[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States
Referrals: 0

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2009, 04:45:37 am »
Go Up Go Down

Welcome to our forum! That's a pretty interesting Mod! Did you design it yourself? I'm sure everybody here would lobe to learn more about it.

Best wishes,

Christian

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2797.msg40731.html#msg40731

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline RomanFilatov
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Russian Federation

10.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher cz5
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2009, 05:05:38 am »
Go Up Go Down

Yes, it is my own design, and soft. After test on ground i post more info Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2797.msg40733.html#msg40733

Offline Mike In2mud
Bronze Member

My Motto:- Simplest is Best.
Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

745.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab Safari     Garrett Ace 250,       Garrett Pro Pointer       "The Homer" (Home Built Model)
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2009, 06:13:38 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi to every owner of a Garrett Ace 250,
I have made an important discovery, which will significantly improve the depth you can find metal and we've all been doing it without realising it.
Whatever you have found normally can always be pinpointed. Therefore when you use the 'Pinpoint Button' it always penetrates deeper than in 'Normal Mode'.

Ideally fitting an over-ride switch to the pinpoint button is the answer, but I can see no practical way of doing so, as its all sealed in under plastic.

If you can find a way to hold the 'Pinpoint Button' down, then you can run your detector in 'All Metal' (Pinpoint Mode) all the time. Reverting back to normal use by releasing the button.

The only other thing you need to do is to fit a volume control to your headphones, because the 'pinpointing noise' would be deafening all the time.
Some may say, "but I have already got an 'All Metal Mode' on my detector".
Yes, that is true, but that mode is only telling you that you are searching for 'all metals' and not discriminating (notching) any out.
I made this discovery when I was comparing the Ace 250 to the new detector I have built.
My experiment was to find out if my newly built detector would find metal deeper than the Ace 250. I tried a patch of lawn in my garden approx. 3M x 4M and in this I found 29 objects with the Ace 250 I then tried out my new detector and found 5 more objects.
(I couldn't dig them as I am banned from digging holes in the lawn).
I went back to my Ace 250 again and couldn't find them; I then tried the pinpoint button and easily found the items.
I think this test proves the greater depth available beyond doubt.
The 'pinpointing button' when pressed draws the same current as the normal mode.

ps:- I tried this test with my larger ?Pro 12" Coil ? and this found less objects than with the standard coil. I didn't think at the time to try the 'pinpoint mode' with this coil.

So to anyone who has an Ace 250 detector it could be worth a try.

Good hunting Mike.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2797.msg46907.html#msg46907

Offline Eugene52Topic starter
M.D. Electronic Builders Club
Gold Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

M.D. Electronic Builders Club
Thank you398

Activity
0%
Male
United States

17957.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Teknetics , Fisher , Discovery3300 and TIANXUN 19 kHz VLF Metal Detector
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2009, 10:50:36 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by RomanFilatov
Yes, it is my own design, and soft. After test on ground i post more info Smiley

Hello RomanFilatov . Looking forward to you coming back on our Forum and posting your Field Test Report !!
Best of Luck........Eugene

1094-5235

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2797.msg48534.html#msg48534

Let's Talk Treasure right here on Thunting.com

Offline beyabicim
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

30.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

elsan digital
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2009, 03:55:19 am »
Go Up Go Down

I will give you some ideas to improve the depth of your detector:
1- To increase the tx power:  (if there is enough place in detector box -  with extra batteries) increase the voltage of the oscillator output transistor within safety limits; or if possible make a ferrite transformer before tx coil to increase voltage on it; or apply the oscillator output to a fraction (let's say at the middle point) of the tx coil to form a autotransformer in there to increase tx output.
2- To increase the rx amplification increase the the feedback resistor at the first preamplifier in the limits of stability.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2797.msg49004.html#msg49004

Offline gizmo
Bronze Member

Tesoro Silver umax
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

780.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

jetco mustang & tesoro silver umax
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2010, 12:11:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Sad will it work with a bfo detector? interested to find out , want to try it on this jetco mustang.......

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2797.msg83462.html#msg83462

Offline Shooter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

155.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher, Tesoro
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2010, 09:42:39 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Making that hip mount for the 1270, but the stock 8" coil has a 3' cable and need a 7' cable. Asked Fisher if they have one or can make one they say it won't work and they don't have any and I asked them if the cable can be lengthened with a splice and they said that wouldn't work to get a new coil w/7' cable. I can't believe it won't work,  they something about the resistance in the wire, I said the 3' and the 7' use the same wire right he said yes, so I said there isn't any problem when I switch between my 8" w/3' cable and my 10.5" with a 7' cable so why cant I make the cable longer, he just said it won't work. So thats what i'm looking for. Know of anything  for the problem? Have 3 extension cables for my Fisher 555-D that I got from them with a Hip mont kit but the ends are diff. Any mods on a fisher 1270?

Making that hip mount for the 1270, but the stock 8" coil has a 3' cable and need a 7' cable. Asked Fisher if they have one or can make one they say it won't work and they don't have any and I asked them if the cable can be lengthened with a splice and they said that wouldn't work to get a new coil w/7' cable. I can't believe it won't work,  they something about the resistance in the wire, I said the 3' and the 7' use the same wire right he said yes, so I said there isn't any problem when I switch between my 8" w/3' cable and my 10.5" with a 7' cable so why cant I make the cable longer, he just said it won't work. So thats what i'm looking for. Know of anything  for the problem? Have 3 extension cables for my Fisher 555-D that I got from them with a Hip mont kit but the ends are diff. Any mods on a fisher 1270?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2797.msg83782.html#msg83782

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4    Go Up
Jump to: