[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline ChristianTopic starter
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States
Referrals: 0

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« on: February 16, 2009, 06:50:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Here's the place to share it with us! All storytellers are most welcome to entertain us with their stories at this board.

Looking forward to hearing your storries!

Regards,

Christian

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3541.msg24459.html#msg24459

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline hepdalo
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Turkey

30.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 02:40:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

hi everyone
I heard a story about finding tresure and magical protection.
One of my friend told me who listened form the person who lived the event.
They fallow a map and signs. They reach to an old house in which an old man lived at that time.
They told the story to the old man and they worked together. They digged one of the rooms about 1,5 metre and find the shining gold. But they can't touch it because it started to burn. And finally it burnt completely. There was only ash left. It is a real story which happened in Turkey. And there are lots of magically dangerous events and stories here. What do you think about making magic to protect a digged treasure?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3541.msg25576.html#msg25576

« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 02:45:48 pm by hepdalo »
Offline aussie
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

1415.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab GP Extreme  / Bounty Hunter/Minelab ETrac
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 03:56:14 am »
Go Up Go Down

MMM   well Hepdalo, I think you should pass that one on to go in the next Harry Potter movie.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3541.msg28488.html#msg28488

Offline aussie
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

1415.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 04:32:16 am »
Go Up Go Down

I remember years ago when I was a young fella , my dad and I decided to got fossicking for Silver and Agates far up Northern Queensland in a little one pub town called Forsyth .  Dad had a big straight 8 Buick 1948 and we were towing a caravan ( trailer ) we were grossing 4 ton and it was a 4000 mile round trip .
                   On the way we decided to stop in at Rubyvale to look for Saphires , we had heard the a big yellow Saphire was just found there at Duck Creek  so we thought thats where we would head first .   Upon arriving at Rubyvale we asked a few locals where is this Duck Creek and one fellow pointed north and said about 25 mile that way when we went about 25 mile no creek just desert so when we found somebody else along the track we said wheres Duck Creek and he said 50 mile East that way , well after about 5 times going around in circles we concluded the locals were keeping their secret and were just giving us crap . So off we went heading north again.
                    We finaly got to Agate Creek after about a week driving and as we were driving throught the creek which is dry most of the year until rainy season around Christmas time ,Dad snapped a rear axle on the Buick .  Not many spare parts up that way ! anyhow a local mechanic
happened along and said I know where there is and old Buick about 100 miles up the bush wrong model but it might fit ,  well it didnt the axle was 2inches too short  so he lathed a pin and dowel on the ends of the axles welded them up and off we went , and to this day that welded axle is still in that Buick.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3541.msg28489.html#msg28489

Offline Paul A
Silver Member

Thank you7

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

4825.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 01:39:36 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Anyone remember the book "Masquerade" by Kit Williams from about 25 - 30 years ago?
Basically it was a treasure hunting book with a prize, a jewelled "hare", worth ?15000 or so at the time.
Well, I must have worked on that book for nearly 3 years and finally cracked it.
It was buried (no more than 15 miles from where I lived) at Ampthill park at the base of St Catherines cross.
They only way to locate the exact spot was to go there on the autumn solstice at 12 o'clock and the tip of the shadow cast by the statue was the place where it was buried.
It had been buried way beyond the capability of any metal detector to pick it up.
The thing that confused me though was that the author had stated it wasn't buried anywhere that would cause a nuisance or upset anyone.
Base of a Monument? not upset anyone?
Anyway, I decided to leave it until midday on the day in question so's I'd be able to find it without too much fuss as I'd know where to dig.
What happened.......... Someone else dug it up before the time!
I found out years later that the guy who "found it" was a "friend" of the authors girlfriend!
 Angry

Please Register or Login

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masquerade_(book)

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3541.msg28550.html#msg28550

« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 04:41:37 am by Paul A »
Offline hepdalo
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Turkey

30.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 10:11:56 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by aussie
MMM   well Hepdalo, I think you should pass that one on to go in the next Harry Potter movie.

Yot think that it is a story or something for fun.
We are talking about treasures and the people who burried them used everything to protect their wealth.
They made spells, used genie or demon, used different poisons or traps. There are a lot of event happened here which you can't even dream or find in Harry Potter books. But I am not joking.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3541.msg28753.html#msg28753

Offline aussie
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

1415.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 03:45:53 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Sorry Hepdalo  I suppose there are lots of things people do to protect their treasures . I remember a guy who found this valuable Saphire and he always had it in a little bag strung around his neck , never took it off even when he had a shower .

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3541.msg28768.html#msg28768

Offline Bud
Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

240.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab-XT17000/Explorer
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 09:09:39 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I'm not going to divulge exactly where, other than to say the West......Because it is not over.

A year before the Civil War, a Southern Planter left Georgia and headed West. He brought all his possessions, including slaves. There were also friends and family. Four wagons were pulled by mules. The possessions included a 'collection' of guns and gold and silver that was garnered from the sale of a plantation.

As they crossed a mountain on a trail/wagon road into a valley, they were attacked and systematicallly harrassed by Apaches. It was approximately 30 miles from the mountain top to the valley floor on a really rough wagon road. They knew there was an Army fort in the valley.

At about the halfway point, with some killed or wounded, They put a slave on a fast horse and sent for help. As he was leaving, the slave heard the men talking about, if it got bad enough, hiding the extra guns and valuables and making a run for it on horses and unharnessed mules.

The slave made it to the fort and rousted the Soldiers and returned with them. This was nearly a thirty mile round-trip, down a mountain and back up it. As the soldiers approached the wagons they heard sporadic gunfire. When in sight, they saw that the people of the train were aparently dead and the indians were in the proccess of ransacking the wagons. A fight ensued and, the indians being surprised, lost a bunch of men. None of the surving indians made off with any loot, only some mules. Upon inspection, there were NO extra firearms OR valuables found as the slave described them having and swore to. A common grave was dug and all bodies, white and indians, were buried on the spot. Horses were hooked to the wagons and they were pulled down the road.

Now....How did I hear this story? We go back to 1964. We had lived in this little town for many years and it was known my Dad had a metal detector (an old squack-box) and had found stuff with it. There was an old (nineties) man who was a part of the town. We saw him often. One day while we were in a resturant, having breakfast, he sits down at our table and starts to talk to my Dad about a deal. He had been searching for a 'treasure' his whole life. It seems his father was stationed at the nearby Fort and was one of the rescue party. His father went up the mountain many times looking for the hidden cache. He was certain no one had found it. I do not know how we had not heard the story before but I later verified it through Army records.

The deal was made. He would get a fifty-fifty split of what we found. He produced a map that was so old, pieces would break off if you did not handle it carefully. My Dad sent me to our truck for a tablet and a copy was made on the spot.

The Wagon road was so rough and washed out, most of our looking was done on foot. We went up four times. On the third trip we found the grave. The ground is hard, red clay and rock there. My Dad got a reading and I did not dig more than three inches before finding a belt buckle, then bones. We did not dig longer than it took to verify that it was a mass grave before quitting and covering everything up. It still gives me the creeps thinking about it.

The last trip up the mountain we went all the way to the top,....finding nothing. My Dad was over sixty and was pretty bunged-up. I guess he thought the 'treasure' would jump out at him. He just gave up.....though it was certainly a needle in a haystack. You have to see the country.

Now, I am well past sixty and I have had all these years to think about what couldn't happen and what had to have happened to those people in that situation. I have a starting point, halfway up the mountain. I have a stopping point, the grave. The old man and my Dad are long gone,....But I own a new quad. I will go back.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3541.msg28791.html#msg28791

Offline Sue
Gold Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Female
United States

18259.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 10:50:42 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Great thunting story, Bud. I seriously hope you find it - not just for you, but for your dad and the old man, too! 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3541.msg28795.html#msg28795

Offline Sue
Gold Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Female
United States

18259.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2009, 10:56:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by hepdalo

Yot think that it is a story or something for fun.
We are talking about treasures and the people who burried them used everything to protect their wealth.
They made spells, used genie or demon, used different poisons or traps. There are a lot of event happened here which you can't even dream or find in Harry Potter books. But I am not joking.

I don't think you're joking, Hepdalo. I believe there's a lot more to reality than what some of us perceive. Sue

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3541.msg28796.html#msg28796

Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to: