[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline KurtisTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

15.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: January 02, 2011, 05:03:03 pm »
Go Up Go Down

My name is Kurtis  I live in Arland aka Garland TX I thought I would introduce myself since it seems this is going to be my new addiction I have allways been hunting for lost items seems I cant walk through a parking lot without scanning it for shiny things now I'm sure the habits just getting worse I can see myself checking all the grass around the lot with my detector I get a lot of ribbing from my friends but Evey now and then I can pick up a diamond or some folding money when they are with me and they tend to shut up I saw a post about Someone having problems using the detector in public seems I have the same problem but after using my machine in a local park and no one called the cops its getting to be less of a problem anyway that's my story so far

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20455.msg135158.html#msg135158

« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 05:05:14 pm by Kurtis, Reason: spelling »
Offline Mudflap
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you92

Activity
0%

United States

9300.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 05:12:13 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Welcome from CT. Sounds like you already have an eye for coin finding!!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20455.msg135160.html#msg135160

Offline Okletsee
A.R.T.
Bronze Member

A.R.T.
Thank you66

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2385.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Gold Bug SE, Tracker IV
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 05:41:25 pm »
Go Up Go Down

You've got tons of public areas to choose from in that area.  Check with your local park officials for permission and save yourself a $200 to $500 fine.  Most Texas cities have their municipal codes on line but they are vague when it comes to parks, unless they outright ban the use of MD, which some places do.  If its not spelled out in their codes word for word, I ask.  I spoke with a park superintendant the other day that was actually a little bit excited for me and said there had been "finds" in his parks before.  Good luck and happy hunting!!!! Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20455.msg135165.html#msg135165

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 06:10:13 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Welcome from New Mexico!

{alt}

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20455.msg135176.html#msg135176
http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo160/berquistj/space1.gif

Offline cuirava
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

620.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

fisher
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 07:38:15 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Welcome from Texas!!!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20455.msg135206.html#msg135206

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 09:28:28 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello and Welcome aboard from Tennessee.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20455.msg135245.html#msg135245

"Keep Digging Its Down There Somewhere" Treasure Hunting, Gold and Coins.

Offline KurtisTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 01:22:56 am »
Go Up Go Down

I have only been in the park close to my house the area is only slightly groomed I cant see any one having a problem unless I start digging holes in the areas that are groomed and the ones I have dug I am very careful to restore the area so if anyone says anything ill just point out the paperwork involved in issuing a ticket and they would see it involved work and they would leave me alone

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20455.msg135267.html#msg135267

Offline Okletsee
A.R.T.
Bronze Member

A.R.T.
Thank you66

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2385.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 11:58:54 am »
Go Up Go Down

I understand completely.  We have a code of ethics which states we always ask before we go on someone elses property, even public property.  The reason being that if we don't ask and get caught, we run the risk of making the owner/parks people, mad at ALL MD folks, and they ban us altogether.  So if I don't ask, I spoil it for all those who come after me.  The areas for us to hunt have shrunk over the years due to people forgetting to ask and not covering their holes.  I'm glad to see you are respectful and cover your digs.  I was on a piece of property the other day with permission, and saw where someone had been there before me without permission, and had not covered their holes even.  I covered their holes but I know they are going to keep this up and it is going to ruin it for me because they trespass and are reckless.  This is on old home properties for sale on some downtown sites.  I never really thought about this kinda stuff before either until I started hanging out with other MD's and also read the code of conduct printed on the MD sites.  I wish I could find this guy and get to know him and maybe get him to start asking and covering his digs so we can all keep doing it. 

Also, I have an idea I'll throw out to you and other readers of this post.  Have you ever heard of a individual, or a MD club, offering to LEASE a rich dig site, so they could get on a place and have exclusive rights?  It would be like a hunting lease.  You would only be buying the rights to be on the site for digs, and nothing else.  In other words you would not be renting the property just the right to be on it and MD.
This might get us on private property of old historic sites such as old forts and settlements that have been previously banned.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20455.msg135317.html#msg135317

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2011, 12:35:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Okletsee
I understand completely.  We have a code of ethics which states we always ask before we go on someone elses property, even public property.  The reason being that if we don't ask and get caught, we run the risk of making the owner/parks people, mad at ALL MD folks, and they ban us altogether.  So if I don't ask, I spoil it for all those who come after me.  The areas for us to hunt have shrunk over the years due to people forgetting to ask and not covering their holes.  I'm glad to see you are respectful and cover your digs.  I was on a piece of property the other day with permission, and saw where someone had been there before me without permission, and had not covered their holes even.  I covered their holes but I know they are going to keep this up and it is going to ruin it for me because they trespass and are reckless.  This is on old home properties for sale on some downtown sites.  I never really thought about this kinda stuff before either until I started hanging out with other MD's and also read the code of conduct printed on the MD sites.  I wish I could find this guy and get to know him and maybe get him to start asking and covering his digs so we can all keep doing it. 

Also, I have an idea I'll throw out to you and other readers of this post.  Have you ever heard of a individual, or a MD club, offering to LEASE a rich dig site, so they could get on a place and have exclusive rights?  It would be like a hunting lease.  You would only be buying the rights to be on the site for digs, and nothing else.  In other words you would not be renting the property just the right to be on it and MD.
This might get us on private property of old historic sites such as old forts and settlements that have been previously banned.

Yes I have it almost allways comes with a clause to share the finds also. or at least the ones i have read about do. and a weekly / monthly lease rate, Several people i have talked to about this before have all claimed to have lost money and have gone back to just asking and getting permission.

I have never heard or seen anyone get a lease on historic sites  old forts and settlements,
as those are mostly protected under fed laws already. or state / local ordnance's.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20455.msg135320.html#msg135320

"Keep Digging Its Down There Somewhere" Treasure Hunting, Gold and Coins.

Offline Okletsee
A.R.T.
Bronze Member

A.R.T.
Thank you66

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2385.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2011, 01:23:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I guess if you offered to PAY to hunt it raises a flag and they think your going to find the lost Dutchman mine.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20455.msg135335.html#msg135335

Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.