[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%
Referrals: 0

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2010, 04:59:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello all

Moodog2000 thank you for the answer Hirsutisn. I have picture of a sufferer. Strangely scientis do not think it is genetic for some reason. I kinda of thought that it was genetic throw back to our primitive ancestors when we evolved from a fur covered primate to human.

Jeef You make an excellent point. Even if you have a photograph some one some where dispute it. Because a photograph can be faked. And that's the problem too many people wanted to exploit the issue and today the belief in such creatures are seen presudo science.

The areas where these alleged creatures are very remote regions from man so the likelihood of discovery of remains is small.

Most critics argue that there is no fossil record to back up such claims. This is true in the case of Australia but a fossil record would suggest that such a creature was on the continent before the last ice age. I believe if there was anything such as a primitive ape man yowie they would of traveled across the land bridge between New Guinea during the last Ice age when sea levels were much lower and Australia was connected to Asia. The country was much wetter with large tracts of rain forest which perhaps would of been able to support a primate.

Here is an example below of an alleged Bigfoot real or fake is anybodies guess?

Even so a photo does not really constitute evidence anymore. Until some physical evidence can be established. The wild man of the woods will haunt our primeval fears of the Forrest.

Hardluck

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11296.msg133356.html#msg133356

There are 4 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

Hairynevuswhereapersonhaspatchesofexcesshairgrowthorhirsutism.jpg
db_Bigfoot23_1_.jpg
db_Bigfoot33_1_.jpg
db_Bigfoot43_1_.jpg

Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Pioneer 202 Bounty Hunter, cen-tech pinpointer, Chicago Tools 43150.
« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2010, 07:11:15 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Here is a recent link that explains 4 types of early man living and interbreeding. It mentions dwarf or trolls as one breed. Have to read it for yourself, but explains what everyone here has already posted.

Please Register or Login

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-12059564

This was found right above the article of Cannibalized human remains in a cave. The South Pacific Islands also practiced cannibalism up to the early 1900's I believe.

Anyway, had one bad experience in the woods with a large, smelly, black beast I attribute to radon gas. I lived in the hills of ohio upon the banks of the ohio river. My brother and I was racing home and we both encountered two different experinces. His was a black panther. Mine loooked like an 11 foot wall of black water going through the dense brush.

Sorry no pictures to post, and you wouldnt get any if I had a camera, I wasnt sticking around to find out what that was.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11296.msg133369.html#msg133369

The more I learn, the less I know.

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #52 on: December 25, 2010, 12:35:45 am »
Go Up Go Down

Merry Xmas all

Casa well done with amazing links. That research opens up many possibilities. It just goes to show how mixed up our gene pool really is.

Here is earliest illustration dating from 1895 of a Yowie. They are also called Devil Devil,Yahoo, wood devil among other names.

Hardluck  

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11296.msg133400.html#msg133400

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

wood-devil-1895-case-31.jpg

« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 12:45:31 am by hardluck »
Offline axeman
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Australia

35.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

8 in total
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2011, 08:59:01 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I just caught up on some reading and saw this topic and even though its probably too late I have to add a bit to it. When I was much younger man  I was in the army and we went on an exercise south of Gympie. Because I was such a lovable guy at the time I was given the fantastic job of guard duty every single night. One night towards the end of the bivouac i was walking a patrol along the eastern boundary road with another much loved member of our unit, when I became acutely aware that there was something walking behind us. I tried to convince myself that it was nothing as we continued walking. I stopped when I heard something walk on a burnt grass stub (explanation: the roadside to the left of us and the paddock beyond that was burnt out less than a week earlier by another beloved unit member who decided that smoking on guard duty was OK and tossing a smoldering butt into dry grass was clever) when I  scanned the area  there was nothing there. My, obviously deaf, cohort heard nothing and kept walking. I heard the same sounds for about the next 2 miles, gradually getting louder all the time, but it wasn't until we approached the crest of a small hill that my mate ears finally caught it. We stopped and slowly scanned the area but there was nothing to see. There was a fence about 10 feet from the edge of the road and beyond that was a burnt field with few trees and even those were 6 inches or so in diameter with a full moon giving excellent visibility, so we could see quite well. Just as we turned to walk on there was a sound so loud and angry sounding I nearly shit my trousers, and I'm not easily scared. It sounded as if it was almost as if it was only a foot away but there was nothing there. We switched on out spotlights we'd been issued and thouroughly scanned to to distant tree line including the tree tops near us. There was nothing there. So much to my mates annoyance we didn't run away but proceeded to walk away. I growl-bollowed-howled again and I caught the distinct smell of fresh poo (it wasn't mine), so trying to maintain some sense of order I attempted to call control but someone had brought a portable TV with them and they were watching a movie (and they said that I didn't follow procedures) so they turned the radio down. I know from TV and movies that bad things happen to those who try to run away when faced with either lions, bears or zombies so I started walking again. The unknown thing was still walking behind us so we increased the pace of walk down the hill. The only thing stopping my buddy from bolting down the hill was me holding his webbing. The ungodly noise continued behind us as did the sound of burnt grass and sticks breaking as we got closer to the main gate, all the while I'm trying to raise someone, anyone on the radio. Eventually The far gate post responded asking what the problem was as I keyed up the mic and before I could make another sound this thing behind upgrowled again, but I had keyed the mic to speak and now the far gate heard it as well. They suggested that we "get the #@ck out of there" so we bolted through the front gate and kept running till we got to the rear gate post. I was allowed in but mu mate had to remove his trousers , underwear and boots which we burnt and then hosed him off before he could come inside because he was covered in it. We filed a report the following morning but the army doesn't like to think about this type of thing so we were told it never happened. This was a long time ago and I'm living in the bush and regularly go camping in quite remote areas and what happened that night doesn't bother me. My buddy is a different story. he went into psychiatric care over fear issues for a while and won't leave the city for any reason whatsoever, he scared of all noises and the dark. I didn't see anything but I sure as hell heard one up close. By the way. An Australian army cartographer was injured when something which doesn't exist stood on his hoochie while he was asleep and had to be evacuated by helicopter out of rain forrest because of something that didn't happen behind the gold coast and soldiers open fire on a non existant entity walking down a hill towards their campsite on north of Jimna in forrest. Funny how they collect fur samples and casts of footprints of things that don't exist. I love to know where they keep the non-existant evidence.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11296.msg182470.html#msg182470

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2011, 07:38:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

hello axeman

Sounds like you had an strange experience.

Hardluck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11296.msg184337.html#msg184337

Offline gambol1
Silver Member

At first we were all hunters
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

4800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett 150, 250,Fisher F75S, Tesoro sand shark
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2011, 08:20:47 pm »
Go Up Go Down

That's a good camp fire story, now let me tell one. I was camping in the Big Bend of the Rio Grand in 1987. had my camp set up in a gluch that was lined with pine trees. The locals call them arroyos. There was only one way in and the dry gluch ended about 500 feet in the other direction. A little after midnight I was awaken by what I thought at first was a child screaming. I grabbed the shotgun and jumped out of my truck to see what it was.  It was starlight dark. No moon but a clear sky and the starlight cast shadows among the rocks and trees. The screaming was loud and was comming from the upper end of the gulch. It sounded like someone or something being killed, which it was. I crouched for a while trying to figure what it was and then I saw a silver flash just above the trees. I shined my light where I saw it but it was gone. The screaming continued and I figured it was some kind of critter but what kind?  I had heard coons, coyotes, eagles and bob cats, panthers, alligatiors but never anything like this. It was so human it sent chills up my spine.  I walked a way up the gulch trying to see where it was comming from but saw darkness. The scream came from the tops of the pines. I saw the flash again and aimed my shotgun at it but it was gone before I could shoot. Then something was thrashing about in the tops of the pines. knocking limbs out and making a fuss. I aimed at the sound and fired. The screaming stopped and it became deathly silent. I went back to camp but didn't sleep much because I was worrying about what it was. The next morning before breakfast I hiked up to where the noise had been and at the base of one of the pines I found a big ass hawk. I believe it was a red sholdered hawk but it was the biggest one I have ever seen. It had a 3 foot wingspan.  Wrapped around it about 4 times was a piece of nylon fishing line. The type fly fishermen use. The line was wrapped around one wing and the other end was up in the tree. That night I learned that a hawk will make a noise just like a child when it is hurt.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11296.msg184345.html#msg184345

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2011, 10:59:04 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello gambol1

Neat story, it just goes to show how mother nature can some times play tricks on us. I  remember once I was sleeping in the bush in the open, on the ground in a sleeping bag dreaming of some beautiful women and woke just before daybreak discovering a fox licking my face.

Sadly it was not the two legged kind but of the four legged variety  Grin

Must of been after the salt on my face. Huh?

Hardluck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11296.msg184378.html#msg184378

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2011, 11:03:48 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by hardluck
Must of been after the salt on my face.

And what happened before the salt?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11296.msg184379.html#msg184379

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2011, 11:19:13 pm »
Go Up Go Down

hardluck you left out to much of that story come on old son fess up  LOL

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11296.msg184380.html#msg184380

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2011, 12:40:55 am »
Go Up Go Down

Maybe the fox thought it got lucky and thought my sorry carcuss was dinner...  Grin

I do sleep heavy..

We were camped in forrest next to a remote beach we covered in salt from the beach and fishing all day. plus we we have cooked fish, muccles and prawns Perhaps the fox thought I was a dead fish. After a few days in the scub I proberly smelt like  one. Grin

Hardluck Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11296.msg184382.html#msg184382

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Jump to: