[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Florida Keys Pirate
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

460.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2011, 01:50:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Fair trial ? Why , so he can be sentenced to a Federal prison for the rest of his life. There he'd relax and watch DirecTV as he sucked up some ice cold AC. In between some challenging games of chess and dominoes of coarse. Not to mention plan his next attack on America. I work for Federal Bureau of Prisons . And , can tell you it's a joke. Not punishment. I say he got a quick and painless death. Which is much better than what he deserved. The Seal that took the shot , is my new biggest hero !

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23345.msg168177.html#msg168177

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2011, 02:01:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Ther eis however one essential thing that I do not understand about the killing of bin Laden. Let's assume prisoners in Guantanmo Bay got tortuered or let's say querstioned in order to obtain valueable information ... then wouldn't it have been good to caputure bin Laden alive in order to gain more information from him?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23345.msg168182.html#msg168182

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2011, 02:04:53 pm »
Go Up Go Down

If he had been taken alive , then we would have had to deal with kidnap scenarios ransom etc, for his release.
had he been buried over there his burial site would have become a shrine to him and people who think like him.
I believe the correct thing was accomplished.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23345.msg168183.html#msg168183

"Keep Digging Its Down There Somewhere" Treasure Hunting, Gold and Coins.

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2011, 02:06:16 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I Hear they took his hard drive from his computer, thats the good thing about these things

You only gotta punch a computer once to get anything out of it Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23345.msg168184.html#msg168184

Offline bigwater
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

5870.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's GMT
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2011, 02:10:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Florida Keys Pirate
Fair trial ? Why , so he can be sentenced to a Federal prison for the rest of his life. There he'd relax and watch DirecTV as he sucked up some ice cold AC. In between some challenging games of chess and dominoes of coarse. Not to mention plan his next attack on America. I work for Federal Bureau of Prisons . And , can tell you it's a joke. Not punishment. I say he got a quick and painless death. Which is much better than what he deserved. The Seal that took the shot , is my new biggest hero !
Exactly... instant death was much better than he deserved.  He deserved to be pent up like an animal waiting for and worrying about the trial that would ultimately sentence him to death... just like Saddam Hussein had to deal with.  The world court didn't sentence Saddam to life in a federal prison... they ordered him hung to death.  The mental anguish Osama would have suffered from a few months in jail knowing what he was facing, standing on that platform as the rope was placed around his neck, and feeling the floor drop out from under him would have been a much more satisfying punishment to me than a quick death with a bullet through his forehead ten seconds after he was apprehended.  Sure we save a few bucks on incarceration... but we get the satisfaction of knowing that he's suffering, just as so many people have suffered at his hand.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23345.msg168189.html#msg168189

« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 02:12:28 pm by bigwater »

Anybody who says "it can't be done" will usually be interrupted by somebody who is already doing it.

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
75%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2011, 02:22:21 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I wasn't there and I haven't seen the video or even listened very closely to the audio, but I'd be surprised if Obama tried to surrender as Saddam did.   If he tried to surrender and they shot him, that's one thing.   If he resisted in any way it's another thing altogether.
   From a historic perspective, he had more of a chance than Yamamoto had during World War II or than al-Qaeda's victims aboard the USS Cole, or the 9-11 victims, or the Madrid victims, or the London bombing victims, or the victims in Mumbai, or the victims in Algiers, etc, etc......

Posted on: May 03, 2011, 02:18:31 PM
Quote:Posted by bigwater
The world court didn't sentence Saddam to life in a federal prison... they ordered him hung to death.

That was NOT the world court....that was an Iraqi Court passing judgement in the name of the Iraqi people not in the name of the people of the world.

As for Osama, no matter where the trial was held or what body/authority conducted it under what set of laws, there would be a very substantial portion of the world population that would rightly claim it was not a fair trial---no matter what the outcome.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23345.msg168195.html#msg168195

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2011, 02:24:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I got a good idea in my head but I can't say here, but it's real ball tearer,

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23345.msg168196.html#msg168196

Offline GoldHound
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

480.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Ace350, AT Pro, Deluxe Pointer and a much older ADS VLF/TR Deepseeker (purchased new in the 70's) - Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 - AutoMax Pin-pointer (which is crap) / soon a GPX 5000 Minelab and Garrett Infinium
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2011, 03:46:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by zul32
My 2c worth - It's nice that we finally got rid of something that's an insult to the human race. Some people feel that killing even one human being is not just, well sorry, but putting a mass-murderer into a prison sapping off the US tax-payers dollars in maximum security compound is a waste of our money which could be better spent on things like reducing the deficit, improving technology, etc, etc.  He was a human piece of garbage, and Clinton should have taken him out when he had the chance.

Yep very true.

I agree with getting ride of them off this planet provided there is no shadow of a doubt of their guilt. We have one over here that killed many innocent people and has been locked up at great expense to us all, for what purpose? He is no good to anyone, has or should of lost all rights and claims to a life here and his a huge drain on us. Why hold on to them till they die of old age...?

Whilst two wrongs don't make a right I wonder how it is that we can kill in war but not peace. War killing to protect us is ok, however peace time killing that would protect us is deemed wrong. We cage these animals up for life very what reason, so we can say how good we are...thats goofy.

I agree with them offing Bin Lardin and wish they had done the same with others like Saddam, I don't believe the show trails that get put on do any good other then give a world stage and provide these oxygen wasters more breathing space to spread more of their evilness. I also think its interesting and very concerning how these types use our own western media to speed their BS around the world.

Why can't this people put down their weapons and get over their issues and take up metal detecting / prospecting and have some fun...?  Smiley Smiley Smiley

Posted on: May 03, 2011, 03:42:05 PM
Quote:Posted by BitburgAggie_7377
   I wasn't there and I haven't seen the video or even listened very closely to the audio, but I'd be surprised if Obama tried to surrender as Saddam did.   If he tried to surrender and they shot him, that's one thing.   If he resisted in any way it's another thing altogether.
   From a historic perspective, he had more of a chance than Yamamoto had during World War II or than al-Qaeda's victims aboard the USS Cole, or the 9-11 victims, or the Madrid victims, or the London bombing victims, or the victims in Mumbai, or the victims in Algiers, etc, etc......

Posted on: May 03, 2011, 02:18:31 PM
That was NOT the world court....that was an Iraqi Court passing judgement in the name of the Iraqi people not in the name of the people of the world.

As for Osama, no matter where the trial was held or what body/authority conducted it under what set of laws, there would be a very substantial portion of the world population that would rightly claim it was not a fair trial---no matter what the outcome.

Did you mean Osama and not Obama....?  :Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23345.msg168219.html#msg168219

"There's Gold in them there Hills, just got to get of your arse and find it..."
Thanks Mr Garrett, love your work...
"A bad day's detecting with the family is better then any the kids would spend watching TV." Me....

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2011, 03:50:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldHound
Why can't this people put down their weapons and get over their issues and take up metal detecting / prospecting and have some fun...?

Bugger metal detecting over there  AP mines everywhere that could be fun Shocked

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23345.msg168221.html#msg168221

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male