[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline japanese
Bronze Member

Thank you55

Activity
0%

Egypt
Referrals: 0

1625.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

GARY PI
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2012, 08:42:25 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi viswanathmarachi

-when you touched the  soldering part  this is must not and non-scientific because you are dealing with  c mos Technology ----- I Answer , the touch soldering part when you  in the audio output   area  is normal .

-  use the measuring device for measuring volts in the Points, such as+E,-E,+12V,REF,pin 8 of lm555  And so on ---

-Complete your work step by step and you will reach for the work completed and will work

-check value C1,C2,C3,,R1,R2,R3,R4,R5,R6,T2,T3,T9,DA6=TLO62(not TL061 a mistake in Write)
-READ Reply #3

-And will succeed

best time

j.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36323.msg224216.html#msg224216

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2012, 06:28:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by viswanathmarachi
I sincerely apologize if it was painful.

LoL

It wasn't YOUR post that was painful. It's painful watching the bad advice you are getting here. Don't waste another minute changing out parts or reading about that before you verify ever single part against the schematic. Do not verify them against the parts placement diagram. Sometimes images get mixed up in projects and you are looking at the board and parts layout from a different revision from the schematic. Use the schematic and verify even the copper traces. Measure them with your multimeter to be sure they have continuity. If not, there may be a microscopic cut in the copper trace. This can easily happen in new construction.

Like I have said before, this is going to take a long time because I am not with you, looking over your shoulder. Also, without proper test equipment, there is going to be some guesswork. But first, verify every part is correct and that they are connected exactly as the schematic says they should be.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36323.msg224251.html#msg224251

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline viswanathmarachiTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

175.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2012, 02:11:15 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi GD,

I have used 4k7 5% tolerance resistors instead of 0.1%.  How much this could be the reason for my current error??

I have tried to compare the PCB with the schematic with my poor electronics knowledge (it was very tough and confusing... may be I will learn it by practice).  I have felt that the transistor BC547 and BC557 (IC555) are inverted in the PCB and tried to change it respectively and there was absolutely no improvement....... Cry  .... was this a right move...

I feel that there is very important secret that only the successful DP makers knows... and  poor knowledge guys like me will take lots of time to understand and some people might even drop the idea of making it..

-Viswanath

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36323.msg224838.html#msg224838

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2012, 05:28:21 am »
Go Up Go Down

I have tried to compare the PCB with the schematic with my poor electronics knowledge (it was very tough and confusing... may be I will learn it by practice).  I have felt that the transistor BC547 and BC557 (IC555) are inverted in the PCB and tried to change it respectively and there was absolutely no improvement....... Cry  .... was this a right move...

Quite likely that was the initial problem along with the reversed diode you also corrected. The diode is pretty rugged and is probably all right but rather than reverse the transistors, you should replace them. They're not as hardy as a diode is. They may have been affected by the reversal in a bad way. I'd replace both of them after downloading the spec sheets for each to be sure they are oriented right.

Your profile indicates that you are in the US but your e-mail tells me you are in India. What is your location?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36323.msg224848.html#msg224848

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

175.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2012, 07:28:12 am »
Go Up Go Down

Replacing the transistors is not a problem I could do that... thank you for that great advice....  Was I correct while reversing the transistors or is it a bad idea?Huh? please tell..

Yeah i am from India...I saw so many indian guys keeping other countries in their profile here... I thought I would also give a try thinking that there might be a reason...

Regards
Viswanath M

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36323.msg224856.html#msg224856

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2012, 07:34:06 am »
Go Up Go Down

Replacing the transistors is not a problem I could do that... thank you for that great advice....  Was I correct while reversing the transistors or is it a bad idea?Huh? please tell..

Replace but be sure to use the spec sheet to be sure you have them oriented correctly.

Posted on: June 06, 2012, 03:32:40 PM
Yeah i am from India...I saw so many indian guys keeping other countries in their profile here... I thought I would also give a try thinking that there might be a reason...

I asked because I was going to suggest that you mail it to me for troubleshooting but that's impractical with the high cost of postage from India.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36323.msg224858.html#msg224858

Let's Talk Treasure!

Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

175.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2012, 11:28:11 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi GD,

It would have been great if I was from US.  As there is a lot of great help to my project from you and this site.. I would try to fix it my self and keep you posted on my progress.

-Viswanath M

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36323.msg224863.html#msg224863

Offline japanese
Bronze Member

Thank you55

Activity
0%

Egypt

1625.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

GARY PI
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2012, 11:31:08 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
It's painful watching the bad advice you are getting here

explain your situation --------- because it seem -------

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36323.msg224864.html#msg224864

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2012, 06:48:22 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by japanese
Quote:         Posted by GoldDigger1950         
   It's painful watching the bad advice you are getting here   

explain your situation --------- because it seem -------

Because you give bad advice here that has those who don't understand electronics doing bad things to circuits that already don't work. You advise people to make substitutes that do not work. You advise them to modify circuits rather than get the basic circuit working first. That's very bad to do to those who are not knowledgeable in electronics. Your advice does nothing but make things worse. Except for spotting that reversed diode, your advice in this thread has been harmful.

Sorry, but that's the bare naked truth here.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36323.msg225115.html#msg225115

« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 06:51:08 am by GoldDigger1950 »

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline japanese
Bronze Member

Thank you55

Activity
0%

Egypt

1625.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

GARY PI
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2012, 07:07:50 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thank you  GD  --- and I'll leave the response from all members of the ruling -------- it seems -----I will stop myself from responding so apologize-------

best time

j.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36323.msg225118.html#msg225118

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Jump to: