[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 485   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Pgill
Gold Member

From wet and dull UK :-)
Thank you6

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom
Referrals: 0

9290.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250 / Whites MXT Pro
« Reply #800 on: April 21, 2011, 03:20:39 pm »
Go Up Go Down

There is nothing wrong with aliens either, and seeing as the aliens was part of the reply to my comment.... it does affect me.... You are going after AU who responded to my reply.... I think it is time to move on from this forum, as I have had enough of this ...... I do not need the pettiness of this... I am sorry it has come to this as I enjoyed this forum... But GD, you are wrong, and you need to look at the way you operate.... If you have had complaints from what we write here, then you should of let us know.... Seeing as you did not, then I take it that there have been no complaints.... So all this is just a waste of time and effort, and as a moderator, you should not have wasted yours or our time on this... I cannot believe that an alien can get to you so strongly.... I will write to Christian and let him know why I wish to leave.... And also to remove me and all my comments and topics from this forum.....

Guys I will contact you all with my forwarding addresses etc.....

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19144.msg164976.html#msg164976

God Bless
Peter

Please Register or Login

http://petergill.webs.com

Please Register or Login

http://petergill.webs.com/treasurestore.htm

Offline vikingTopic starter
Bronze Member

www.metaldetect.co.za
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
South Africa

2160.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #801 on: April 21, 2011, 03:21:38 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Here is local treasure(ish) story that I find quite interesting.

The great cleft in Table Mountain is known as Platteklip Gorge, or Platteklip Kloof. At the foot of the gorge is the suburb of Oranjezicht. This was the estate of the Van Breda family, worked by hundreds of slaves. The double-storied house was haunted, and the ghost photographed in 1900. The building was demolished in the nineteen-fifties, but the ruined bandstand, and the oak trees, may still be be seen. A shadowy ghost has been seen among the trees. Another ghost, a member of the Van Breda family, rides about on a white horse. Oranjezicht is one of the places where a loyal slave is said to have hidden her master's children in a oven, to protect them from rampaging slaves.

On the higher part of the Oranjezicht estate is an area called Verlatenbosch ("forsaken bush"). A leper is said to have lived here, waited on by servants. According to one version of the story, a disgruntled burgher obtained a flute infected with leprosy, and left it where the governor's son would find it. His plan worked, and the boy became a leper. Whatever the reason, as night approaches, ghostly flute music may still be heard in Verlatenbosch and Platteklip Gorge.

Above Verlatenbosch, the Platteklip or Fresh River flows around granite boulders. Here, after carrying their loads from as far away as Bo-Kaap, Malay women washed their families' clothes. And here, one of these women lost a magic ring.

This woman was the wife of Abdol Malack, a respected Islamic scholar. As a matter of fact he was a Hafiz, a man who had memorised the entire Koran. He had studied in Mecca, and before he came home, his late teacher had bequeathed to him the ring. Though plain except for a stone the colour of milk, Abdol found that when he wore it, no blade could cut him. He even had to remove the ring to allow a barber to cut his hair.

When he returned to the Cape, the power of the ring was witnessed by many people. However, when he married, Abdol gave the ring to his beloved wife. To her surprise, she found that while wearing it, she could not even slice a loaf of bread. One day, while she was doing the laundry, the soap loosened the ring, and it was lost. Abdol Malack was still living in the middle of the twentieth century, in his house on Dorp Street, on the border of Bo-Kaap. As for the ring, observant hikers may still find a small treasure

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19144.msg164977.html#msg164977

Please Register or Login

www.metaldetect.co.za

Offline Silki
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
South Africa

935.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's DFX 300, Minelab Excalibur II , Vibra Probe 580
« Reply #802 on: April 21, 2011, 03:25:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Let be PEACE ( and love ) ! Looks like it is our  ( South - Africans ) destiny to talk lots of nonsense -  as nobody pulls anything out of this red soil ! But we still love this hobby and want to be part of global community ! - Am I right to say so ? So lets be less serious and have fun !  Kiss

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19144.msg164980.html#msg164980

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #803 on: April 21, 2011, 03:32:24 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi guys I hope that you all realize that you are putting me in a bit of a spot here I don't have any enemies on this forum that I know of and by the same token I'm not going to pick sides either. I know GD better than any of you and and I also happen to know that he's one hell of a guy you should all get to know one another better you may just be surprised at how similar you really are. At first I was not going to say anything and just let the water flow under the bridge but now I feel that you have all made your point so please lets leave it at that.

In the hope that I did not offend any one
Best regards Xavier

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19144.msg164987.html#msg164987

Xavier

So many questions so little time

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #804 on: April 21, 2011, 06:02:34 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Guysm

I did just write down a reply to a topic on the recent argueing in the mod board. I beg your pardon. I am currentl?y not really up to what has happened as I have been on the road all day. Also I do not follow and read all of the postings so I may vae just a vague view of things.

Anway from what I can tell this thread here - which spans for over 81 pages !!! - has been lots of fun for all the people involved - and that's the way it should be! We all come here to have fun talking treasure.

I as a site owner take my joy and reqard from seeing the site growing and getting positive feedback from its users. All of the moderators here comit their time and efforts to help improve the site.

Then again we are all just human beings and there may be misunderstandings at times. Also there can be argument and verbal fighting. Everbody can have their own oppinions and there can be controversary over things.

But in the end it is important that we all deal with eachother in a fair and friendly way while emotion can be stired up in a heated discussion.

So guys: I really do NOT want anyone to leave! Everyone of your is imprtant to the site and a valueable member.

If there are any problems let's try to work them out in a friendly way and let try to take things lightly and not go at them heavy handed.

Regards,

Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19144.msg165043.html#msg165043

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #805 on: April 21, 2011, 07:14:13 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thank you Peter, Viking and Silki and everyone for your support and Kindness and your wise words,
you Truely are a Special crowd of people,

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19144.msg165066.html#msg165066

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #806 on: April 21, 2011, 08:15:36 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Pgill
If you have had complaints from what we write here, then you should of let us know.... Seeing as you did not, then I take it that there have been no complaints.... So all this is just a waste of time and effort, and as a moderator, you should not have wasted yours or our time on this...

Peter,

Try and take this for what it is worth. I did NOT receive any complaints about YOU or YOUR posts at all. In fact, it wasn't about this thread at all. It was about a technical thread where I had answered a couple of questions, someone else added a comment and it was subsequently derailed by dumb comments that had their origin in the ART thread. Then I had another from a new user who never got to even say thank you for the welcoming when the thread turned to the same nonsense. He told me he was "out of here" because there are nutcases here he didn't want to deal with.

When it happened in the SA thread, I chose to comment. My choice was purely coincidental and had nothing to do with you personally or the SA thread. It had to do with comments that were simply silly and not necessary. Since when did you start believing that pull tabs were actually space ships? I asked that this kind of comment be relegated to the ART thread where such comments are common. Where exactly do you see that as a personal attack? What happened afterward is the problem.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19144.msg165084.html#msg165084

« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 08:18:29 pm by GoldDigger1950 »

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #807 on: April 22, 2011, 01:04:18 am »
Go Up Go Down

Grin Grin Hey Peter stop swinging that Knobkierie would you ( for all of you outside SA a Knobkierie it a piece of wood with a natural ball at the end it has been an African weapon for centuries)  and come back in here and tell us about your pull tab you may find this funny but I have never found one only bottle tops loads of bottle tops LOL

All the best Xavier

Posted on: April 22, 2011, 08:00:55 AM
I'm waiting Peter Knobkierie  Round About LOL

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19144.msg165131.html#msg165131

Xavier

Offline Pgill
Gold Member

From wet and dull UK :-)
Thank you6

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

9290.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250 / Whites MXT Pro
« Reply #808 on: April 22, 2011, 01:27:09 am »
Go Up Go Down

This is my last post on this subject..... Thanks Christian for your comments, Xavier... the peacemaker  Grin Grin Grin

GD, I see you still do not get it.... I do not know how else to explain this issue to you..... I know this is not about the SA thread, I also know this is not about stupid frigging aliens..... This is about a personal issue you have with AU..... My problem is that you have used our thread and the reply to my message to get at him.... What we write about is our issue not yours.... If we swear, have hatred or do something illegal then it is your problem..... We have done none of that here....

This is a issue between you and AU...please keep it that way.....

THE END  Clapp  Grin  Funny  Welcome  Hello  Round About  Club         

Posted on: 22-04-2011, 01:24:04
Right lets get back to what matters  Grin

Xavier, I see you need detecting lessons.... you cannot even find a pulltab  Crazy even with that big detector of yours.... that is sad my friend, very sad....  Grin  Laughing

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19144.msg165145.html#msg165145

God Bless
Peter

Please Register or Login

http://petergill.webs.com

Please Register or Login

http://petergill.webs.com/treasurestore.htm

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #809 on: April 22, 2011, 01:29:41 am »
Go Up Go Down

Grin Grin Grin I knew I'd get your sense of humour back LOL

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19144.msg165148.html#msg165148

Xavier

Print
Pages:  1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 485   Go Up
Jump to: