[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline csharp
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Australia
Referrals: 0

970.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

minelab
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2010, 03:33:07 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi

Hardluck,

I always thought the Yahoo was a myth. Interesting newspaper story find though, makes me sort of wonder now.

scary stuff, i couldn't even imagine what i would do if i or it came across each other.  Shocked

since reading your post, i read somewhere on a site that - they explain some signs to look for that might indicate if the Yahoo has been there.

One of the tell tail signs is small 1 inch to 1 and a half inch trees broken, 6 inches form the ground up the trunk. Apparently the Yahoo does this

to create traps, the traps catch or slow down roo's and pigs.

When i read that i see these traps everywhere in the bush - makes me really wonder now!

CS

edit:

I'm out bush for a week or so, while out there i'll take some photos of the trees and post here.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11296.msg132844.html#msg132844

« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 03:35:56 am by csharp »
Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2010, 05:37:43 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello All

Jeef Finding nuggets is a little off topic in this post. But please post a new topic in the Australia Forum and I am sure Csharp Myself and others will be more than happy to oblige you.

Goldnboy and Moondog2000 you are both correct Interest in Cryptology rises and falls with folklore of the generation.

Goldnboy there has been modern reports but I do not take them as reliable as the very early reports because of the fad mentality or for status of people claiming to have seen them in 60's, 70, 80s. Unless there is multiple witness that are independent of each other. Its not to say some of the have not seen something.

Csharp I have heard stories of alleged nests in the scrub. It is interesting to note orangutans make circular primitive nests for shelter. Perhaps there is a trait similar with the alleged Yowies and Yahoo's

I will be interested in those pictures...

Hardluck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11296.msg132855.html#msg132855

Offline moondog2000
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

336.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites GMT, Garret Scorpion Gold Stinger, Whites MXT, Garret Pro-Pointer
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2010, 06:06:32 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hardluck, you hit it on the nail head with me with you statement about the very early reports, back then it was what people saw and then reported on, no fad mentality, nothing to gain. and when you get independant reports that's what makes your skin crawl.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11296.msg132965.html#msg132965

May every day be a holiday and every night a saturday night.

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2010, 12:44:09 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Moondog2000

Scientists claim it is a fact Neanderthal man existed alongside early man. Perhaps it is possible some slightly lower form of Human primate survived in the more remote regions of the world. There was recently a discovery of ancient remains of another human primate species in Indonesia in a cave site.

In the mid 1980's there was a  stone age tribe that had no contact with the outside world in Mindano in the Philippines. Anthropologists have been studying them. They are of course not another species of human but they show at least there is still room in the remote parts of the world to remain undetected.

Hardluck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11296.msg133011.html#msg133011

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
75%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2010, 11:47:20 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by hardluck
Scientists claim it is a fact Neanderthal man existed alongside early man. Perhaps it is possible some slightly lower form of Human primate survived in the more remote regions of the world. There was recently a discovery of ancient remains of another human primate species in Indonesia in a cave site.

If they can contribute to Ossie Osborne's genetic make-up, why not?   

Please Register or Login

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=ozzy-osbourne-genome
   (Besides, I've always been of the mind that isolated populations of neanderthals or neanderthal "hybrids" could easily be the kernel of truth in troll tales)

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11296.msg133099.html#msg133099

Offline moondog2000
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

336.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2010, 06:33:38 pm »
Go Up Go Down

These missing link types could be where the neanderthal man mated with an early woman and created the yowie, yeti and Sasquatch. I am a steam engineer in a hospital and yesterday I ate lunch with 5 doctors that run the behavior health center and I brought up the yowies and they all new about them. now these docs are very learned and not one of them doubts the existence of these creatures, in fact they can quote many instances of sightings ,nests found, reports of monks with yeti mummies, all kinds of stuff. tomorrow I will run the idea of the early man  neanderthal connection past them and see what they have to say. Old Ozzy is living proof that yes you can get too high. Imagine running across Ozzy and Kieth Richards in the bush, doesn't that just creep you out.        Mike

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11296.msg133163.html#msg133163

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2010, 08:21:25 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello All

BA that is an interesting idea that the trolls of Scandinavian legend were perhaps distant memory of the last neanderthals in Europe? There was once the belief that neanderthals died out because they were a hunter gather society and could not adapt to changing climate conditions. Where the Cro Magnon Man adapted their skills and out bred the neanderthals. DNA research suggests over time suggest they never went extinct but was absorbed by the Cro magnon man and evolved into modern humans today.

Interestingly enough belief of the neanderthal of being little more than an animal is being challenged by recent discovered in Israel. There is a cave carbon dated with Neanderthal remains. But most stunning of all there was a grave site with grave goods carefully placed around the remains. Hardly the activity of a wild animal? From this and cave drawing we can discover they had a primitive religion and show tenderness in burying a loved one of there family group and well as the use of stone tools and conceptional art.

Yowies and Bigfoot, Yetis I believe if they exist they were much lower down the chain of evolution. More closer to primates such as orangutan, gorillas and chimpanzees. However many alleged reports report a solitary Yowie yetis bigfoot etc.. suggests that perhaps they are a solitary creature. Which is strange as most primates are gregarious by nature. To survive in the Australian bush you would have to be omnivorous because of native vegetation's low calorie intake. Feeding on dead carcasses as such.

Moondog2000 ask your doctor friends for the name of a rare genetic disorder that causes hair to grow all over the body and face. I can't remember the name. That I believe is a genetic throw back from our connection to early primates after all many primates share over 90 % of our DNA

And yes some where among the chain of evolution another species evolved in the 1960's called Homostonedus like Keith and Ozzy and their breeding. Grin

Hardluck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11296.msg133174.html#msg133174

« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 02:32:43 am by hardluck »
Offline moondog2000
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

336.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2010, 12:19:03 am »
Go Up Go Down

I'll ask them tomorrow . one brought up the fact that one of the videos of big foot that the joints did not articulate like a humans does so it could not be a human in a costume so maybe your right that they are some kind lower primate.       Mike

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11296.msg133189.html#msg133189

Offline moondog2000
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

336.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2010, 07:49:58 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Only one doc in today as they are closed for the holidays. I asked him and his answer is Hirsutisn. he believed most of these creatures are some form of primates left over from another time.       Mike

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11296.msg133269.html#msg133269

Offline jeef
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

45.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher F-75 SE
« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2010, 10:00:06 am »
Go Up Go Down

I think it is interesting that we have reports like these from all over the world and yet no one has ever found remains of or captured or gotten good pictures of not one of these visitors.
Jeef

Posted on: December 24, 2010, 09:57:55 AM
I think it is interesting that we have reports like these from all over the world and yet no one has ever found remains of or captured or gotten good pictures of not one of these visitors.
Jeef

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11296.msg133315.html#msg133315

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Jump to: