[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #80 on: July 04, 2011, 12:41:25 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by AU24
I have posted my reply to many questions asked in a private PM to the Chief administrator here.
If he wishes to post if he has my permission. If not my reply will be posted in full on another Goldpanning forum.

Why didn't you post there first instead of coming here to stir up trouble. This was a good productive thread till AU24 and May started taking cheap shots at Brain. I feel this thread has lost its true purpose and has became a battle ground for 3 folks so will lock it till the mod team can decide what to do with AU24.
AU24 you were warned about personal attacks and now you want to attack the mod team and the membership with you 5 year old attitude " I am going to tell" LOL Is there any wonder why y'all can't get anything done with attitudes like this  I feel sorry for the guys that have to put up with you all's crap daily.

After reading GD post will not lock the thread yet.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21313.msg185287.html#msg185287

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline May Flint
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom
Referrals: 0

45.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #81 on: July 04, 2011, 02:22:48 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I have to agree wholeheartedly with Au24 about what he has said about panning in North Wales also about duplicity. You can’t penalise Au24 for telling his version without penalising Mr DB Wright, Irish Brian, Waulspan, freepanner or goldpanning charity or whatever aka he cares to go under.

I apologise for any misconception there was in my previous postings here, I did not mean to cause any offence.

There are a variety of newspaper articles about him with his picture showing him in his hole or holes.

Kit may look as though he was ‘dragged through a hedge backwards’, he’s even been described as ‘more spit than polish’, you could put him in a tailor made Saville Row suit and hand made camel leather brogues and he would still look as though he’s been dragged through a hedge backwards. but he really does have a heart of gold, (scuse the pun). Clothes do not maketh the man, and I know you are going to say that it sure does introduce the man, in exactly the same way as some people would look real good in a bin bag. But Kit is Kit and to see him in any other way would not be the man that I have known and grown to admire over the years.

I’ve known Kit on and off for twenty two years or so, and a kinder more warm hearted man you could not wish to meet.

I looked after his wife in the latter stages of her illness (I was an agency nurse way back then) one day a week, as Kit took time out for himself. I looked after his four very young children, ran them to school and looked after them as he had to involve himself in something else than looking after his terminally ill childhood sweetheart six days a week.

I was not a panner then as I was in the caring profession but would talk to Kit and his wife about the years of gold panning they had together, looked at photographs and even 35mm slide shows of various expeditions they had been on together.

After I retired from nursing I moved to the West Country where I now live and it was there that I met Kit again in a stream in Cornwall while I was walking a neighbour’s dog. (weight watching/exercise). It was then that I got excited about gold panning, more for the exercise than anything else. Every time Kit came to the West Country he taught me some more of the basics, before he married again. I was invited and attended the small family and friends wedding in Wiltshire and she eventually took him to the cleaners while they lived in Spain, running off with over ten ounces of hard won gold from the north of Scotland down to Cornwall. (I’ve seen with my own eyes). Kit still had a small stash at his fathers’ place which was enough to get him going again. I’ve met Kit and his new ladyfriend quite a few times since he has been back from Spain, as I overnight with them maybe once a year as I wind my way up to Scotland or Wales.

Have you ever wondered why Kit has never replied to the allegations that have been made against him, I have. He is on 7 different gold panning related forums at home and abroad and watches and reads all of them. He won’t reply to any, as he said to me on more than one occasion, ‘Don’t add more wood to a fire unless you want an inferno’. A big ship is steered with a very tiny rudder, and the tongue is a muscle anchored only at one end, if it was anchored at both ends there would be a lot less trouble in this world. 

{alt} Did you think I was kidding around?
{alt} 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21313.msg185305.html#msg185305
http://www.thunting.com/smf/Themes/default/images/warnmute.gif
http://www.thunting.com/smf/Themes/default/images/warnpmod.gif

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #82 on: July 04, 2011, 02:32:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

AU24, May Flint and Waulespan have been muted for violation of the rules of this forum. Personal attacks are forbidden.

This thread is now locked and may only receive posts from moderators or admin. As such, it is dead.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21313.msg185309.html#msg185309

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9    Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.