[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline ThorgathTopic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Australia
Referrals: 0

0.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Goldseeker 3D 9000
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 11:41:03 pm »
Go Up Go Down

the tin cans among the rubbish dump allowed me to find the bottles it was one of those things where I was digging without knowing what the sound was ... I suppose if I knew what I was doing I would have dismissed the sound as rusty iron and missed out .

Posted on: October 19, 2010, 12:20:31 AM
it was the rusty tin cans and screw on tops, that and inexperience that allowed me to find the bottles ...... even found a blue glass bottle and a glass syringe not to mention an old bottle with lung healer on the side, but yesterdays effort had me confused as I found an area full quartz with veins of ironstone in it and sandstone around it which drove me crazy with constant pinging. any Ideas how to tune this out ? and where do I go to research the bottles I am as green as can be at this .....lol.....but am having a ball ......oh and the missus found an old axehead made out of folded iron with a forge welded eye and cutting edge .....very interesting ....thanks for the help people and happy hunting ....

Posted on: October 19, 2010, 12:32:43 AM
Thanks G D you were spot on with the minelabs advise just checked their site and they were the makers of goldseeker metal detectors however there is no mention of my model there I think it from noah's ark and the archives don't go back that far BUGGER !!!!! At least I have a start on where to start now Taa Mate  Smiley

Posted on: October 19, 2010, 12:37:54 AM
Just building my posts up to gain full membership .....lol....... I have been offered advice from you guys and appreciate it so I will make an offer of my own, I am a blacksmith and can help identify old iron items found if anyone needs help ......Marty

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18436.msg121506.html#msg121506

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2010, 12:04:37 am »
Go Up Go Down

Good thing to know Marty Blacksmith I'm sure that you'll get many queries. You have found out one of what I think is the most important part of detecting if it beeps dig like you said your self had you not dug you would have missed out on them bottles. There are some members that do extensive bottle collecting   if you go to Bottles, Glass and Ceramics message board you will find all the information that you need.

Regards Xavier

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18436.msg121510.html#msg121510

Xavier

So many questions so little time

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2010, 02:53:25 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Thorgath
Thanks G D you were spot on with the minelabs advise just checked their site and they were the makers of goldseeker metal detectors however there is no mention of my model there I think it from noah's ark and the archives don't go back that far BUGGER !!!!! At least I have a start on where to start now Taa Mate  Smiley

Posted on: October 19, 2010, 12:37:54 AM
Just building my posts up to gain full membership .....lol....... I have been offered advice from you guys and appreciate it so I will make an offer of my own, I am a blacksmith and can help identify old iron items found if anyone needs help ......Marty

If memory serves me right, the first two models were Goldseeker manufactured and the last one, the Goldseeker (whatever it was) became MineLab's first detector model. They went on from there. Full circle, I think. MineLab was bought out about 2 years ago. You won't find anyone there who will remember your model.

Do us a favor and photograph the control box. Perhaps it will stir some memories in somebody or some of the old timers here can figure out what each control does.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18436.msg121529.html#msg121529

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline goldman34
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

0.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

goldbug 2
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2010, 07:49:04 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Welcome from the mtns , of north carolina

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18436.msg121669.html#msg121669

Offline cuirava
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

620.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

fisher
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2010, 08:16:48 pm »
Go Up Go Down

welcome and good luck, happy hunting cuirava from tx

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18436.msg121675.html#msg121675

Offline ThorgathTopic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Australia

0.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Goldseeker 3D 9000
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2010, 03:18:56 am »
Go Up Go Down

G'day all had some interesting reading on my metal detector and now have a faint Idea how to use it have found many old iron horse shoes and tools but no gold yet. but it has led me to more tip sites where I found an old stevedores pocket knife and hope to find some more bottles it has a promising look about it as we have found fragments of amethyst, black, green and blue glass surfacing due to heavy rain, I would like to know if ants are a common thing to find while digging old dump sites, or am I stupidly digging ant hills? and luckily finding bottles ! Any info on recovering old bottles would be greatly appreciated, Once I get them bottles clean I'll post the pics of our latest dig. Happy treasure hunting. Marty

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18436.msg126041.html#msg126041

Offline jamjars
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
New Zealand

1050.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Treasure Ace 100, Garrett Treasure Ace 300 (under review) Cheapy chinese thing (your's for $5), Fisher VLF551d (currently in peices)
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2010, 05:20:11 am »
Go Up Go Down

G'day from across the ditch.
sounds like you're having a good time there.

cheers,
JJ

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18436.msg126047.html#msg126047

Living in shaky town, where the earth will move for you too {alt}

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.