[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline fstorm99
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

75.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2009, 01:33:07 am »
Go Up Go Down

I used the bounty hunter 2200 with good results. I feel it is preety good for a beginer without the massive cost of other detectors

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8838.msg64806.html#msg64806

Offline dinger45
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

330.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher x 1265 * Garrett ace 250  * Garrett Sea Hunter
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2010, 07:45:36 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Got the minor problems worked out with my new garrett ace 250, i believe it is an excellent machine for the money. Nice read out and once you learn the in's and out's you will find it very likable. I have used a fisher 1265x for years, it is an extremely deep machine with finds at 12" and more but it is heavy for all day use. Some people had some problems with the pin pointing but mine was dead on, to the fact that when i cut the plug the coin was in the plug, thats a nice feeling.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8838.msg68933.html#msg68933

Offline treasuremomo
micmomo
Bronze Member

micmomo
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1990.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

I'VE USED MANY BRANDS AND MODELS-TESORO, WHITES,GARRETT,FISHER,NAUTILUS,D-TEX,WILSON NEUMAN,ETC.
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2010, 11:08:25 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi, a Fisher 1225-x cab be bought for around $220-$230 or something like that....that little detector has good depth and has a discriminator. It's not the greatest in trashy places...with lots of nails, etc. But it is a good and pretty deep unit for the money. Another detector is the Tesoro Silver Umax. I've not used it but have owned similar units from tesoro and have used the older Silver Sabre unit that the Silver Umax was based on and it has really decent discriminate circuitry and ought to work like a charm to find coins and jewlry or even buttons and other relics. The new Fisher F-4 may be good unit also--I've not used it but some folks like the unit and say it works fine. But I have used a Tesoro Compadre with 7" coil and done quite well and that thing cost me just $151 . They now now are fitted with a 5'' coil and have gone up a wee bit in price from what I paid for mine. A fellow gave me a Harbor Freight detector that ran off 3  9v batteries and that unit was useless...a waste of money to purchase such a cheaply-built unit. It's not for the serious detectorist...just a toy for children. Stay away from cheap Bounty Hunter units and those Radio Shack types built by Bounty Hunter--they are junk! And I wouldn't get the Garrett Ace 150 0r 250 either. The folks I talked to that use them say the units give lots of false signals and such and don't have much depth...not for serious detectorists.
I've owned several Tesoros and the first version of Compadre had 7" coil and I bought it for about 151 dollars---and it worked  decently in trashy ground to find many small things-but it lacked good depth and it wasn't so good around the wet salt water sand at a beach-12khz I suspect was the cause-not sure. The newer Compadre comes with a 5" coil and should be even better in trashy places to ferret out some gooies.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8838.msg69163.html#msg69163

Offline Beachcomber
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

1360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Sovereign GT C Scope 550 Minelab Quattro Compadre
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2010, 08:15:47 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi

If your interest is primarily hunting for coins, then any of the mentioned detectors here above will do. The 1225-X is slightly under the others, as it loves iron a bit too much.

If you plan to hunt for coins in trashy areas and want to find small jewelry, then go for a Compadre. Don't be fooled by its semplicity ! I found more than 3.000 coins in less than 150 hours spent with this unit on the beach last summer.. Of course, I was at the right place at the right time.

It's the only one amongst all mentioned that has a frequency of 12 Khz. So, it is a lot faster then the others and you won't have to buy smaller coils for trashy areas.

If, on the contrary, as I said, you prefer coinshooting, then go for the F2. Faster than the others at those lower frequencies, better ID and disc too.

HH

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8838.msg69211.html#msg69211

Offline Rayredditch
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

585.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

XP GMP, XP Adventis II, Whites Surf Master PI Pro Deep Diver,Fisher 1265 X, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2010, 06:06:57 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Biggest problem people have with falsing on the Garret 150 and 250 is running the sens at max. Use it at 3/4 and you?ll get more usable depth (Better signals) with a stable ID.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8838.msg76318.html#msg76318

Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power,
Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD,
Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X,
Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023,
Viking 6DX2

Print
Pages:  1 2 3    Go Up
Jump to: