[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline jhd
Bronze Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

1205.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Etrac, AT Pro, F75, Propointer, large industrial magnet on a rope.
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2012, 08:32:02 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Sorry Homie, I dont care about California. I was talking about here and now. Didnt mean to hi jack your thread.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36860.msg226859.html#msg226859

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2012, 09:58:50 pm »
Go Up Go Down

It was not you Occassionally I took it of topic and you just followed Sorry Homes

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36860.msg226862.html#msg226862

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline HomefireTopic starter
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2012, 11:12:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I could give a Crap about Cal but there Brain Poison allways seem to make it's way to Arizona ,Here and more.

Like there stupid Car Crap it takes over.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36860.msg226866.html#msg226866

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
70%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2012, 05:38:45 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I haven't read the California rules and regs, but I'd suggest that unless something says you have to turn the recovered mercury over to the state for them to process, you apply for a permit to dredge for and remove mercury.   Any gold recovered, especially as an amalgram is just a byproduct of the mercury recovery operation.   Just make sure your refiner pays you for both the mercury AND the gold.
   Like GD, I agree with Homefire in principle... BUT it's not easy to overturn a bunch of a bad or idiotic (not necessarily the same thing) laws quickly and efficiently--and ignoring a law just because it is stupid is both foolish AND gives the opposition added ammo they don't need.   The best thing to do is to employ some of the same topics they have.   Look for loopholes in the law and exploit them (in a positive and responsible way) when you can AND build a relationship with law-makers at all levels where they look to you as a responsible source of information.   And to be honest, when your talking federal officials you may have a bigger impact and an easier time getting the ear of the congressman or the senator if you can win over the members of his or her staff--starting with the local offices.   Get to know the people there and invite them to go out in the field with you or to be your guest at a local club meeting (where you DON'T announce that they are members of so and so's staff...letting them decide when and if they will let that affiliation be known.)   Our elected officials tend to be dependent on "expert" opinion fed to them and pre-screened by their staff-members (unless it is an area that the official actually has pre-election hands on experience in).   It isn't a quick fix, but it is part of the same slow and steady methodology the other side used to get us where we are now.

BA

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36860.msg227217.html#msg227217

Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2012, 05:54:58 pm »
Go Up Go Down

LOL!   If you entered the same room with mercury in a flask  they would probably charge you with Attempted Murder.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36860.msg227221.html#msg227221

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
70%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2012, 09:27:28 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Of course they would.....it's the same mind-set that mandated that everyone use mercury containing CFL lightbulbs.   Drop one of those in your local Home Depot, and they have to call out the hazmat team, especially if there are pregnant women present.

The points I made still hold.

To get things changed (whether in California or elsewhere) or to keep our states and localities from following California's lead, we have to:
1) stay vigilant ---- know and communicate to others what legislation and regulations are proposed at the local, state, federal (and now global) levels.
2) get involved ---- get to know your representatives at as many different levels of government as you feel comfortable.   Especially get to know their staffs (from experience I can tell you that even the lawmakers that tend to vote against our interests do have staff members we can get to know as people and once we're on good terms with them, we have a better chance of getting our points across) especially if
3) stay polite ---- in all your communications written or oral to and with anyone (no matter how hard that might be).
4) become an educational resource ---- like Occassionally pointed out most of the people charged with enforcing the regulations don't even understand the regulations themselves (heck they've got so many regs they have to enforce, it's hard to keep up with them all especially if you got your degree in biology or fish and wildlife sciences and you're having to rely on a history major to interpret environmental or archeological regulations to you)....when they don't know the answer, most folks will  a) take the safe route (which usually means saying "no"), b) make a call based on gut, or c) ask an "expert" who usually is an interested party from the other side since they don't know any experts from our side.
5) let the rest of us know, both here and at other organizations that are dedicated to protecting our hobby and related hobbies and occupations (see previous posts)

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36860.msg227232.html#msg227232

Offline bubby-joe
Knight
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

190.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

bounty hunter, garrett, rat shack,(retired)cen tech hand held, new tesoro sand shark and ACE250 for the wife
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2012, 01:26:31 am »
Go Up Go Down

I see only one way to settle this, hang them all, resind all there crap laws and start over but make the Government and law makers use there own money and get the h____ out of mine.  If the government wants a share of my gold and detector finds have them send a digger everyone can use a digger no work no pay a broke government would make for more takehome and less BUROUGH CRAPTIK-BOVINE SSSSSSShhhh______t 

My Govt is just as bad run by class "A" moron's on a rapid slide to the bottom trying to justify there pay while waiting for the golden retirement package usually in the millions after they screwwed me and thousands of others out of now multiple pension plans and tell me to live on 742/mo..

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36860.msg230971.html#msg230971

« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 01:38:33 am by bubby-joe »
Offline pops
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

185.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

bounty hunter 202, tosoro silver streak
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2012, 11:21:14 am »
Go Up Go Down

If we get all of the liberal idiots out of washington, and get people with common sense we would be 10,000 times better off. The reason washington is full of Crazy politicians is they do not want a real job in the trenches.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36860.msg230995.html#msg230995

Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2012, 11:37:06 am »
Go Up Go Down

Ok!   Yet another Reason Not to use CFL light Bulbs in your home.

Please Register or Login

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/12/101203-homosexual-birds-mercury-science/

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36860.msg230998.html#msg230998

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2012, 11:38:14 am »
Go Up Go Down

Topic Locked!

Seem we can't have a debate with out a handful of folks wanting to turn it political. If you hate your government  good for you but this is a treasure hunting forum so go bash your government somewhere else.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36860.msg230999.html#msg230999

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.