[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline BC_coinerTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Canada
Referrals: 0

160.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Silver Eagle
« on: May 07, 2011, 01:42:10 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi again,

I'm looking into getting a new detector, and in my search, I've been toying with this idea -- I'd love to hear what other hunters think.

I have a Whites Silver Eagle from about 1993-4.   In its time, it was a high-end detector (or at least, it was by price).   

I'm curious how much the technology has changed for whites' digital detectors since then.  For example, if I were to buy a 2010 Coinmaster, would I be upgrading, or downgrading?   Have entry-level detectors caught up to the technology of higher-end detectors from years ago?

From what I've looked at, I'm likely going to go with a MXT, or a DFX (or XLT) in the White's, or a Garrett AT Pro.  The MXT looks awesome, and the DFX and XLT  look like their custom programs can be saved, whereas with my Silver Eagle, I can only save my program settings if I don't switch programs the next time I hunt -- otherwise the factory programs go back to their presets.

Anyone out there able to compare the Silver Eagle with the current lower-tech digitals?

So curious I be.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23517.msg169426.html#msg169426

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 07:46:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

G Day BC, as you can see on the left i went for the MXTs Both came with the 300 / 12" coil, although I have not used the big coil
that much since january, these machines will smoke any other machines, But thats not what it is about, It's about having the right machine that suits the ground that you're working in. My sites have over 3000yrs of metal workings in them so i need a machine
that has the speed and the depth and i bought the first one ( MXT 300 ) back in late june 2010 well the world turned and i always
find something, I have bought machines 3x the price and they just dont compare. The MXT Pro is even more like the GMT than
before with the ground Grab feature and 7 tone ID, and the back light for hunting in the dark with 3 levels of brightness.
The first MXT was surposed to be the GMT but Whites had done so much research that they had enough to build two machines
The GMT is a Prospecting Machine and the MXT shares the same circutry and it is a very serious prospecting machine too,
It is far better at prospecting that the V3i or the DFX because of it's Ultra high sensitivity due to it's Herritage, and it will
match them for depth although others may not think so, According to whites it and field tests the V3i can not beat it as far
as depth is concerned and it will find smaller objects.
The thing I like about it is I don't have to mess around in programs or lossing programs because it is a knobs and switches
machine. and when I want to go detecting thats what i want to be doing and i never have to worry did i have the right settings
it's a giant Killer and it is one of the few machines that you can use anywhere in the world just about,
I had a certain king of detectors and I sold it and bought the MXT Pro that other machine i used it in one area and the i took
my MXT 300 over the same area and then I found what that other thing missed so it got sold and so did all my other brand
detectors, The V3i is a fantastic machine and I will get one some day but I just want to get out there and you would be shocked
at the depth I dig coins at, and if the targets are bigger and deeper then they are gonna be mine too.

I hope this helps, If your still stuck just give us a call, Good luck.

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23517.msg169865.html#msg169865

Offline pulltabhunter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

175.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher CZ 70
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 06:27:39 am »
Go Up Go Down

I have the new MXT Pro and absolutly love it. That being said my wife sports the nes Coinmaster Pro and it does a great job too. Hers is very simple and basic but it does find a lot. I found a 10K wedding ring with it and she found 2 silver necklaces with my MXT Pro. It all comes down to preferences and finances. My MXT of course is noisy which I like because I like listening for deep targets, hers is silent. Mine is a 800 dollar machine hers is a 279 dollar machine. So I would say as far as your Eagle goes its a great machine and I would be hard pressed to part with it. Its like having a classic Chevy but wanting a new car for the latest technology. They both will get you where you want to go.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23517.msg171079.html#msg171079

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 07:18:27 am »
Go Up Go Down

WTG Pulltabhunter, congrats on your finds and good luck to you and your good Lady

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23517.msg171088.html#msg171088

Offline skyhook01
Pull Tab

Thank you2

Activity
0%

United States