[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male
Referrals: 0

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2011, 11:38:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by signman
What do you base your opinions on?  My information is based on many years of boots on the ground.  Have you actually ever gone out in the field to do your KGC research?  Let me answer that for you....NO!  It's obvious you haven't, based on your statement that you don't believe in KGC layouts.  To people who know, that's a silly statement.  Get over yourself. 

As a moderator you do a disservice to your readers.  I'm sure you think you are trying to help them but you are not.  You are trying to shut down discussion on a subject you obviously know nothing about.  That's pretty sad.

You joined here in december 2009 and you have got 8 Posts, your last four posts (this week) are directed at moderators,

As For Golddigger 1950, He's a Global Moderator because of his Knowledge, Factual Knowledge that is,

Please stay on the subject and prove him wrong I'm sure he would like to hear something new as we all would

AU

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26466.msg195488.html#msg195488

Offline signman
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

95.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2011, 12:02:11 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Ridge Runner
You joined here in december 2009 and you have got 8 Posts, your last four posts (this week) are directed at moderators,

As For Golddigger 1950, He's a Global Moderator because of his Knowledge, Factual Knowledge that is,

Please stay on the subject and prove him wrong I'm sure he would like to hear something new as we all would

AU

Actually I started out on this thread directed at the OP but moderators such as your self jumped in and started calling me names... go back and re-read please.  Just because someone is a moderator certainly doesn't make them a KGC expert.  I'm certainly not a KGC expert however I have many years in the field totally dedicated to that niche of treasure hunting.  If someone said something about shipwreck hunting, Beale treasure, lost dutchman, swift mine, etc. that I didn't agree with, I would keep my mouth shut or ask questions because I know that I haven't done enough research in those areas to call someone a fool..even if I disagreed based on my limited knowledge.

You are making another incorrect assumption.  Christian had this site up many years ago.  People, including myself, got fed up with Treasurenet because Marc Austin use to have some very silly rules in those days and flocked to this site.  Christian, for whatever his reasons, shut this site down.  We all eventually migrated back to Treasurenet for the most part.  Then after many years off the air, Christian re-launched this site.  So I was actually a member probably long before you.  Somehow whenever I came over here to talk to others interested in KGC treasure signs, Golddigger and Seldom would start calling me or others names and I just quit visiting this site.  Then every once in a while I get some automated message stating that you guys missed me to please return...so I would, I'd get called a fool or an idiot or something by moderators on this site, and I'd quit visiting... I'd get another email and the cycle repeats.  And so again, I tried to offer help to the OP, his choice whether he accepts it or not, but you guys once again decide to start calling me names as usual.  Somehow I keep being the bad guy for trying to help someone on a subject that I do know something about.  If I were Christian, I'd re-think my moderators as I know many people who have come over to this site from others and then return for receiving this same type of treatment.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26466.msg195492.html#msg195492

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2011, 12:36:17 am »
Go Up Go Down

I only jump on people when they start taking shots at the Moderators, As those shots are also aimed at all Moderators
as you did not point out exactly whom you were directing your comments to,
Hence Why I bit back, directly at You, If you had not Generalized your comments then there would have been no need
for me to get involved, You seem to think its OK to take shots at moderators but you also think we should not return fire?
All Moderators are members first and them Moderators, Those who did not agree with you would have just ignored you
if you had not aimed your sights on us,
There was no need for any comments made here but then you invited us in to this mayhem by your comments.
It's a shame that this got this far, Because then Td got involved rattling is sabre, but there again thats all he ever does.

If you want our support then lay off the cheap shot but remember that if you post comments that are not factual then
you must except that you will be called on them by the more Knowledgable members here and just because they dont
agree with you does not mean that they are attacking you, As you have your oppionion so do they.

So please concider these points that I have out lined here, But most important we like to share stories
but if you shoot at us we will shoot back, so to avoid anymore of this unrest lets Kick the Hell out of
this subject and not each other.

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26466.msg195496.html#msg195496

Offline signman
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

95.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2011, 05:22:59 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Ridge Runner
So please concider these points that I have out lined here,

I have and this will be my last post and visit to this site. Sounds like this will make us both happy.  On Tnet the moderators keep people from calling each other names and don't trash you for your comments otherwise.  Here you make a comment and a moderator calls you a fool.  This place sux!

I want to apologize to the original poster that started this thread.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26466.msg195515.html#msg195515

« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 05:25:02 am by signman »
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2011, 03:26:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

What do you base your opinions on?  My information is based on many years of boots on the ground.  Have you actually ever gone out in the field to do your KGC research?  Let me answer that for you....NO!  It's obvious you haven't, based on your statement that you don't believe in KGC layouts.  To people who know, that's a silly statement.  Get over yourself.  

As a moderator you do a disservice to your readers.  I'm sure you think you are trying to help them but you are not.  You are trying to shut down discussion on a subject you obviously know nothing about.  That's pretty sad.

So you form your opinions on "boots on the ground" searching rather than by legitimate research. Thus, you have confirmed your foolhardiness. You almost might have convinced others here that you were not a fool. Just nearly.

The KGC legend was not started from any legitimate source. It was generated from a fictional serialization in the early 1900s and grew from that. When I discovered that factual information, my desire to go boots on the ground died with good reason. I don't chase fairy tales.

Now, when someone comes here showing a picture of a tree with carvings a bit of logical analysis follows. The tree is far to small to be over 150 years old. The carvings appear to be 3 letters. How odd that most human beings have 3 names, the initials of which are occasionally carved into trees! Imagine that?

Posted on: September 18, 2011, 11:21:43 PM
I have and this will be my last post and visit to this site. Sounds like this will make us both happy.  On Tnet the moderators keep people from calling each other names and don't trash you for your comments otherwise.  Here you make a comment and a moderator calls you a fool.  This place sux!

I want to apologize to the original poster that started this thread.

You should also apologize to the moderators here for your rude, arrogant behavior. But you won't.

On TNet, you aren't even allowed to say something about another forum unless it happens to be a negative comment. Go ahead and try it. Tell them how good this forum is and you'll be deleted as a member on the spot. Over here, you are allowed to disagree with people. Even with people who think the Knights of the Golden Circle existed during the American Civil War. Over here, we know that there were many great Civil Wars over the past 500 years. We also understand about something called a legend, which is different from a fact.

One day, when you grow up, you'll understand. Enjoy yourself on TNet. Just remember, you are always welcome here.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26466.msg195554.html#msg195554

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2011, 05:21:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Fact : there was no KGC it was a mystery group that was invented by a writer in 1964. Research the Confederate Treasury all but 13000 dollars was accounted for and there is a very good possibility the 13 grant was recovered in the Florida panhandle in 1985. You have to have something to hide it, the south never had any money.
Fact:  Jesse James and all the others that folks have tried to involve in this fantasy group were outlaws thief's and murders not the brains behind some great government take over.

Signman you were called a fool because like all the sign guys  your arrogance will not let you use common sense and listen to people who have more time in the field or to use your words boots on the ground then you will ever have. Do some real research get your head out the clouds and apply some common sense and logic to your work.
If you think tnet is so great then why come here to start trouble? Are you a troll? Fact is tnet's rules are different then ours. You mention thunting there your ban, you start arguing with mods your ban no warning  like Jimmy Hoffa  just gone. You start a controversial thread there its deleted and your ban. So what is so great about tnet?? BSing us want work every mod here is a member there and read their post so you crap want float here sorry.  Just look at tesoro dog he would have been ban there long ago but we give him chance after chance same with you and several others.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26466.msg195675.html#msg195675

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2011, 08:18:16 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by seldom
If you think tnet is so great then why come here to start trouble? Are you a troll?

Don't hold back, mate. Tell us how you really feel.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26466.msg195685.html#msg195685

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline overhill
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

305.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2011, 09:49:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hmmm. what did we all learn from this? Embarrassed

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26466.msg195695.html#msg195695

Offline signman
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

95.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2011, 10:15:13 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I think we learned that this site is run by the Nazis.

I came here merely to offer help to the original poster and 3 moderators who know nothing about the KGC (1 even says they never existed which says a lot about him) start attacking me.  I'm the bad guy because I didn't just lay down and take it.  That makes me arrogant.  Now I'm a troll from Tnet.  It's hard for me to believe that Christian is happy with the moderators he's selected.  Members will read through the thread and see the truth.  You guys don't know jack.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26466.msg195697.html#msg195697

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2011, 12:28:53 am »
Go Up Go Down

I think we learned that this site is run by the Nazis.

I came here merely to offer help to the original poster and 3 moderators who know nothing about the KGC (1 even says they never existed which says a lot about him) start attacking me.  I'm the bad guy because I didn't just lay down and take it.  That makes me arrogant.  Now I'm a troll from Tnet.  It's hard for me to believe that Christian is happy with the moderators he's selected.  Members will read through the thread and see the truth.  You guys don't know jack.

You chose to take on the moderators, mate. We just offered our views and you chose to pretend we are the bad guys.

The KGC did not exist in reality. They exist only in fiction. One day you'll find that out. I just hope you don't waste half a lifetime figuring that out. But then if you to, it's YOUR life.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26466.msg195707.html#msg195707

Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Jump to: