[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #140 on: December 06, 2012, 05:30:23 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by fenixdigger
On the flip side, I am leaving out the parts about the LRLs that I used to even determine to check these places.

The only LRL you used was your noggin, mate. I can guess where to go better then any LRL because of my experience. I'll bet my noggin against any LRL out there any day.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,545.msg238092.html#msg238092

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline fenixdigger
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Anderson rod, Aurora Aqua, E-scope, Examiner, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper
« Reply #141 on: December 06, 2012, 12:21:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I understand. Maybe some day we will be able to meet up and I can show you the real deal. To a scientific mind, something that cannot be plugged into an equation, is impossible to accept. I,  myself struggled with this for years. Still sort of pisses me off that all I can do is guess at what is going on.

I can't rule out that it is some mental thing.
However, one of the steps we use is that your eyes have to be closed when doing this. Sort of takes the noggin out of it.

I do support your efforts to inform people of the scam LRL industry. But if I hadn't got into it, I would have never ended up at this point. Now when someone asks me about a device, I can steer them away from pissing money away. If they have one, I can help them make it useful (sometimes).

The industry plays on 2 of the strongest emotions, need and greed. The people in "my circle" run on need. Most are older folks that have been bitten by the crooks. Some of the "marketed" units by accident have the capability to work somewhat by the components in them. Not enough to bet the farm on them.

The big problem is that if someone accidentally finds something, they will swear the unit is working. WRONG!! You won't hear about the hundreds of times it didn't. They will blame the "misses" on all kinds of crap. Solar this, and magnetic that. Just excuses. The bad part of it is that they will inspire someone else to throw their money away.

Good hunting     

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,545.msg238100.html#msg238100

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #142 on: December 06, 2012, 12:52:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Fenixdigger, the really hard thing for the treasure hunter to understand is the sheer amount of treasure that is out there to be found. You could point your LRL in virtually any direction and travel any distance to find something of value within a few yards. It's not a miracle or a detected by LRL fact. It's a fact of the odds of occurrence. There are 390,000,000 people in the United States who wander all over the countryside today. Add those who have come and gone, plus tourists and transients and you get a whopping big number. Everyone has lost something in their lifetime. Most have lost dozens of thiings. Some have deliberately stashed things. Over the course of time, the amount of treasure in the form of one lost item at a time is incredible. The same thing goes for treasure lost after being hidden.

Getting the idea? Go outside, point anywhere at all, travel two miles in that direction and search where you landed in ever widening circles. I guarantee you WILL find something of value.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,545.msg238101.html#msg238101

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #143 on: December 06, 2012, 01:30:42 pm »
Go Up Go Down

There are a Number of Way to show if they work or not and No One Will Do it.

They always come up with This That Because and just refuse to do it.

Hell, Carl will pay some serious money to anyone that can do it and No One will take him up on it.

Go Figure.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,545.msg238103.html#msg238103

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #144 on: December 06, 2012, 05:15:11 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Let the aura people face off with the LRL people.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,545.msg238111.html#msg238111

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #145 on: December 06, 2012, 09:24:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Cool!   Sorta Like a Snipe Hunt?

Aura folks find the LRL folks?

LRL folks find the Aura guys?

I can sit back here with my computer and Map them both and see the Traces on Google Earth while they walk over the 2 year old Google Iimages?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,545.msg238124.html#msg238124

« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 09:25:40 pm by homefire »
Offline fenixdigger
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Anderson rod, Aurora Aqua, E-scope, Examiner, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper
« Reply #146 on: December 06, 2012, 09:55:47 pm »
Go Up Go Down

GD you are again right. My use of the "LRL" is not to walk 2 miles swinging the detector. I want to be able to get within a ft or 2 first. I've had this discussion with Carl and it went nowhere. We were discussing my finding targets in corn fields. One was over 700ft with a precise pinpoint. Well, I took 10 golf balls and threw them out in the yard and scanned around them with the detector. 9 had a target of some sort around them. Junk, but still a target. The house is over 100 yrs old, so a lot of exposure in the yard.

I then went to the field and did the same except I scanned a 15 ft radius. Not 1 had a target around it.

Our last trip to a lake I was able to put the detector right on top of 4 rings. Not a foot off, right on top.  We stopped and went with the Excalibur and Sand Shark alone. A lot of coins, but not 1 ring, and we covered a lot more ground. The rings took 15 mins. The coins took 2 hrs.

As far as the Carl offer-Please!!  That sounds as hokie to me as the working LRL does to you. I suspect that as soon as someone shows him a working process, he will be marketing it in a week. Dam sure won't be me. And all the poking and prodding, not going to work.

This is all about having a good time doing whatever someone wants, being successful enough to enjoy it, and keeping people from throwing 10 grand away on a blind hope. I'm sure we can agree on that.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,545.msg238126.html#msg238126

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #147 on: December 07, 2012, 08:44:58 am »
Go Up Go Down

This is all about having a good time doing whatever someone wants, being successful enough to enjoy it, and keeping people from throwing 10 grand away on a blind hope. I'm sure we can agree on that.

That's not the same subject at all. As an example, let's have a heated discussion about drag racing then say we can both agree that apples sure are crunchy and delicious.

To answer your proposal, no we cannot agree. That tactic is a clever way to finish a series of comments that can each be explained away quite easily. Anyone here can walk into a cornfield next to a 100 year old house and find a metal item. You don't need an LRL for that. Your arguments seem to be directed towards defending your choice to spend thousands of dollars on a plastic box with junk inside. You don't need to defend that, mate. You just have to do it.

Next up, pirate maps. Genuine pirate maps!!!

Posted on: December 07, 2012, 04:43:00 PM
As far as the Carl offer-Please!!  That sounds as hokie to me as the working LRL does to you. I suspect that as soon as someone shows him a working process, he will be marketing it in a week. Dam sure won't be me. And all the poking and prodding, not going to work.

If he ever found one that worked, he'd never tell a soul. He'd quietly pay the guy and then offer to buy his machine. Then he'd go out and recover billions in treasure. Your suspicion about Carl's motives are are as ridiculous as your claims about LRLs working.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,545.msg238133.html#msg238133

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline fenixdigger
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #148 on: December 07, 2012, 10:33:24 am »
Go Up Go Down

I guess you missed what I was saying. 

First, The field had NO random targets that I could find.  Next, That you and Carl were right about a well used area.

I do NOT use or recommend a plastic box gizmo. I have used them and even though I found targets, they were a waste of time and money.

I am against the idea that any current electronic device  (That I am aware of) is worth 10 grand.  Or even 1 grand.

That being said, I don't understand why you and some of the other members are so hostile towards the people that use LRLs. All of the ones I know, also use and started out with coil units. This makes them just like you and me. A metal detector user.

If, I was in your position, I would use my resources to find a small group of LRL users, and see if I could go on a hunt with them. Now, since I don't have any faith in the gizmos being sold, I'm not sure of what success they would have on precious metals, but I know they would find targets as the machines will lock on certain materials.

The only thing you have ever heard me recommend is Minelab. And I stand by that.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,545.msg238140.html#msg238140

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #149 on: December 07, 2012, 10:57:33 am »
Go Up Go Down

"That being said, I don't understand why you and some of the other members are so hostile towards the people that use LRLs"

No one is being Hostile about them, we just want to see one work!

No One has ever been able to show one work.

We just get a run around because of this or that or that's not fair.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,545.msg238141.html#msg238141

Print
Pages:  1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22   Go Up
Jump to: