[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium
Referrals: 0

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #180 on: December 09, 2012, 08:01:39 am »
Go Up Go Down

Humm guess you're right. So where can I find a schematic for one of these LRL devices or is this some sort of not available stuff?

Found this on WIKIPEDIA

Scientific evaluation:
Many such devices contain non-functional circuitry or naively constructed approximations of radio transmitters. A few do have functional circuitry, putting out a weak signal with a function generator or a simple timer circuit, but are still largely useless in comparison with a coil-based metal detector; others have been found to contain intentionally obfuscated or completely superfluous components (from individual components such as inductors or ribbon cables up to, in some cases, pocket calculators), often indicative of intentional fraud, incompetence, or both, by the designer. Such functioning circuitry as exists in such devices usually has no obvious way (motor, solenoid, etc.) to connect to any rotating joint in the device either, meaning the devices are often entirely dependent on the ideomotor effect to function.   

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,545.msg238270.html#msg238270

Xavier

So many questions so little time

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #181 on: December 09, 2012, 08:05:26 am »
Go Up Go Down

That's all been mentioned here over 8 pages of posts, Xavier. It does no good at all but thanks for posting it.

The good news is that the only people affected by their insistence is themselves. Or is that true? In some cases, families suffer as the dreamer buys into the scam. That's just plain sad. I actually believe the sellers are criminals in their intent to defraud. The problem then because how do you prove they intend to defraud? They can claim they are true believers. Sound familiar?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,545.msg238271.html#msg238271

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #182 on: December 09, 2012, 08:18:48 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
I actually believe the sellers are criminals in their intent to defraud

So do I

They can claim they are true believers. Sound familiar?

Sure dose, it's like you said some folks walk straight into the scam and find themselves with nothing, it truly is the sad part of it.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,545.msg238272.html#msg238272

Xavier

Offline fenixdigger
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Anderson rod, Aurora Aqua, E-scope, Examiner, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper
« Reply #183 on: December 09, 2012, 11:21:46 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hummmm, Well Seldom, the reason the thread died is that you have run off the serious guys long ago. A few still monitor here, but avoid posting like the plague.Thanks a lot.

Am I to understand that none of you have ever seen a "locked" signal from a device of any sort?  I did say they will find trash.

I don't think the science exists yet to verify a signal has been detected.

And again, I don't understand the hostility towards the LRL users. What in MY posts would provoke someone to buy one? I have said that in my experience NO electrical device that I am aware of, consistently finds gold and is waste of money. Any lrl user that comes on here is quickly put on the defensive and his posts become combative, and soon never posts here again. This seems counter productive for informing people of the truth. All they see is a hostile, biased environment with no meaningful dialogue. These guys get it in their minds that since they hit a signal maybe another device is better and they buy one. You need to keep them here and let them know that even IF they hit some signals, the next one is still not going to make them rich.

It makes more sense to me to get off the "they don't work" thing and go to, they won't find buried gold. If a person gets any type of response, even ideomotor, from that point on, anyone that says they don't work is wrong. Does that make sense? They see it, they do it, it's real to them. They will even get a signal to a gold sample they put down. Wow!! It works on gold. NO, you just put it there. It hasn't been buried for years. BIG difference.

Did we miss the part about having to close your eyes when you do this?? That's right the Blind Dowser rides again.

Guys, been a hoot. Got to load the truck for another wild guessing adventure. (that was for Seldom) And X, there are 3 underwater detectors, 2 regular coil units, 1 Gemini III, and a dredge getting loaded along with a "getting a life at the beach".

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,545.msg238273.html#msg238273

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #184 on: December 09, 2012, 11:54:38 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by fenixdigger
And again, I don't understand the hostility towards the LRL users.

You're not paying attention at all. I can tell by this statement. Nobody here is hostile towards the USERS. We almost all pity them for being hoodwinked by the sellers of snake oil.

Those who sell worthless boxes full of nonworking electronics are stealing money from the gullible. The bad taste in everone's mouth here is for those who would take money from the truly desperate and send them equipment that does not and can not work. Ever.

That's the bottom line here.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,545.msg238274.html#msg238274

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #185 on: December 09, 2012, 12:49:59 pm »
Go Up Go Down

And X, there are 3 underwater detectors, 2 regular coil units, 1 Gemini III, and a dredge getting loaded along with a "getting a life at the beach".

All I can say is, I hope that you have a great time at the beach and that you find many nice things to post when you get back.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,545.msg238276.html#msg238276

Xavier

Offline nickel_n
Mod
Gold Member

Thank you358

Activity
9%
Male
Australia

6090.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

MXT All Pro,EagleSL,Spectrum,XLT,DFX.Garrett Seahunter markII,SD2000,GT16000
« Reply #186 on: December 09, 2012, 03:34:49 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Did we miss the part about having to close your eyes when you do this?? That's right the Blind Dowser rides again.

Guys, been a hoot. Got to load the truck for another wild guessing adventure. (that was for Seldom) And X, there are 3 underwater detectors, 2 regular coil units, 1 Gemini III, and a dredge getting loaded along with a "getting a life at the beach".

Those who sell worthless boxes full of nonworking electronics are stealing money from the gullible. The bad taste in everone's mouth here is for those who would take money from the truly desperate and send them equipment that does not and can not work. Ever.

Quote:Posted by xavier
All I can say is, I hope that you have a great time at the beach and that you find many nice things to post when you get back.

All been said.To me subject is closed

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,545.msg238295.html#msg238295

The Diggers Oath
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #187 on: December 09, 2012, 04:20:53 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by nickel_n
All been said.To me subject is closed

Silly question but why did you feel the need to announce it all the while keeping the subject open for you?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,545.msg238298.html#msg238298

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #188 on: December 09, 2012, 06:04:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Seems like we will NEVER SEE ONE WORK!

{alt}

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,545.msg238300.html#msg238300
http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo160/berquistj/BeatDeadHorse.gif

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #189 on: December 09, 2012, 06:30:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hummmm, Well Seldom, the reason the thread died is that you have run off the serious guys long ago. A few still monitor here, but avoid posting like the plague.Thanks a lot.

We didn't run them off they ran their self off because they refuse to listen to common sense

Don't start taking shoots at me because I have had about all of you I can take KNOW WHAT HAPPENS THEN

Posted on: December 09, 2012, 06:22:35 PM
Quote:Posted by homefire
Seems like we will NEVER SEE ONE WORK!

Someday Homie but not from this guy. Someday someone will come along with a brain and common sense who can explain how and why dowsing works for them. Who can answer questions without quoting some nonsense web site. So far all we have had are brainwashed nuts who can't admit they god had.   

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,545.msg238304.html#msg238304

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Print
Pages:  1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22   Go Up
Jump to: