[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline hungryTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Australia
Referrals: 0

10.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Excalibur 2       E-Trac
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2010, 05:47:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

John, the picture is the bottom ball joint and belt bracket on my hip stick.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10969.msg70545.html#msg70545

Offline treasuremomo
micmomo
Bronze Member

micmomo
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1990.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

I'VE USED MANY BRANDS AND MODELS-TESORO, WHITES,GARRETT,FISHER,NAUTILUS,D-TEX,WILSON NEUMAN,ETC.
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2010, 11:05:06 pm »
Go Up Go Down

hungry, good luck with the new hips Great...I'm going into hospital friday to have two hernias repaired and I don't think I'll be doing any detecting for a bit...they are in the ol' groin area and that puts a damper on things for a little while. Good luck with your Excalibur...I've used one of the first type excaliburs with a horseshoe shaped coil and wasn't used to the pinpointing with the DD type coil because it read all across coil. I've used a Sovereign and it isn't so hard to pinpoint once you use it a while. I like your homemade tools...I've made hand scoops of PVC, did a modification on a sharpshooter shovel that works great and makes it so you don't have to bend over to retrieve or dig up targets, and did a simple mod on a digging trowel that made it way more comfy on the ol' hands while you dig. I've also made floating sifters for water hunting and have made a two piece handle out of the one piece handle on a water hunting scoop. I also have made my own aprons with keeper side and discard side. I am naturally an inventive and creative fellow-ha! I always appreciate seeing creative folk's homemade detecting tools. COOL!!!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10969.msg70613.html#msg70613

« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 11:23:39 pm by treasuremomo »
Offline gambol1
Silver Member

At first we were all hunters
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

4800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett 150, 250,Fisher F75S, Tesoro sand shark
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2010, 06:52:41 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hungry, Here is a "stand up plugger"  I made it so I don't have to bend over so much. It is in two parts making it easier to carry. The plug cutter was was cut from a propane cylinder. the handle has a hook on it that you  hook a hole in the top of it. The handle is a car antenna. You drop the plug cutter on the ground near the location and center it with the handle. then You step on the plug cutter and mash it into the ground. It is retrieved with the hooked end of the handle. I dump the contents in a bag and use a small probe to find the metal. It works well for coin shooting in grass when the ground is damp. I'm I need a longer plug cutter though. This one pulls out a 3" deep plug and I need one that will go down 5".

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10969.msg70932.html#msg70932

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

plug cutter.jpg

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.