[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline TonyWells
Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

460.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

U/W Metal Detectors
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2009, 09:19:38 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Mas_Kara

Usually it is FINDERS KEEPER and worry later how you will disposed your treasure. If it is a national treasure it is best to report it to the Phil. Gov't. or you go direct to jail.
If it is Yamashita treasure you better keep it with full secrecy, melt the gold and divide the loot among your group and sell it to local gold buyers in small quantity one at time.
having a permit or no permit is just the same. It is better not to get any permit if you are a small fry TH. If you want a permit you must have the backing of a high gov't. official or the military and do not forget the rebels if the area is critical.
Anyway one or the other it is a matter of life and death, Rebels, Military and the greedy Gov't. people will take it away from you and leave you penniless or six feet under ground.

I agree with Mas_Kara. Anyway, I'm putting ALL this info (AND LOTS MORE!) on my new upcoming site which shall be on the net and coming back to life again soon.. previously known as.. Searchmasters and then IRG but now officially as.. THE SOUTHEAST ASIAN TREASURE CONNECTION.. please just wait for that!
TW

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3018.msg35625.html#msg35625

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

tseatc_logo.jpg

Offline boy_k
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

5.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

md5008
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2009, 04:14:07 am »
Go Up Go Down

i am a filipino man.. how can i get treasure hunter license???

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3018.msg42825.html#msg42825

Offline cap miwa
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

Japan

830.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2009, 09:20:17 am »
Go Up Go Down

it would be better and safer for you and your site if you don't get a permit. there's no such thing as a treasure permit. the old law is still applicable. if you are digging in your own private property, like your backyard, make it discreet, if you can't, make an alibi, don't tell anyone you are digging a treasure. if it's in a public land and nobody is close around, for as long as you can keep it secret, you can dig it.

the previous post of masKara is right, once you get a permit, you will have to declare where is your project site and a representative of the government will regularly visit your activities. it will make your life more in danger. you cant trust the govt people going into your site. you'll kiss it goodbye.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3018.msg42874.html#msg42874

Offline T_hunter44
Copper Member

Banned
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Female
United States

135.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Future ROVER C
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2009, 03:24:46 am »
Go Up Go Down

My recommendation is the same as Cap miwa. If you're digging on government land, they say  you need a permit but I would advise against it, better for you to keep them in the dark as it will not go to the government kitty anyway but the government share will only go to the greedy politicians and advertising your whereabouts is not so smart, it will put you and your people in jeopardy. If on private land, make a deal with the landowner and make sure it is in writing and if at all possible, get it notarized. Even if the agreement is on writing, some people will change their mind because of greed, no such thing as gentlemans agreement. Treasure hunting is risky business, you will soon find out that even the leaves of trees have eyes but Good Luck on your quest.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3018.msg43090.html#msg43090

Offline TonyWells
Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

460.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

U/W Metal Detectors
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2009, 07:40:48 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by boy_k
i am a filipino man.. how can i get treasure hunter license???

kboy,
Go here to see how;

Please Register or Login

http://www.tseatc.com/Philippines.html

TW

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3018.msg43116.html#msg43116

Offline gold_seeker13
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

150.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2009, 08:24:53 am »
Go Up Go Down

hey guys,

never mind the law, if you find any treasure, hide it if you can  Cheesy Grin :Smiley Waveing Hello

anyway, legally speaking, the kind of permit you will secure will be determined by the nature of the project that you will undertake, more often than not, the DENR will issue a permit for anything that you will do on land and/or the sea, no ifs and buts about it

foreigners by themselves cannot apply for permits relative to treasure hunting...maybe, just maybe, the government will allow if it will be joint venture where the government will get a percentage for anything of economic value that will be found

those individuals who in good faith find treasure on a land belonging to somebody else will have a finder's share..the law is clear on that, however I forgot how much :Smiley my professor on property will be mad at me for that Undecided

churches, schools and other buildings have been dug per order by some politicians and yet they dont have permits Violent

-seeker-

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3018.msg49025.html#msg49025

Offline kendavid
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Philippines

1465.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Master Hunter CX, Treasure Hound
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2009, 06:35:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I am always hearing of unauthorized digs here.... some ending in tragedy Sad. Most of these digs are for large caches of gold and/or diamonds, silver, coins, jewelry, etc. buried by the Japanese. And again, most of these digs don't use any hi-tech equipment but instead use "live pointers" (somebody who saw the Japanese bury items and just point to the location where it was buried). Lots of room for error and not a good idea for amateurs to pursue. . . hence tragic endings. Sad

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3018.msg49131.html#msg49131

KD

Offline T_hunter44
Copper Member

Banned
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Female
United States

135.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Future ROVER C
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2009, 10:07:04 pm »
Go Up Go Down

What is an unauthorized dig? If you do not have a permit on Government land, that maybe is an unauthorized dig but if you are digging in a private land and you have permission with the land owner, I'd say that is a legal or authorized dig. People digging even with a so called "Live Pointer" assumes the treasure is directly underneath where they started to dig but the Japanese is tricky, they tunnel, makes a turn, down again and then tunnel some more, that is why most hunters fail. One must have a map, know how to read signs or have a good and reliable scanner or equipment. Some has no knowledge of what to look for and they get careless. The tragedy a couple of years back that happened in Isabela, if you heard that one, their water pump do not have enough suction lift so they put down the water pump in the hole while they were digging, they did not make it, they died of carbon monoxide poisoning. They exhaust from the engine of the water pump which is carbon monoxide  displaced the oxygen and its Goodbye.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3018.msg49167.html#msg49167

Offline kendavid
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Philippines

1465.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Master Hunter CX, Treasure Hound
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2009, 04:35:48 am »
Go Up Go Down

Yes sir, I heard about that one THunter44. What a shame for the loss of life. Back to the digging, the law here states that you have to have a permit to dig, even on private property. The permits are given through DENR I have heard. But I am sure that 99% of the digs going on here have no permit. People are afraid of the government, especially if they find something Undecided

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3018.msg49206.html#msg49206

KD

Offline gold_seeker13
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

150.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2009, 03:04:56 am »
Go Up Go Down

i have noticed that quite a number of provincial roads have been awarded to either japanese or korean contractors...and yup, im starting to believe that the japs and the koreans are making it appear that they are building roads but the real intention is to retrieve their golds...so many unfinished roads here in my country, and i have heard a lot of news about them leaving after finding a significant volume of treasure boxes

and yet, quite a number of filipinos have gone broke trying to find hidden treasures....a neighbor of mine is now bankrupt because of treasure hunting   Undecided

but there are those who found gold by mere accident and they are now very very wealthy

-seeker-

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3018.msg49353.html#msg49353

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Jump to: