[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2009, 12:19:49 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by goldigger
I had trouble with the last post because the system said I had already posted it! Sometimes this system plays little tricks, too.

goldigger

When that happens, use your browser "Back" button and then use the forum "Preview" feature. Saving it that way gets rid of the problem.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8129.msg60268.html#msg60268

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium
Referrals: 0

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2009, 02:54:53 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Goldigger

I build an adapter for my DVM (inductor)and it works fine I also found a diagram of a frequency counter that I would like to adapt to the adapter for the DVM however I could not get the led display and I was wondering if I could adapt an  LMB 162A display with an ICL7106 CPLZ driver in fact it was given to me at the shop where I get my parts they ordered some for a school and I guess that they had some to many so they gave me one display with a driver and I really would like to find a use for it ho yes it is dual line display. Here is the link to the site where I got the frequency meter diagram.

Please Register or Login

http://www.apogeekits.com/frequency_counter.htm
I think that you will like that.

Best regards
Xavier

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8129.msg60521.html#msg60521

Xavier

So many questions so little time

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2009, 04:11:45 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by xavier
Hi Goldigger

I build an adapter for my DVM (inductor)and it works fine I also found a diagram of a frequency counter that I would like to adapt to the adapter for the DVM however I could not get the led display and I was wondering if I could adapt an  LMB 162A display with an ICL7106 CPLZ driver in fact it was given to me at the shop where I get my parts they ordered some for a school and I guess that they had some to many so they gave me one display with a driver and I really would like to find a use for it ho yes it is dual line display. Here is the link to the site where I got the frequency meter diagram.

Best regards
Xavier

This is getting outside of the topic subject by quite a bit. Don't take this the wrong way, Xavier, but if you start a new topic about tools needed to build a detector your posts won't get lost in the midst of a seemingly unrelated area. You may certainly keep the discussion here about LCM meters as it is on topic but a new topic will get it more focused attention.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8129.msg60584.html#msg60584

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2009, 04:21:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Point taken thanks GD

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8129.msg60585.html#msg60585

Xavier

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2009, 04:26:32 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Point taken thanks GD

Even better still, you get more points for starting a new topic! How cool is that?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8129.msg60586.html#msg60586

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2009, 03:02:41 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi GD

I don?t really care about the points I?m on this forum to learn and to help others where ever I can with information as correct as possible and my goal at the moment is to crack the coil secret there is so little information about coils for MD on the net strange don?t you think? The thing is that if you want a good MD you need good coils and I think that there is too much emphasis on the electronics and very little on coils.

Best regards
Xavier

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8129.msg60648.html#msg60648

Xavier

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2009, 04:42:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Xavier, there are some really good books in this world on coils and electromagnetic devices. Start with the ARRL Antenna Handbook, available second hand the world over. That book contains everything you need to know about coils used as antennae including how to develop a Smith Chart from measured field strength readings. After all, a coil is nothing more than a transmitting and receiving antenna. Do you know where a metal detector coil's strongest field is? The weakest?

The answer may shock you but the strongest Tx field is around the edge of the coil. The weakest is above and below the coil. The shape of the field is like a donut around the coil, not a round sphere like the cartoon drawings show you in the metal detector theory pages that you find around the web. A good coil will have the addition of a Faraday shield around the edges to minimize the field generation around the edge which also has the ability to sort of focus the field a bit more towards the area above and below the coil.

I'm not trying to tip over any sacred cows here, mate, but the real answers will be in the book I recommended to you. Order one or go to your library. They are in the Amateur Radio section in the library and can be purchased at any local shop that sells radios.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8129.msg60720.html#msg60720

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #77 on: November 30, 2009, 07:58:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi GD

I don?t really care about the points I?m on this forum to learn and to help others where ever I can with information as correct as possible and my goal at the moment is to crack the coil secret there is so little information about coils for MD on the net strange don?t you think? The thing is that if you want a good MD you need good coils and I think that there is too much emphasis on the electronics and very little on coils.

Best regards
Xavier

If this is about the Bone Head that tried to Force his way on the forum, Don't worry about it.

Wanting to learn and build is one thing.  Smacking people in the face on the way in is another.

We Are A Team!   

You learn a whole lot more by hearing then you do by Yealling!

I'm as broke as can be,(NO Job in the Past Year)  but if you PM me and I have the old parts I will find a way to send them.

This is What We Are About!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8129.msg60745.html#msg60745

« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 08:01:17 pm by homefire »
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #78 on: November 30, 2009, 09:34:02 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Homefire, I was pretty eager to get my 15 when I first got here but I've been on many forums and did it the hard way. Being conversational, even in a limited way, is far better than just running around putting an emoticon on to 15 topics.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8129.msg60752.html#msg60752

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2009, 09:22:16 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Home fireHi GD

I have been un employed for the past three^$#%$##@ years and I for one know the meaning of you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours trust me I feel like a professional $$^* hobo when I think of it what the hell was the point of becoming professional?
And to top all of that over here you can?t do any prospecting if you don?t have a license and to get that you need a business and to have that you need money but if you have money what the hell do you want to do with a license.

@GD

Thanks GD I will see to get that book like you said there is a lot of miss leading info on coils I found that out quick enough the thing is the better the coil the better the detector not SO?

Best regards to you all

Xavier
PS I don?t have any intention of smacking any one in the face.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8129.msg60787.html#msg60787

Xavier

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up
Jump to: