[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline backitup83
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

130.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

XLT x2 ----BH Sharp Shooter 2--Discovery2&1000
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2010, 06:13:21 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thank you John, compared to what I payed for a whites pointer, 3 years ago, the harbor freight one is for lack of better words-a lucky find in deed. Thank you for the welcome aboard,,looking forward to hours and hours on here,,,,
                                                                      Mike
                                                                      Chesapeake va

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9378.msg66046.html#msg66046

Sometimes you just have to ask WWFGD?

Offline adammcfly
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

26.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

BH Landstar
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2010, 07:23:05 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I was interested in the HF mod project. Just to clarify for those of you who have a Harbor Freight store in your neighborhood, don't expect to find their metal detector in the store - you'll likely have to get it on line.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9378.msg69142.html#msg69142

« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 07:32:23 pm by adammcfly »
Offline Silversmith45
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites XLT   Garrett Ace 250   Teknetics 9000
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2010, 01:19:42 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by HiTech

Please Register or Login

Here is a little gem of a unit
that is dirt cheap in price, detects to 2"+, is small and can be modded for improved performance.

Please Register or Login

click here for HF Tools pinpointer probe modifications

I use one and it works well. Just make sure the probe tip is sealed from dirt and moisture entry. Mine has a pointed tip to it for easier probing, than the blunt factory one.

I use a Harbor Freight pinpointer.  I hunted for so long without one, I usually forget that its there.  I coated the tip with liquid tape to seal it.  I use the same on my digger handle too.  I found a small camera case to carry it on my belt since the factory one is a close fit and I spent too much time replacing it.  How did you modify the tip to a pointed style?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9378.msg69865.html#msg69865

Offline crgator
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505; Garrett Pro-Pointer
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2010, 07:31:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by adammcfly
I was interested in the HF mod project. Just to clarify for those of you who have a Harbor Freight store in your neighborhood, don't expect to find their metal detector in the store - you'll likely have to get it on line.

I went to my local (?) HF to get one.  Like you said, they didn't have it in stock.  I didn't feel like ordering it, and just waited a while and went back several weeks later.  Sure enough, they had two of them, so I bought one.  Got home and found there wasn't a battery like it was supposedd to have.  Good thing I picked up a spare 9v.  Then, thinking I got ripped off for a missing battery, I found a mistake.  I thought HF had quoted me $18.44, which sounded about right, and I didn't look at the receipt as I signed it.  Looked closer at home.  Wrong, they quoted me $8.44.  The PP was apparently entered wrong in their computer and it was $5.97.  Had I noticed the error at the store, I would have mentioned it, and probably would end up paying full price.  But, since my local HF is 25 miles away, I'm not driving back.

But for sure, even if it's not the best PP ever, for $6 plus tax, I sure can't beat this one.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9378.msg72366.html#msg72366

Offline pastfinder
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

105.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

DFX,Tesoro Stingray 2, Periscope Pinpointer
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2010, 01:22:04 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Here is my pinpointer. While not a homemade one, I have had it since 2000 and replaced the switch once. (a 9 pinner) It was a real challenge but I would not detect without it. It has a 14" probe rod and a titanium tip. It is a PI and the probe rod can be pushed into the ground before digging if you choose. other than the fix I mentioned, it is a rugged machine. A bit weighty but very accurate and reduces recovery time to mere seconds for surface items to maybe a minute for deeper items. It has paid for itself at least 3x over.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9378.msg73251.html#msg73251

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

PICT0268.jpg
PICT0269.jpg

I am in the process of creating a small booklet of research and hunting tips for a small fee. Please watch this space for updates. Thanks for looking and/or responding to my posts

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: