[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline alainexplorerTopic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Referrals: 0

10.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: September 22, 2010, 08:04:37 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi, Everyone, i'm from Peru, i would love to know if someone got the Golden king Plus DPR
and if you can coment about it , cause i want to get one, thanks in advance

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18098.msg116858.html#msg116858

Offline bomber
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

5229.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 09:13:50 am »
Go Up Go Down

can't comment on it but welcome from chicago!!!!!!!!!!!!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18098.msg116868.html#msg116868

dreams of the young are the regrets of old

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 05:22:36 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Welcome from across the Pacific here in Australia!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18098.msg116950.html#msg116950

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline vourvon
Bronze Member

Thank you11

Activity
0%
Male
Philippines

475.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

MD-5008, V4 Automax & Nokta Golden King
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 09:40:36 pm »
Go Up Go Down

alainexplorer,

Please see attached file for the result of simulation I made to Nokta Golden King and I don't recommend to use this machine because it is sensitive to minerals and very expensive machine but if you are rich it is your choice.
       For me you need to identify what is your target it is shallow or deeper, it is a high mineral area or in beach area so you can get a better detector according to your requirment. I wish that this suggestion can help you.

vourvon

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18098.msg116993.html#msg116993

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

Nokta Golden King Detection Result 8-30-09.pdf
Nokta Golden King Detection Result 9-6-09.pdf

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 05:27:48 am »
Go Up Go Down

Just to make things a bit clearer, alainexplorer's inquiring about the Golden king Plus DPR. Vourvon and I use the NGR model. While the main unit's basically the same in those 2 models, I hope alainexplorer is aware of the extra features of the Plus DPR model.

It's good to see you posting again, Vourvon. If your weather's anything like what I'm getting over here this month (killer blazing sun with sudden short torrential downpours), don't push on if the ambient temperature's higher than 36C. The medium detection  head will give more and more false signals as it gets hotter. It read total jibberish at 44C in one site, and then jammed and had to be rebooted. Between 32-36C, it worked normally.
Suggestion: you may wish to invest in a cheap non-contact IR thermometer to monitor the temp of the medium being scanned and the detection head's temperature. Sometimes the Nokta may not be falsing due to severe mineralization, but rather due to extreme temperatures.

PS If you take the Nokta out from a cool air-conditioned vehicle, allow it 20 minutes or so to warm up in the shade before you start detecting. A bit of patience can make the difference between hitting or missing the target! Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18098.msg117044.html#msg117044

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Offline vourvon
Bronze Member

Thank you11

Activity
0%
Male
Philippines

475.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

MD-5008, V4 Automax & Nokta Golden King
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 06:36:57 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hobbyist,

Thank you for the advice, before I always monitored the temperature of the area that I detected and that is included to my simulation report but recently I did'nt check the temperature of area but because of your advice I will do everytime I use the detector, here in the Philippines the 12pm temparature is 36 ~ 37 degree but in the mountain its average of 33 ~ 35 degree. Maybe thats why sometimes I encountered the hang of the system so I need it to reboot again or sometimes need to ground balance again.
    Did you use a big coil I e-mail Kellyco to inquire the price but until now don't have answer.
    I'm always here monitoring and reading of the post here and in TSEACT.

vourvon

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18098.msg117154.html#msg117154

Offline ronin
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

145.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Cha Cha
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 04:03:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

In here tens of people are using this device at the avarage temperature.. Awful results again... that's correct electronic circuits get affect from high temp. but this device doesn't like avarage temperatures, as well.. Because that's a furnished, varnished toy, no more than that...
Keep your money in your pocket rather than buying this rubbish thing! If any1 wants to be Arnold Schwarzennegger ok then carry on, buy it... Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18098.msg117271.html#msg117271

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 07:17:38 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by vourvon
Hobbyist,

Thank you for the advice, before I always monitored the temperature of the area that I detected and that is included to my simulation report but recently I did'nt check the temperature of area but because of your advice I will do everytime I use the detector, here in the Philippines the 12pm temparature is 36 ~ 37 degree but in the mountain its average of 33 ~ 35 degree. Maybe thats why sometimes I encountered the hang of the system so I need it to reboot again or sometimes need to ground balance again.
    Did you use a big coil I e-mail Kellyco to inquire the price but until now don't have answer.
    I'm always here monitoring and reading of the post here and in TSEACT.

vourvon

Hi Vourvon,

You're most welcome. Hope you get better results when working within the proper temperature range. I've never used the largest detection head before; if you do get one, I hope you'll post another simulation report of it for the benefit of readers. Maybe your email to Kellyco was lost. You may wish to consider using their website's text chat or voice call feature (they're on the left side of Kellyco's homepage under "Live Help") to put in your inquiry. That way you'll get a near-instant answer.

Hobbyist

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18098.msg117948.html#msg117948

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 10:57:23 am »
Go Up Go Down

Addendum to Reply#7.

Vourvon (and others who are reading this), I hope you have not yet bought the big coil for the Nokta yet. Just now I was at Kellyco browsing for a machine capable of detecting fine gold (the Fisher Goldbug series looks good!), when I decided to flip thru the webpages on the Nokta. It seems the newer models of the Golden King have had some "improvements" made:

1) A claimed overall weight reduction of 35%
2) The addition of a bungee system to help with the weight
3) This is the significant "improvement", and I quote from page 2 of the Nokta pages on their site: "...to control the actual temperature of the coil itself when used in a hot environment allowing these new Improved coils to offer 40% better stability and much greater sensitivity to go even deeper into the ground on buried Treasure."

As you can recall, my negatives about this machine were about the weight and the instability at high temperatures on-site. Recently a user named AIROIA posted several rather negative opinions on the Nokta in thunting.com. As he did not state the exact model or when he purchased it, I would advise you to err on the side of caution and wait awhile for more info before purchasing the large detection head. It may be that the new "improvements" have given rise to more problems. You may also wish to write in to Kellyco asking them what they mean by "40% better stability", and how such stability is defined and measured.

I also noted with wry amusement that there was no feature on the Nokta pages for users to "Write a review", unlike at other mainstream detector pages. Too much Nokta-bashing going around?  Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18098.msg120011.html#msg120011

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2010, 11:44:10 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hobbist is right about AIROIA posted several rather negative opinions  every detector GPR or what ever has both good and bad things about them so if we are going to start bashing machines let also add the good points of said machine. 
All I know about the Nokta  is what I have learned from Hoppyist post so can not commit on it. 
weight reduction of 35% that should make you happy.

Thanks for the update.

Seldom

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18098.msg120026.html#msg120026

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Up
Jump to: