[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline kendavid
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Philippines
Referrals: 0

1465.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Master Hunter CX, Treasure Hound
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2009, 03:35:00 am »
Go Up Go Down

I've heard several stories of success and failure, some actually believable. Cool I have a friend that made a loan on her house to finance a dig. Never found anything and the house has been foreclosed by the bank Cry
Those that find gold by accident are the truly fortunate ones. Wink
Happy Hunting Seeker and good luck,
kd

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3018.msg49357.html#msg49357

KD

Offline T_hunter44
Copper Member

Banned
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Female
United States

135.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Future ROVER C
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2009, 05:18:23 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Now you're catching on. Yes, these things has been going on for awhile and road building in the Philippines is done by either the Japanese or Koreans. You got that one right, cover up for recovery as they have the advantage. My nephew works for a Japanese group and what he tells me is the Japanese national or group can acquire maps from the Japanese Military archive and the Japanese government will issue the map and authority to dig in the Philippines and the Japanese government will get most of the recovered items and their representative gets something like 20%. The Japanese that he works for has him on a bind, he has his mother and sister in Cebu somewhere, like a hold so he cannot go to other groups or separate himself from that group. I told him that that is kidnapping and I know somebody high up in the chain of command on the NBI but he is scared because he says this group is belongs to the Japanese Mafia. His Japanese boss is bragging that the Arroyos got so much bribe money from him. The Koreans road building is mostly concentrated in the south while the Japanese road building is mostly in Luzon and last I visited the island a few months ago, the Japanese is doing some road building and  a new bridge in Vigan, Ilocos Sur. I went through the old bridge and cannot find anything wrong with it. No other countries seems to be getting the contracts. During Marcos time American contractors is getting most of the contracts, nowadays, the Japanese or the Koreans. Boylara just said in one of  his post that the Japanese is going to build some more roads in the Northeastern part of Luzon, that will be in the Sierra Madre area, Pacific side, and from what I gather, a lot of big bullion sites in that area. Keep your eyes peeled, you'll see ,more of this Recoveries under the guise of Road Building or School Building or Lease of Land by a Foreign government to plant Corn or for fuel or whatever the Philippine Administration will admit as a guise for they are in cahoots with them.  Angry Angry Angry

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3018.msg49477.html#msg49477

Offline Rational Observer
Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2009, 05:44:10 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by T_hunter44

Yes, these things has been going on for awhile and road building in the Philippines is done by either the Japanese or Koreans.

Just a rational observation here...but the people of the Philippines should rejoice at the jobs created and monies entered into the economy. Least not forget the new roads being built by the Japanese and Koreans.

Speculation and conspiracy theories are not likely to put food on the table.

Rational Observer

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3018.msg49486.html#msg49486

Offline kendavid
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Philippines

1465.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2009, 06:51:36 pm »
Go Up Go Down

The shame in this, RationalObserver is that the poor people here that are starving and many even homeless never see a single centavo of these treasures. Memory escapes me for the moment as to the exact location but my friend from Ilocos Sur was complaining about a Japanese contract with the Philippine Gov to build a road somewhere in Ilocos Sur. There was a lot of excavation and heavy equipment with very little road work. The road was never completed and suddenly abandoned.  Huh? Guess for some reason the road became unimportant. The locals only suffered and never got any benefit whatsoever! Angry Angry Violent

What a pity Cry
kd

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3018.msg49509.html#msg49509

KD

Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2009, 07:12:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by kendavid
The shame in this, RationalObserver is that the poor people here that are starving and many even homeless never see a single centavo of these treasures. Memory escapes me for the moment as to the exact location but my friend from Ilocos Sur was complaining about a Japanese contract with the Philippine Gov to build a road somewhere in Ilocos Sur. There was a lot of excavation and heavy equipment with very little road work. The road was never completed and suddenly abandoned.  Huh? Guess for some reason the road became unimportant. The locals only suffered and never got any benefit whatsoever! Angry Angry Violent

What a pity :'(
kd

Interestingly enough, the Embassy of Japan in the Philippines paints a very different story. Three billion pesos pumped into the Filipino economy. Maybe your memory will clear up and can provide some references to validate your friends claims.

Please Register or Login

http://www.ph.emb-japan.go.jp/pressandspeech/speeches/2009/agas-agas%20inaguration%20speech.htm

Rational Observer

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3018.msg49514.html#msg49514

Offline T_hunter44
Copper Member

Banned
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Female
United States

135.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Future ROVER C
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2009, 09:37:36 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Rational Observer, my previous post I mentioned about my nephew working for some Japanese Group and this kid is not going to lie to me. Remember or have you ever heard of the landslide in Antipolo, Rizal that happened a few years back, killed a lot of people and demolished some homes. This nephew of mine was on that site, actually his first project with the Japanese. The mudslide was blamed on a swimming pool on top of the hill, nthey say it was leaking but my nephew tells me a different story. The landslide was caused by the excavation of the Japanese and according to him they made a successful recovery, in bullion. When they got to the main chamber where there were stack and stacks of gold, they were ushered out and only the people trusted by the Japanese were left behind to haul out the gold. The roads that was completed by the Japanese is a debt to be paid by the Philippine Government, its not a gift. It seems like you do not believe on these things being posted against the Jaoanese, maybe because you have not witnessed any of the things we are saying. I have and I have visited some sites and the latest that I visited was a location in Tuguegarao in Cagayan Valley. I saw the cemented structure that was supposed to be a piggery and his dwelling was also concrete, like he was there to stay. At night, he has this old man digging with him and when they have recovered a jar, the Japanese gave the old man Ten Thousand pesos and he says that when the Japanese dipped his hand in the jar, he saw glittering objects. The Japanese left and was never seen again. Believe what you will but you need to circulate once in awhile to know what is going on and what is written in the newspaper or what you hear about the Philippines is not always true, you have to be there and if you do I will personally take you to that described location and let you talk to the old man. Infrastructure construction is crap, I was there last February Fight and March and I went around Northern Luzon and it makes me sick to see a totally good road being jackhammered so the politician who owns the project gets his share and since you know so much, can you give me a percentage figure how much does he get from those projects.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3018.msg49523.html#msg49523

Offline kendavid
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Philippines

1465.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2009, 12:06:49 am »
Go Up Go Down

I will try, Rational Observer to remember the person that gave me that info. I've met so many people here that it's hard to keep up. But he lived in the area and according to him, when the Japanese left, they also left all their equipment (like even the equipment didn't matter to them anymore). The construction stopped just before a bridge. Large concrete pilings and materials such as steel i-beams were also just left to waste. I'm sure by now the place has been scavenged by the locals. Good for them!

T-Hunter44, the government does a fair job at covering their tracks but not good enough that the people of the Philippines don't see a lot of what's going on. I know some things that can't even be discussed here and you probably do also.

Thanks and HH guys,
kd

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3018.msg49540.html#msg49540

KD

Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2009, 06:53:41 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by T_hunter44

The landslide was caused by the excavation of the Japanese and according to him they made a successful recovery, in bullion. When they got to the main chamber where there were stack and stacks of gold, they were ushered out and only the people trusted by the Japanese were left behind to haul out the gold.

Greetings...your "success" story about the Japanese recovering "stacks and stacks" of gold is only one of thousands found on the internet. Not forgetting how the Americans hauled of tons and tons of it, as well as Marcos hauling off a few tons for himself.

A rational question would be...how many tons of mined (processed) gold was available to begin with in the first half of that century? Add up these stories, such as yours, and all of the mined gold in the world was buried in the Philippines.

I am just a rational observer, and I do not think that kid would lie to you, but the story sounds just like all the others...a story.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3018.msg49575.html#msg49575

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2009, 11:43:22 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Rational Observer
Greetings...your "success" story about the Japanese recovering "stacks and stacks" of gold is only one of thousands found on the internet. Not forgetting how the Americans hauled of tons and tons of it, as well as Marcos hauling off a few tons for himself.

A rational question would be...how many tons of mined (processed) gold was available to begin with in the first half of that century? Add up these stories, such as yours, and all of the mined gold in the world was buried in the Philippines.

I am just a rational observer, and I do not think that kid would lie to you, but the story sounds just like all the others...a story.

The real problem would be to haul it around during battle. It's an illogical assumption to believe there is even on bar of gold bullion buried never mind tons of them. Anyone who spends a lifetime looking for the legendary Yamashita Treasure will die a pauper.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3018.msg49606.html#msg49606

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline taga_bantay
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

75.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2009, 12:51:41 am »
Go Up Go Down

Probe set on treasure hunting in Baguio
By Aileen P. Refuerzo

BAGUIO CITY ? The city council last Monday approved a resolution asking Mayor Reinaldo Bautista Jr. to direct the Baguio City Police Office in coordination with the city engineer?s office to conduct a thorough investigation on alleged treasure hunting or illegal diggings and tunneling activities in the city.

Vice Mayor Daniel Farinas who proposed the resolution said there are reports of continued treasure-hunting activities in the city and these have to be thoroughly investigated.

?Baguio City had always been a favorite haven for treasure hunters on account of the truth to the fact that the Golden Buddha and other alleged Yamashita treasures had been found and are ceaselessly and persistently being sought, pursued and uncovered to this very day,? Farinas noted.

?There have been innumerable instances of swindling and rip-offs by unscrupulous personalities who dupe financially able people to invest in treasure-hunting claiming to be experts and are certain of locations that undoubtedly and ?definitely? are ?the spots?,? he added.

?Most often that not, if none at all, such diggings have never been confirmed to contain treasure and which had only led to the bankruptcy of ambitious financiers and more importantly had only to the destruction of the environment, endangered life and limb of workers and jeopardized the safety of unsuspecting people because of such diggings and excavations that have hollowed out the earth beneath.?

Farinas said, ?Such wanton destruction of our precious environment and the trickery of innocent gullible people by clever criminals who devise treasure hunting as their bait should not be allowed to be left unpunished and that such acts should be filed for all the charges and damages they effected.?

He said reports of these activities must be thoroughly investigated by the authorities to put a stop to these hazardous activities and pinpoint perpetrators for filing of appropriate charges.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3018.msg49677.html#msg49677

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Jump to: