[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline TheBryantFamilyChronicles
Knight
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

210.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

DMT, LLC Radar
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2011, 10:05:54 am »
Go Up Go DownBest Answer

Welcome from Virginia!

I did some checking and could only find references in Quezon City to tunnels.  I couldn't find anything in Lucena to do with tunnels, but that was a limited search.  But the city's orginal name was Cotta, which means strong fort.  If a fort or forts were built, they could have had subterranian chambers.  These type of chambers could have been grown over in time.

I also did a small amount of checking on multispectral databases.  Multispectral and hyperspectral imaging can detect below ground (and water) structures.  Tunnels can be detected using this technology  -- especially tunnel entrances (even those not visible by eye).   There are a number of such satellites over Earth now.    It would take you a lot of time to find and then evaluate these images.  Some providers require you to purchase the image.   But it might be worth a shot to check these.

I am toying writing a post here on how to make a "poor-man's" GPR from off-the-shelf hardware.   I'm a radar guy and I have built many radar systems.  If I get some time, I'll do this.   

Anyway, good luck on the searches and welcome aboard.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27375.msg194813.html#msg194813

Offline bolero
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Canada
Referrals: 0

5.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2011, 11:54:27 pm »
Go Up Go DownBest Answer

Hi Peter, my mom came from Lucena (Isabang) and my sister still lives there and own a coconut plantation. I was born and grew up in Valenzuela. I don't know much about Lucena and only lived there for a year. My stupid cousin wants to dig up our house in Lucena because somebody told him that there's a treasure underneath. We didn't believed him and told him to take a hike, this happened in the late 80's. We don't own that property anymore. I'll ask my sister if she knows anything about  old Japanese encampment in the area. i'm tempted to buy some   property over there which my relatives were selling before. Anyway maybe next time if there's any historical significance or possible hidden loot.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27375.msg195015.html#msg195015

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.