[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium
Referrals: 0

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2009, 03:11:47 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Grin Grin Sorry but I did think that it was funny I must say that snow looks dam good on a post cards and I do miss having a white Christmas. Over here it dose not feel like Christmas with all that heat. And I also like a good old log fire  Kiss .See you to could tease me  Cool only thing is when you got to go out at night to get more fire wood man now thats cold.

Have a nice one for me

Best regards
Xavier

By the way GD do you have snow in Australia like in the Mountains I seem to remember a film made in Australia cant remember the name of it but I'm sure that there was snow.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8129.msg59679.html#msg59679

Xavier

So many questions so little time

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2009, 03:13:11 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by xavier
Grin Grin Sorry but I did think that it was funny I must say that snow looks dam good on a post cards and I do miss having a white Christmas. Over here it dose not feel like Christmas with all that heat. And I also like a good old log fire  Kiss .See you to could tease me  Cool only thing is when you got to go out at night to get more fire wood man now thats cold.

Have a nice one for me

Best regards
Xavier

I'm originally from the northern climates in the USA and miss the white Christmas, too. When I first got here, I was informed that the ideal and traditional Christmas dinner in Australia is stuffed roast chicken and Champagne on the beach.

Mostly we stay indoors on days that are over 40C and count our blessings for air conditioning. One year, though, I did put on a wetsuit and went diving with my detector. Fun times and much cooler than in the air.

Goldigger says he has 4 feet of snow at the moment. We could use some of that down here.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8129.msg59681.html#msg59681

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2009, 03:59:30 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi GD

Yes we have a water shortage at the moment so we could do with some too what UW detector do you have? I use to dive on the west coast for diamonds but I stopped about 15 - 20 years ago I was just not making a living but some guys did very well over there. Lots of Johnny?s thought in the land down under. I don?t like them much but I must say that I never had a problem with them either. My next project will be UW detector in fact it will be the same one that I am building now just that it will have a water proof housing.

Regards Xavier 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8129.msg59688.html#msg59688

Xavier

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2009, 04:31:18 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I have a Garrett Sea Hunter PI machine. I use it now for shallow water snorkeling. I am designing an electric dredge for it that uses the 14.4 volt battery packs from portable tools to drive a 12 volt bilge pump. That pump sends high pressure water into a Venturi pump of my own design which sucks up the sand and targets from below the coil. The water, target and sand then go to a collection basket where it is filtered. When complete, I will post all details here.

Electric means relatively silent but it is similar in function to the gas powered ones that are out there. There was a post here on these forums to a link showing the operation of one. Fascinating.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8129.msg59694.html#msg59694

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2009, 05:37:29 pm »
Go Up Go Down

How deep will it go? if you go more than 10m you just need a pipe with of 4in D with a nozzle at the end onto witch you fit your air pipe that will suck up all the sand and whatever is down there but the deeper you go the better the suction is it?s a simple process the air that you feed thought you nozzle is compressed air and as the bubbles come up to the surface they expand and create the suction so at less than 10m it will not work or work poorly 10m is the limit it?s advantage is that it?s a very cheap method of suction and the deeper you go the more it will work for you we had a diver killed like that he got suck up and blue his lung out (not nice)

Best regards  Coffee
Xavier

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8129.msg59699.html#msg59699

Xavier

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2009, 08:24:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Xavier, the Venturi pump using water is 25 or more times more able to move volume than the air jet. The air jet moves water faster but the water Venturi is stronger. I have designed it to be used standing up to shoulder deep in water. The entire unit, with the coil mounted to the end, is about 7 foot tall.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8129.msg59711.html#msg59711

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #66 on: November 23, 2009, 03:25:07 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi GD

I was looking for a photo to post but I can?t find it. I lost a lot of photos when my PC crashed a few months ago pity but that?s life any how it could not work for your application but I thought that it would be of interest to you I will see if I can find the original.

Best regards
Xavier

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8129.msg59741.html#msg59741

Xavier

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #67 on: November 23, 2009, 04:46:23 am »
Go Up Go Down

Xavier, I hate it when that happens. Don't PCs know how inconvenient they can be when they crash?

I left something out of my last post. My unit is being built for wading use up to shoulder deep, not for diving. It will be waterproof but not for depth. When you asked about depth, for some reason I was thinking how deep will it suck up the sand.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8129.msg59747.html#msg59747

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #68 on: November 23, 2009, 07:13:16 am »
Go Up Go Down

Grin Well GD I do the same I think of one thing a say another but I?m told that only great mind?s do that I take it that you will be using your ventury pump for gold excavation? Ho yes I love to hate my PC as it tends to do the things that it should not just at the wrong(right) time like I need to do a backup as I have not done one in the last 6 months it about the time that it will play up just be for I actually do that backup. I'm still looking for those dam photos Angry

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8129.msg59754.html#msg59754

Xavier

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2009, 07:44:17 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Goldigger

I had a look at your area on google man looks like you live in the middle of nowhere Shocked and I forgot about that snow he he Grin we are going into summer now getting nice and hot.   Kiss

Yes, in my home-town, 47 miles north, we had a saying that Fort St. John was the a--h--e of the world. Here, we are in the edge of the foothills of the Rockies and it is about 70 miles to the Pine Pass, the real mountains. but if we go southwest, it is only about 30 miles to mountains. It is about 750 miles to Vancouver, 455 miles to Edmonton Alberta and 635 miles to Whitehorse, Yukon.

If you want to see "nowhere," look at the Kemess mine area and the mountains around it! Thar be gold thar! I can give you  lat/lon, later.

goldigger
Grin Well GD I do the same I think of one thing a say another but I?m told that only great mind?s do that I take it that you will be using your ventury pump for gold excavation? Ho yes I love to hate my PC as it tends to do the things that it should not just at the wrong(right) time like I need to do a backup as I have not done one in the last 6 months it about the time that it will play up just be for I actually do that backup. I'm still looking for those dam photos Angry

I put my photos off on a thumb drive, this way they do not mysteriously disappear..... anymore.

I had trouble with the last post because the system said I had already posted it! Sometimes this system plays little tricks, too.

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8129.msg60238.html#msg60238

goldigger

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up
Jump to: