[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline carlrodTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
Portugal
Referrals: 0

305.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

DEEPERS 7 & GARRETT ACE-150
« on: November 03, 2009, 05:38:59 am »
Go Up Go Down

there is someone who specializes Teach in incorporating in the circuit, metal detector (pi) with 2-freq. 600 hz and 1200hz(

ONLY TO THESE TWO)
.has acquired, 450hz, 950 hz.?(500,FREQ.!) is possible? I send to her, e-mail, schema, ok? send your email.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9071.msg56865.html#msg56865

« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 05:47:41 am by carlrod »
Offline Eugene52
M.D. Electronic Builders Club
Gold Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

Thank you398

Activity
0%
Male
United States

17957.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Teknetics , Fisher , Discovery3300 and TIANXUN 19 kHz VLF Metal Detector
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 01:16:44 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by carlrod
there is someone who specializes Teach in incorporating in the circuit, metal detector (pi) with 2-freq. 600 hz and 1200hz(

ONLY TO THESE TWO)
.has acquired, 450hz, 950 hz.?(500,FREQ.!) is possible? I send to her, e-mail, schema, ok? send your email.

Hello . If I understand your question or statement correctly you can use a switch to select between 2 fixed resistance values and [you must have an oscilloscope] to verify and set the potentiometer exactly to 450 or 900 pps . Then turn off power and read the resistance value of each frequency then add a switch, solder each resistor to the switch and then you have just have 2 or 3 wires going to the circuit board instead of the potentiometer or variable resistor . I am sure you can do this . If the oscillator is stable with no drift then you will always know your exact pulse frequency .
HH.......Eugene

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9071.msg57353.html#msg57353

Let's Talk Treasure right here on Thunting.com

Copper Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
Portugal

305.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 04:58:12 am »
Go Up Go Down

hello to everyone, friends of the forum. someone even understood in the scheme (metal detector, PI) to give me the following advice: I have a model detector, which has ,2-frequencies: 600 Hz and 1200 Hz., has a switch on the front, which I can only have one or another frequency (2-positions)
out another model, same manufacturer, which has (multi-frequencias. .. 400 freq., of: 550 Hz, 950 Hz., and has a potentiometer to regulate these 400 freq. I asked, and sorry for my Ingenuino! is possible, I also applied 1-potentiometer in place of the panel, instead of (SWITCH) and connect the same 5-wire connecting ma plate, and so, stick with 600 frequencies, instead of the two, 600e 1200Hz? ?? without changing any components on the board?
might eventually change, with a potentiometer, especially, have, too: From: 550Hz, 950 Hz? thanks for the possible, help
  CARLOS  (PORTUGAL)

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9071.msg58164.html#msg58164

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 05:59:48 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by carlrod
hello to everyone, friends of the forum. someone even understood in the scheme (metal detector, PI) to give me the following advice: I have a model detector, which has ,2-frequencies: 600 Hz and 1200 Hz., has a switch on the front, which I can only have one or another frequency (2-positions)
out another model, same manufacturer, which has (multi-frequencias. .. 400 freq., of: 550 Hz, 950 Hz., and has a potentiometer to regulate these 400 freq. I asked, and sorry for my Ingenuino! is possible, I also applied 1-potentiometer in place of the panel, instead of (SWITCH) and connect the same 5-wire connecting ma plate, and so, stick with 600 frequencies, instead of the two, 600e 1200Hz? ?? without changing any components on the board?
might eventually change, with a potentiometer, especially, have, too: From: 550Hz, 950 Hz? thanks for the possible, help
  CARLOS  (PORTUGAL)

It seems to me, if I understand correctly,  if you replace one of the resistors with a pot, you can have a smooth range of any frequency you want. I would say, make the pot a bit smaller than the biggest resistor, and to keep from going too high, in frequency, put the same value, as the smallest resistor, in series with the pot. It will now go from the smallest value to just over the largest value.

How does that sound to you, am I making sense? I will try it a simpler way: replace the resistor, in one switch position with a pot equal to: largest resistor minus smallest resistor. Place a resistor equal to the smallest, in series with the pot..... it now equals the largest, at maximum, and goes from smallest to the largest.

This way you get the whole  range, BUT, is there an advantage?

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9071.msg58176.html#msg58176

goldigger

Offline Eugene52
Gold Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

Thank you398

Activity
0%
Male
United States

17957.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Teknetics , Fisher , Discovery3300 and TIANXUN 19 kHz VLF Metal Detector
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 09:03:16 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by goldigger
It seems to me, if I understand correctly,  if you replace one of the resistors with a pot, you can have a smooth range of any frequency you want. I would say, make the pot a bit smaller than the biggest resistor, and to keep from going too high, in frequency, put the same value, as the smallest resistor, in series with the pot. It will now go from the smallest value to just over the largest value.

How does that sound to you, am I making sense? I will try it a simpler way: replace the resistor, in one switch position with a pot equal to: largest resistor minus smallest resistor. Place a resistor equal to the smallest, in series with the pot..... it now equals the largest, at maximum, and goes from smallest to the largest.

This way you get the whole  range, BUT, is there an advantage?

goldigger

Hello Goldigger . Your way sounds easier than mine , I think Carlrod does not want to turn a potentiometer , he just simply wants to flip a switch . Another possible idea is have the option of both  fixed and variable frequency ?
Regards............Eugene

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9071.msg58189.html#msg58189

Let's Talk Treasure right here on Thunting.com

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 07:42:50 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Eugene52
Hello Goldigger . Your way sounds easier than mine , I think Carlrod does not want to turn a potentiometer , he just simply wants to flip a switch . Another possible idea is have the option of both  fixed and variable frequency ?
Regards............Eugene

Personally, I would like both options... the only complication I thought of (and decided to ignore it) was that the switch may be switching other circuits, as well (multiple decks). In that case, the pot idea would not work, at all.... ?

No reply yet, and fortunately my Portuguese is very limited.... I do not know how his Spanish is, also.

My Portuguese vocabulary is barely more than 3 words: nome meu and sim.  Grin

Nome meu = Mi nombre es...

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9071.msg58272.html#msg58272

goldigger

Copper Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
Portugal

305.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2009, 04:58:44 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello again. concluding, and even possible, replace, o.SWITCH,the potentiometer, own, and have 400 frequencies? 600 Hz to 1200 Hz, or better: 550Hz, the 950hz? which the potentiometer, indicated for one, and another case? Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9071.msg58302.html#msg58302

« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 05:00:48 am by carlrod »
Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: