[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Hunter Pete
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom
Referrals: 0

80.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Heathkit, Magnetometer, XP Deus, Recording Magnetic Field Hot Spots
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2010, 05:21:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello there Ironman
Interesting how you deal with the sun and heat.  We have unusually hot weather in UK but only about 80 degrees F max. It is usually about 60! 
So far most searching starts with research for provenance and then getting permission from the owners.  As so much detecting can be done on fallow ground, it can lead to a goodly collection of scrap metal.  The potential excitement drives you on.
Old HP

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15954.msg102612.html#msg102612

Investing in people is more rewarding than investing in things

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
74%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2010, 05:22:30 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Ironman
Hey Bottlefreak,

I am located in New Mexico. On my last hunt it was in the high nineties. It did rain that day and cooled thing off quite nicely in the late afternoon. There are trees where I hunt so I can sit under one and cool off which is nice. the last time my Grandson and I went on a hunt near Socorro New Mexico we did not wear to much sun protection. It was over 100 degrees that day and we came back looking like lobsters with the back of our necks and arms really bad! This last Wed I went out but I was wearing long sleeves, neck shade, gloves and also had my face covered. It was hard to get used to but I feel it was worth it to not get burnt this time. The next day I made a trip to REI and purchased a very light weight long sleeve shirt designed to keep the sun out and at the same time wick away sweat. It is truly feather light! I make my own neck shades so they will cover our faces now as well. Gloves have always been a given for digging. I also purchased a pair of light weight hiking pants that you can very easily turn into a pair of shorts without having to take off your boots. I hope this new stuff will help with the heat. I am going to try it out on our next outing.

Good hunting to you!!

Ironman
   Ohhh yeah, anyone detecting in shortsleeves, t-shirts (or heaven forbid no shirt) and/or refusing to wear a hat when detecting either in the desert or at altitude is just asking for problems......double ditto for anyone who fails to hydrate regularly---silly as it might look, my wife and I both strap on camel hydration packs before we pick up up our detectors.   If they ever made the moonsuit lighter and more nimble, they'd come in handy.

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15954.msg102613.html#msg102613

Offline Ironman
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

945.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's GMT,  Minelab SD2200V2,  White's Coinmaster, Coinmater 6000/Di 3
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2010, 06:03:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Hunter Pete,
 Wow 60! I'm headed over! hey scrap metal can be a good thing. It has surely led to some great finds. I was given the name Ironman by my grandson who has hunted with me since he was 6 years old. He was eight when we were out hunting and digging old tin cans and bailing wire etc when he said " Ampa, all you find is iron junk!! You are Ironman cause that's all you find!! "  Ha ha we sure had a good laugh over that one. Now with several nice find under our belts I always tell him " who's Ironman now!! " Ha ha he shoulda called me ol iron scraps!!

Hello BA,
thanks for mentioning hydration! I packed in 2 gallons of water in my pack on my last hunt and that was still shy with the heat! Man that pack was heavy that day! i have tried a camel pack but I got spoiled with freezing my water before my hunts so it is nice and cold! Give it a try. The camel pack is collecting dust in the closet

Ironman ( Ol Iron Scraps)

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15954.msg102621.html#msg102621

Those who say it cannot be done.....
should not interrupt the person doing it!

You will never find Treasure.....
unless you hunt for it!

Offline Foiled Again
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1535.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

No detectors at the moment, 100 gpm suction dredge pump, 2" hand operated gold sucker, handmade bucket classifier, 9 inch cleanup sluice with v-matting
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2010, 08:55:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks TBF I will post pictures when I get back. I did get out today I hunted around a creek bank where an old mill is but they put a development in next to it and there is a lot of fill in around there. I guess my best bet there is to go detecting in the water since its not very deep right now. I also hunted a park on the other side I wasnt there long but I found a 357 round intact, a clad dime and nickel, a few older lincolns, a 1954 nickel, some kind of football pin, and a fishing spinner. I couldnt take any pictures the camera is packed away. Take care, Foiled.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15954.msg102644.html#msg102644

Offline thebottlefreakTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

320.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

discovery 3300
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2010, 04:24:38 pm »
Go Up Go Down

thanks cgbaker14 have you gotten out lately if you did what did you find im curious as to what you might have uncovered reply back well bye for now and may all your finds be silver and gold
ok foiled cant wait to see those pics when you get back wish you luck and may all your finds be silver and gold
well thanks ironman all those things that you got sound like a deffinate thing to have where you live to go out detecting and water is a must went through afew bottles myself on my hunt wasnt 100 but in the high 80s very humid good thing for a few shade trees goin back out tomorrow in the morning for an hour or two hope to bring home more silver monday i hope to be out most of the day heat permitting i hope those things help you so you can get out for a good hunt well bye for now and may all your finds be silver and gold

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15954.msg103264.html#msg103264

Offline Foiled Again
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1535.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

No detectors at the moment, 100 gpm suction dredge pump, 2" hand operated gold sucker, handmade bucket classifier, 9 inch cleanup sluice with v-matting
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2010, 09:20:11 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Bottlefreak here are some pics from Ak.Foiled
Pics are too big I can only send one at a time and it wont let me change the size. Foiled
More AK pics.Foiled

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15954.msg104464.html#msg104464

There are 4 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

Alaska 2010 076.jpg
Alaska 2010 087.jpg
Alaska 2010 093.jpg
Alaska 2010 099.jpg

Print