[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia
Referrals: 0

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2011, 11:07:24 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Hardluck

I'm sure some of the loot would have been sent back to Japan. Just how much was looted not only in the Philipines but south Asia?  Then were back to the question of how much was left behind in the Philippines.

Posted on: April 06, 2011, 11:05:34 PM
That is interesting how much was located in the bank of Japan  Cool

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22563.msg161166.html#msg161166

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2011, 11:12:41 pm »
Go Up Go Down

The UK is still paying it's war debt. In 1920 our coins went from .925 silver to .500 and then in 1947 our coins were changed to
Cupro-nickle because England needed the silver to pay back the USA  for the war effort.

AU

Posted on: April 06, 2011, 11:09:39 PM
Well it must of been put there in a hurry, maybe they had a bigger stash some where else and that was what they wanted us to see

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22563.msg161169.html#msg161169

Offline hardluckTopic starter
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2011, 03:28:05 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello AU

Sadly that was the price we paid for victory.

Hello Goldnboy

The only gold stolen by the Japanese in Philippines was from Philippines and from the colonial Americans, Spanish, the church and the everyday people.  

Don't fall for the myth that Philippines was a store house of gold from the rest of Asia. that is the Yama golden Lilly myth that kicked in after 1985.

There was a few people who promoted the myths for their own personal gain that has now been ingrained as a supposed fact. Like 176 sites of trillions of billions of treasure. That was a cover for Marcos cronies involved in embezzling the national treasury. Many others had profiteered from it by writing books among other things with very little credible evidence to support their claims.

There was treasure found in the Philippines and perhaps more caches to be found. But not as the hype and size of treasures claimed today.

Yes the Japanese looted every where they went and any treasure they took went directly to Japan. What got left behind was in the country they stole it from.

Hardluck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22563.msg161179.html#msg161179

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

THE SYDNEY MORNING HERALD TUES 20 MAY 1947 SEEKING LOOT IN JAPAN.jpg

« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 03:46:53 am by hardluck »
Offline Idaho Jones
Gold Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7930.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2011, 02:58:51 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Interesting ideas Smiley

It's much easier to sell shares to people who think that they will get a share of tons of gold as opposed to a hundred pounds or less....

I know some of the Japanese Admirals were less than enthusiastic about attacking the US and adding them to the mix. If there was some trepidation about the outcome some of the officers may have decided to set aside an emergency fund. 

One of the reasons the US fell behind in manufacturing was the age of the factories and equipment. Not saying that having your country flattened was a good trade off but in some ways those places came back very strong. There was an old comedy movie called "The Mouse that Roared". This fictional tiny nation called Grand Fenwick was about to go bust and so they developed a plan to declare war on the US, lose, and then reap the support benefits.

I would be very surprised if anyone built a treasure vault specifically for that purpose as too many would know where it was, but not so surprised if a command bunker or the like was hastily converted (buried).

Remember the sunken golden submarine that was carrying a treasure that's still aboard it (supposedly) despite some recovery efforts. Perhaps there were more of those shipments?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22563.msg161272.html#msg161272

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2011, 06:24:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Idaho Jones
would be very surprised if anyone built a treasure vault specifically for that purpose as too many would know where it was, but not so surprised if a command bunker or the like was hastily converted (buried).

Remember the sunken golden submarine that was carrying a treasure that's still aboard it (supposedly) despite some recovery efforts. Perhaps there were more of those shipments?

Two good points. Im sure the Gold... would have been kept in a secure place. Now im thinking would these generals perhaps pick out a few nice little keepers for them ? A few small treasures to take home after the war was over. A bunker sounds like a good place to start!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22563.msg161334.html#msg161334

Offline pianomaniac
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

75.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

bountyhunter, Gemini III & TF-900 Discovery
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2011, 03:54:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Everybody is entitle to his OWN opinion/s. You believe what you know it is and others believe what they know it is. There is no such perfect stoy especially those handed down to through generations. You have your own national heroes. You have your own share. meanwhile, let them enjoy what they believe for. It is a way of living in this world, believing on its own way and not of others...As long as you enjoy it, do it on your own...

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22563.msg168222.html#msg168222

Offline hardluckTopic starter
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2011, 02:38:02 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello pianomaniac

In keeping with the spirit of a Forum everyone is entitled to their opinion. But like with all things in life that opinion needs to be backed up with some evidence, of how they came to such a conclusion.

I understand the poor mans dream of acquiring great wealth is very provocative especially to a country like the Philippines. I saw that myself When I lived there for a time many years ago. The thing is I see with the Philippines today is no one is researching just dreaming. And that is a shame because I think there are still some interesting opportunities over there.

I asked a question that was never answered at all by my fine Philippine friends. And that speaks volumes of what is happening over there.

Hardluck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22563.msg168423.html#msg168423

« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 02:41:44 am by hardluck »
Offline balbal
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

25.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2011, 08:49:09 am »
Go Up Go Down

i have a site but i need a detector that can detect cave/treasure atleast 50meters deep, im new at this so i have no detector yet, any one interested will have a 50/50 equal share, some japs said i have a treasure in my land but we have not come to an agreement so i decided to dig it my self but i have to be sure the treasure is really there so i wont waste any money

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22563.msg184588.html#msg184588

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2011, 08:58:14 am »
Go Up Go Down

Please use the word Japanese not Japs in the future.

There is no treasure at 50 meters in your country  look at the water table do going yo happen

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22563.msg184589.html#msg184589

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline ram
Silver Member

Thank you148

Activity
0%

Portugal

5270.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2011, 03:48:42 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by balbal
i have a site but i need a detector that can detect cave/treasure atleast 50meters deep, im new at this so i have no detector yet, any one interested will have a 50/50 equal share, some japs said i have a treasure in my land but we have not come to an agreement so i decided to dig it my self but i have to be sure the treasure is really there so i wont waste any money

i cannot understand what you want. are you a pilipino?
1) you have a site
2) you have no detector
3) japanese said you have a treasure in your land
4) any one interested will have 50/50 equal share
4) you decide to dig it your self
5) but you have to be sure
6) you don't want waste money

how could it be done?

ram,

Linkback:

Please Register or Login