[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Foiled Again
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

1535.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

No detectors at the moment, 100 gpm suction dredge pump, 2" hand operated gold sucker, handmade bucket classifier, 9 inch cleanup sluice with v-matting
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2011, 02:23:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I never thought of that I have a couple small almost picker size nuggets maybe 1/16"-1/32" but it wont pick it up I was testing inside so when the weather breaks I will try outside

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21151.msg152479.html#msg152479

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2011, 02:27:16 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Take it outside and put a small coil on it and turn it up then you will see the differance, the moment it starts to give false
signals then back it off til it stops

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21151.msg152482.html#msg152482

Offline Foiled Again
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1535.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

No detectors at the moment, 100 gpm suction dredge pump, 2" hand operated gold sucker, handmade bucket classifier, 9 inch cleanup sluice with v-matting
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2011, 10:08:18 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I have to say after using my f2 today, I love it! It is very accurate telling me what is in the ground, but certain alloys show that it is a coin, when it is really junk, but no detector is foolproof. I really dont have anything to bitch about when using this machine. Found around $4.00 clad and a silver dime in 5 hrs, couldve done worse.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21151.msg155218.html#msg155218

« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 10:13:14 pm by Foiled Again »
Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2011, 10:16:34 am »
Go Up Go Down

It's all about knowing your machine and setting it up to suit your ground, have fun and keep going

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21151.msg155289.html#msg155289

Offline frazdad
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

910.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's Classic III, Fisher F2
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2011, 04:16:44 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I know what you mean foiled again. I was out with mine today. I think when the indicator starts bouncing around, it's usually junk. When it shifted between zinc and dime it was usually a penny. I was getting a lot of iron readings.  I know gold registers here, but it gets very tiring getting up and down. It's good exercise but my legs kill me in the morning.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21151.msg155350.html#msg155350

Offline Foiled Again
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1535.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2011, 06:39:15 am »
Go Up Go Down

Sometimes when it beeps like crazy its a coin on laying on top that happened to me twice I discriminate the iron but thats all i dig everything else most of the gold I tried was in the tab and zinc rage so I probably missed a gold bar or two  Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21151.msg155527.html#msg155527

« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 06:44:09 am by Foiled Again, Reason: added to it »
Offline GREY RIDERTopic starter
Bronze Member

There is iron in my words
Thank you10

Activity
0%
Male
United States

540.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

MARKSMAN &  FISHER  F-2     Garrett pro pointer
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2011, 01:13:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

yea i get that too and youre right most the time its a whole can  but if you relic hunt mine done that one time and i found a bayonnet    but you can tell when its a bigger target most of the time still wears you out though  hoping to hit some more old home sites with a little less trash (i hope )  good luck yall happy hunting .

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21151.msg156318.html#msg156318

Offline Foiled Again
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1535.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2011, 04:36:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Yeah I wanna hit some old sites too, theres alot of history around here, I just gotta get out there and do it! The last site I went too was where my father went to school thats where I got the silver its been hit pretty hard already.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21151.msg156365.html#msg156365

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2011, 05:07:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

If it starts jumping around then turn down the power and it should settle down and it will discriminate better

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21151.msg156374.html#msg156374

Offline avision4u2liveby
Knight
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2435.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

T2 SE Limited, Fisher F2 backup
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2011, 01:18:57 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Ive been using my F2 all summer and love it. My excalibur 2 is a dust collector now with the type of detecting I do around here. My plan was to clean all the stuff out of a site to around 6" with the F2 then use the excalibur to get the deeper coins and jewelry, havent done that yet lol. Having such good results with the F2 that I havent gone back to a site yet. It's very sensitive to power lines, I cant believe I see people bitch about their machines being sensitive to them and yet they claim they want a sensivitve machine? wtf? get 20 feet away or turn the sensitivity down geesh! For the type of detector and the frequency it uses, its very sensitive to gold and jewelry. There isnt any nugget hunting to do around here so I dont know about using it for that, but Ive found the backs of ear rings in discriminate mode down to 4"!! and a ton of lead shot and some things so small I cant see them and the pinpointer wont pick them up. I dont need that for what I do, but nice to know it will do it. I hunt coins, relics, jewelry at old homesites, and relics along the rivers here. Ive dug iron relics say about 6" long and an inch wide down to 18" or so. Most coins are 6" or less but I have gotten 2 Mercs this year at 8" + deep and the larger coins like quarters up to 12" (please note that I hunt alot in wet weather, and I love to hunt in the mud so you can get deeper when the ground is soaked) When its very dry, those numbers drop, to a dime at around 6-7" to ID it accurately. If your using all metals mode this thing is very deep!!!!! and very sensitive! (Again for this type of machine) It definitely isnt my minelab for depth, dont get me wrong. The processor in this thing is the shit! take a coin and flick it as fast as you can with your hand in front of the coil, it will read and identify it every time! I can (vaccum) a site with an F2 of its coins in not time. Then go back and hit the iffy signals and get more. I recently found a set of silver ear rings at  6"+ in  ground so hard I had to use a screwdriver to loosen the dirt in the hole to dig them. They registered loud and clear and I was amazed to find a SET of ear rings with the backs on them! I would highly reccomend this detector for newbies and veterans alike. One thing I noticed with mine, and I dont know if its true of them all is that my coins if silver register an odd number, while clad registers in even numbers. I havent tested this with many coins yet but I will and post the results. But Ive learned that an odd numbered dime will register an odd number 71, 73 and clad is 72-74 (just an example, all other coins are doing the same thing in silver registering an odd number) I dont have problems with ground mineralization much here. I can use mine at sensitivity4-5 most of the time, sometimes only 3 but rare. If it acts erratic, turn it down and maybe 20 feet from that spot you'll be able to turn it back up. That seems to  happen in town alot to me, lots of different types of interference can do that. I'm hoping for a large aftermarket DD butterfly coil to be made for these, when it is this will be a relic hunting dynamo. If your comparing the F2 to an ace 250.....dont, there is no comparison, the ace is a slow as phuck dinosaur. It's processor cant identify shit compared to the F2. I sold mine when I got the F2. Unless your into taking 5 minutes per target to identify it. Maybe my ace was broken, but I hear the same thing from other ace owners and mine was brand new when I got it. I liked it ok until I tried the F2, no comparison the F2 is in another class at the same price. Dont get your panties in a bunch ace owners, instead go try an F2 then tell me I'm wrong lol. Besides..you'll get tired of swinging that horrible yellow shouting  "I AM HERE!" color of the ace fast. Might as well attach a a lightbar off a cop car to your head with a siren blaring lol. I'm amazed at the advances in detectors in processing and target ID. Its allowed me to detect 10 times faster than my old whites coinmaster, and makes the hobby much more enjoyable. someday we may have a detector that shows a video of the coin in the ground that you can read the date on and no more beeping, a sexy voice will say "it's a 1918 Mercury dime, dig here" lmao but until then get an F2 for $200 unless your a veteran that doesnt mind spending alot more on a $1k machine. I hunt in the ghetto here and wont take my good detector there. Our ghetto areas are the oldest parts of town and have the best coins. I can take the F2 on my mountain bike ( I wont leave my truck in that area). It's withstood all the jarring and even 2 crashes on the bike in the woods and never missed a lick yet. I carry a large freezer bag with me to put over the display in the rain using 4 rubber bands to hold it tight. If you do this, dont turn the detector upside down! you cant seal it tightly enough at the bottom, but it will stay dry in a down pour if you get caught in one. In short, you cant beat this machine for $200, fastest detector Ive used for target ID, accurate, and durable.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21151.msg191190.html#msg191190

« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 01:28:38 pm by avision4u2liveby »

:tecknetics: :fisher:

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Up
Jump to: