[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline CyberborikuaTopic starter
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

5220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

BH Tracker IV, BH Pioneer 505, Minelab Safari, Minelab E-Trac, Hybrid Cobra Beach Magnet, Tesoro Sand Shark
« on: December 28, 2010, 12:54:16 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Well folks, my Los Cabos adventure came to an end. For a whole week I enjoyed the pleasures of this vacation paradise. Los Cabos now became one of my favorite spots visited so far. Great weather day and night, wonderful people, delicious food, beautiful beaches and scenery, fabulous day activities, and exciting night life. Definitely a place to stay as long as you can! No boredom possible in Los Cabos.

Metal detecting in Los Cabos was a great experience too. I decided to bring my BH Pioneer 505 ($299) because I was not sure about possible issues carrying an MD abroad given the many security restrictions in airports. In fact, an airline agent in Chicago was not sure about me bringing the Pioneer as a carry on inside the plane. Well, no problem at all at any airport here or in Los Cabos. Nobody said a word to me and I happily carried my MD with me all the time!  I only detected for about a couple of hours at four different beaches and besides the many pull-tabs and other nuisance, I managed to find 3 silver rings, a good number of US and Mexican coins (90% of the tourism in Cabos comes from the US and Canada), and other not so interesting stuff like a cell phone, a credit card and bookstore card (by accident), fishing weights, and even 2 dangerous large fish hooks on dry sand  Shocked .

I came across with another MD folk from California at the busy Las Cascadas Beach (in Cabo San Lucas) and he had found 3 gold rings last year, but no luck this year so far because he said that many detectorists from the US come to Los Cabos and frequently hunt on that particular beach. Note that I wasn't detecting in the water or wet sand because I carried a land detector. So if you want to find gold (and there is a lot of it there), you will have to bring a beach MD with you for most of the jewelry is found in shallow water! Lots of tourists I saw snorkeling and swimming with their expensive gold jewelry on, something that I would never do personally Teach.

Locals were very curious and interested in MD for the very same reasons we are! Yet, they don't know where to acquire one and some found a $299 MD unaffordable Undecided . There is a Sam's Club and a Costco in Cabos, but they told me that they don't carry them. Well, I understand that it is not profitable to carry an item that locals would not normally afford. So the possibilities are excellent to find good stuff and even if you find Mexican coins, you can always save on goods purchased there.

Well, that's it for now. I loved the experience and will return to this paradise spot in the future.  Detecting

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20331.msg134016.html#msg134016

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

IMG_2944.JPG

Offline LeRoy Silver
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1431.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 01:10:06 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Nice finds and good times it sounds like

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20331.msg134021.html#msg134021

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 02:58:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Sounds like you had a great time Relaxing and Detecting.    Detecting
So I assume Los Cabos is not affected with the crime and gun battels associated with Mexico City and up to the Border towns from the drug Cartels.  Fight

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20331.msg134041.html#msg134041

"Keep Digging Its Down There Somewhere" Treasure Hunting, Gold and Coins.

Offline CyberborikuaTopic starter
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

5220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

BH Tracker IV, BH Pioneer 505, Minelab Safari, Minelab E-Trac, Hybrid Cobra Beach Magnet, Tesoro Sand Shark
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 03:14:49 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Good question! Not at all. Los Cabos depends exclusively on tourism and so they are very protective of their main source of living. Los Cabos is very safe and its people very courteous and friendly. Look at this, I just lost a little nose piece from my sunglasses and while trying to find it on the ground, a local pedestrian asked me if I was fine and quickly volunteered to help me find the minute piece! Where else in the world would you find such a courtesy? Those are the little things that make you like a place and wanting to come back. Go ahead and visit Los Cabos any time, you'll love it!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20331.msg134044.html#msg134044

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

IMG_2945.JPG

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 03:26:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Sounds wonderfull , I will check into it.
Thanks
Karl

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20331.msg134051.html#msg134051

"Keep Digging Its Down There Somewhere" Treasure Hunting, Gold and Coins.

Offline LeRoy Silver
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1431.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 08:59:33 pm »