[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline rebeljohn
Copper Member

Cigars & THunting--Great Combo
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

227.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab Explorer XS
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2006, 02:36:52 pm »
Go Up Go Down

My most valuable find, was an 1864 half dime in excellent condition. It was found beneath an old house that was being torn down near my home. Gen. Sherman had camped nearby in the spring of 1865, and local lore said that some of his men stayed in the house. I will always wonder if one of the Yankees had dropped it...... You never know.........I had agreed to split my finds with the landowner, so I gave him half the money when I sold it online a few years back. He said he appreciated it, but declined to take the money. The area is now a housing development.
My oldest coin I have found is a Viginia half penny that I found in my back yard(I live on the site of an old plantation). I still have that one.
I have found most every kind of US coin, but the ever elusive gold coin is still out there for me to find..............maybe someday.............

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,80.msg4449.html#msg4449

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4    Go Up
Jump to: