[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GoldDigger1950Topic starter
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« on: January 19, 2013, 12:01:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by xavier
I bid on a wireless head set on Bid or Buy for R61.00, the idea is to incorporate the TX in my detector.

Im in the process of designing a Bluetooth(TM) module that will allow you wireless headphone (headset, actually) so that when your phone rings, you can answer it with a button push on your earphone. The module works fine but there is a tiny bit of lag in time that I am working on eliminating. When finished, I will make the schematic available for all DIY types to incorporate.

The features are:
1. Silence or FM radio music until a beep is sent. That overrides the sound for a full 60 seconds unless reset manually.
2. When a phone call comes in, you either answer or reject. Answer allows you silence from your detector until you hang up. Reject sends it to voice mail and resets.
3. Wireless headset for phone and future voice commands.
4. 5 programmable buttons on headset for controlling features of any DIY detector.

This is an advanced feature Bluetooth control that can be used on ANY project at all but initially for my detector which is on the drawing board.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,45731.msg248423.html#msg248423

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium
Referrals: 0

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 12:37:48 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Cheesy GD you are a STAR sir.

You must let us know how your project is coming along. I'm sure that you will have a lot of people wanting to buy a unit from you as soon as you have it working.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,45731.msg248426.html#msg248426

Xavier

So many questions so little time

Offline ArfieBoy
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you294

Activity
2%
Male
United States

16031.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Compass X-70; Compass X-200; Compass Coin Scanner Pro II; Whites Coinmaster 2/DB Series 2
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 12:55:49 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hey, Peter!  Your pictures look like they were taken outside my door!  Same kind of weather here in northeastern Oregon.   Last week we got about 8" to 10" of snow.   Some melted off, then the cold weather set in, between 5F and 20F.  Ground is frozen solid.  No more new snow, but the old isn't going away either!    Cry

GD, I just got some new hearing aids from the VA.  They have the kind of blue tooth technology you are working on.  They work with me cell phone so I can hear the phone ring through my hearing aids, push a button on the unit, and talk.  Works really well!  I never thought about using that tech with a detector, but I am enthused by your project!  That would work great with us hearing aid users!   Great  Look forward to the finished product!                            Wise

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,45731.msg248432.html#msg248432

ArfieBoy

Government can not give anything to anyone...  without first taking it from someone else!

Offline Pgill
Gold Member

From wet and dull UK :-)
Thank you6

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

9290.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250 / Whites MXT Pro
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 12:58:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by {author}
The module works fine but there is a tiny bit of lag in time

GD, X can give you an answer to this problem, he is an "Lag in Time" expert  Funny Funny Funny

Buddy, just got my hard copy of my book in my luggage, and also waiting on some photo's from SA for one of my sites  Kiss will be working on it again soon  Welcome

Arfieboy, the photo's were taken from your garden  Cheesy

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,45731.msg248433.html#msg248433

God Bless
Peter

Please Register or Login

http://petergill.webs.com

Please Register or Login

http://petergill.webs.com/treasurestore.htm

The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 01:05:47 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by xavier
You must let us know how your project is coming along. I'm sure that you will have a lot of people wanting to buy a unit from you as soon as you have it working.

You'll know. I must warn you though that the Bluetooth Modules (not my end user module - the core modules) themselves are not cheap. The transceiver pairs use rolling code technology with the ability to program them for open connection or not. At present, they are around $60.00 per pair and programmed serially using USB. A couple of years ago, you had to pay over $300.00 for a working pair for development. Steep.

Posted on: January 19, 2013, 09:02:04 PM
Quote:Posted by ArfieBoy
GD, I just got some new hearing aids from the VA.  They have the kind of blue tooth technology you are working on.  They work with me cell phone so I can hear the phone ring through my hearing aids, push a button on the unit, and talk.  Works really well!  I never thought about using that tech with a detector, but I am enthused by your project!  That would work great with us hearing aid users!

I'll have to order a pair to see what it will take to make the marriage of the hearing aid to my module a reality. Does the hearing aid have a microphone or does it use the phone?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,45731.msg248437.html#msg248437

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 01:17:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Man O Man, my ears are all but shot from the 2600 and 2800 signal tones bombing me in the USAF for years.

Sure wakes ya up when 80 or 100 Dbm comes across the old head set.

Put me in a Room and if the phone rings I can hear it fine.

Turn on a Fan in the room and I would never hear the Phone.

They sent me to the Veterinarian twice for that one.

They Say I could hear Normal Voice just fine so NO PROBLEMS.   LOL

I got accused for leaving my post twice because I never answered the Phone that rang in a room full of Humming Fans in Telecoms Equipment.

They ended up putting in a Blinking light for me.

I now have a built in NOTCH filter that has a Cut off starting at about 2000Hz to 4000Hz. 

Best tones on a detector for me is  The Good old Test tone we used around 1004Hz.   I can hear the slightest changes  in tones around there even though I got pounded with it too.

VCO type tones with Volume Weighted by Freq is good too me.

Built me one of these goodies in a Dongle to put between the Head Phone jack and Head Phones and boy does it work for me.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,45731.msg248444.html#msg248444

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

EL - Audio boster.jpg

« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 01:36:12 pm by homefire »
Offline ArfieBoy
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you294

Activity
2%
Male
United States

16031.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Compass X-70; Compass X-200; Compass Coin Scanner Pro II; Whites Coinmaster 2/DB Series 2
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 01:27:22 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
Does the hearing aid have a microphone or does it use the phone?

Through the Blue Tooth tech built into the hearing aids, the unit feeds the signal directly into the hearing aid microphones.  I wear a unit around my neck that takes the signal from the phone and feeds it directly into the HA. Push a button on the unit to activate the HA.  The strap of the unit is a BT antenna.   The unit also has volume control buttons on it.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,45731.msg248446.html#msg248446

ArfieBoy

Government can not give anything to anyone...  without first taking it from someone else!

The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 01:35:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Guys, I moved this block of discussion to the Tech DIY board. Just to keep things more organized.

In a thread like the SA thread, good information is lost forever because the forum gets too big and nobody can find a real pearl in among the peas.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,45731.msg248449.html#msg248449

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2013, 01:43:49 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Smart Move GD!  Thank You.

Do you find a pile of lag in the sounds?

Every time a signal is processed it takes time and it can mess with you.

If your use to it you can figure it out but it still messes with ya.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,45731.msg248453.html#msg248453

The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2013, 01:48:45 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Yes, Homefire. I mentioned that in an earlier reply. It's the only drawback so far. I'm trying to make my own wireless audio override circuit that will clip the sound directly rather than through the Bluetooth module. Since there's a processor in the module, that's what gives it the delay. Adding another wireless signal is really difficult.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,45731.msg248455.html#msg248455

Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to: