting

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,59751.msg291900.html#msg291900

« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 01:58:17 pm by GREY RIDER »
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
75%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Chrome 40.0.2214.111
Chrome 40.0.2214.111

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 03:06:32 pm »
Go Up Go Down

ooooooh, you brought back bad memories with that advice to put sunscreen on the tops of your feet.   Worst sunburn I ever got was on the tops of my feet...big blisters between the straps of my sandals while on the Spanish Riveria.   Take Grey Rider's advice.....slather EVERYTHING that might possibly get exposed (or wear shoes).

(and my warm weather plans got a bit more complicated...research to day has shown that long stretches of my proposed hunt area have been converted to non-vehicular trails.)   A challenge, but not insurmountable from a personal standpoint, but kind puts the damper in it from the club hunt standpoint.

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,59751.msg291912.html#msg291912

Offline Kazım Yılmaz
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

30.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows XP
Windows XP
Chrome 40.0.2214.111
Chrome 40.0.2214.111

Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 03:33:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi, I'm digging the turkey I electronic technical service I eprom many detector due to some high voltage them alone there came to my hand and I helpless pic information is deleted now have in my hand 7 emfat 12/4 pic malfunctioning alone is not repairing chance because there is no pic hex file to me hex file that is open or a pic hex file Can you help required many thanks in advance'd respects

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,59751.msg291913.html#msg291913

Bronze Member

Thank you10

Activity
0%
Male
United States

540.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
MS Internet Explorer 9.0
MS Internet Explorer 9.0

Awards

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 07:10:52 am »
Go Up Go Down

Get you some mules  the original ATV !  possibly with some   wagons or carts .  if they dont qualify as vehicles  better check on that  first  before you do  though ,    if nothing else just to shuttle folks out to your site  might add that ole timey feel to it or make it more fun ?  i love to ride mules i like horses  but mules are my faves  i have skinned a team  a mile or two in my day  on rough trail  but its fun the modern wagons are an easier ride though with springs and inflated tires  them old wagons  would have made your jaw teeth hurt  and your kidneys lol!   i dont have a team my father in law wants me to take an old team he has but i am more of a rider not a driver  if i want to go off trail and up a hill side i just point a mule up it and we go  or down  thats real freedom to me . but wagons are cool and give you a place to sleep  or shade if you need it  . may be you could hire some for a day  or someone in your  club has some ? or a local mule /horse club may be able to help most of the mule and hose type  clubs will carry insurance wich is a plus nowdays as well  when we ride with our club we are insured through them . maybe more than you want to mess with  i can understand that .  How can anyone not smile and chuckle when they see and hear a mule or donkey  hee haw  its awsome and they are worth having around just for that alone .

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,59751.msg291956.html#msg291956

« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 07:23:30 am by GREY RIDER »
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
75%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Chrome 40.0.2214.111
Chrome 40.0.2214.111

Awards

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2015, 11:39:28 am »
Go Up Go Down

The wife knows that if we had the money and the space we'd have a couple of mules or burros.  I packed with mules a couple of times, but that was years ago (like 40+, but at least I still know how to distribute weight on the pack saddle and how to tie a diamond hitch).   I know mules would get me places where ATVs can't go even if they were allowed.  Heck if my Australian Cattle Dog (Blue tick/Queensland Heeler) wasn't stone cold deaf and I had a pack mule or two, I could be very happy up in the mountains with just the dog and the pack animals....of course, there's the question about whether the wife would want to come along or not (which has it's own set of pluses and minuses).   It's on the bucket list anyway.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,59751.msg291983.html#msg291983

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Firefox 35.0
Firefox 35.0

Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2015, 11:46:44 am »
Go Up Go Down

10 years ago the lady down the road told me take the Donky home with you.   I was thinking she was joking. Two weeks later it was gone.  I asked were is the Jack Ass.   She said she gave it away.   To this day I'm kicking my own Ass for not taking it.   At the time we had a Goat shed and a Goat named Sid we would use to pack crap on hikes.   Ol Side died not long after that in a Ice Storm.  13 years old is old for a Goat.   Nubian, I could ride him at that age around the Property.   Strong he was.    Ol Sid shaird a beer with me just about every evening.   Loved his beer.  60 - 80lb he could carry all day long.  No Teather.  No Rop.  If you walked there he followed.   No feed required.  We kept a few gal of water just for him.  LOL He Carried it.   Water is 8lb a Gallon.   God I miss my Beer Drinking Hiking paking buddy.  You just don't find goats like him any more.  Brought up by my mudder in Law he was 7 when we took charge of him.   

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,59751.msg291987.html#msg291987

« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 12:01:36 pm by homefire »
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
75%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Chrome 40.0.2214.111
Chrome 40.0.2214.111

Awards

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2015, 11:51:42 am »
Go Up Go Down

When we finally retire and settle outside the city, Mrs BA has made it very clear she wants goats (although she has threatened me with a painful demise if I even think about turning her "pets" into cabrito).   She knows that part of that deal is that I get to have either a mule or a burro (or two), partly to help watch over the goats and partly for recreational/prospecting use.

And yes, you should kick yourself for not at least asking if she was serious.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,59751.msg291988.html#msg291988

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Firefox 35.0
Firefox 35.0

Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2015, 12:07:57 pm »
Go Up Go Down

With a #10 Coffee can and one tsp of Vinegar you can make the Best Cottage or Parmison cheese you could ever ask for. Parmison takes about a month in the Freg soaked or rolled Wrap in Paper and let it dried out  in Salt.  nannies can pack but not half what a Good billy can.    Sid wasn't nutt cut  and was still gentle and tame.   He just had a thing about people.   A rub between his horns and a Beer now and then he was your buddy.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,59751.msg291994.html#msg291994

« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 12:11:54 pm by homefire »
Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to: