[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline tesoro dog
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

295.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

tf-900
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2011, 07:24:22 am »
Go Up Go Down

golddigger!  Tell me, is it true that in the number one stalls in the Southern Hemisphere, water and other Things, drain in the opposite direction as it goes down the drain, then it does in the Northern Hemisphere? Cause if it does,, then it sure goes a long way to explain the way your mind works!! And in case you don't know, men in America never squeal, but you make me think it might be common among some in your neck of the woods!

Seldom! I agree completely that everyone has a right to their own opinion,,, but No One has a right to smash and make fun of another man's Dreams, and some of you do this every time someone asks for advice on Buried Treasure! Why do you think they ask? They ask because All men have Hope's and Dreams and Wish for some Adventure in their lives! Some are even at the end of their rope and are reaching for something to save them and their families! And you joke at their pleas for help! Most of us are drawing a pension, or still lucky enough to have a job, but wake up to the state of the world guy's, many people are in Dire Straits now and need encouragement and direction! Don't forget where you came from!   td

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21447.msg146757.html#msg146757

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2011, 08:51:29 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by tesoro dog
but No One has a right to smash and make fun of another man's Dreams, and some of you do this every time someone asks for advice on Buried Treasure!

First what do you know about treasure ? I will tell you ZERO you read a book about signs and now you are a expert. Son you are talking with people that have made their living treasure hunting and writing about treasure hunting for years. You are talking to people who have found more treasure then you have ever read about.
Treasure is not or will it ever be found by looking for signs or markers and you are the one that are wrong here by giving false dreams. Not ever rock with a mark on it is a sign of treasure regardless of what some book told you.
At least twice you have tried to send members to other sites where you say that you and yours do not get flak for believing in  signs, if that is true then why do you keep coming here to stir up trouble stay over there with the rest of the no treasure finding dreams and let us teach folks how to find some treasure.

Cause if it does,, then it sure goes a long way to explain the way your mind works!! And in case you don't know, men in America never squeal, but you make me think it might be common among some in your neck of the woods!

News flash GD is an America and you are thin ice by insulting him but what can we expect from a armchair TH.
\
This ends now are you and your 13 post will be on the outside looking in.

This is first and only warning about insulting members.

Seldom

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21447.msg146769.html#msg146769

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2011, 10:24:01 pm »
Go Up Go Down

golddigger!  Tell me, is it true that in the number one stalls in the Southern Hemisphere, water and other Things, drain in the opposite direction as it goes down the drain, then it does in the Northern Hemisphere? Cause if it does,, then it sure goes a long way to explain the way your mind works!! And in case you don't know, men in America never squeal, but you make me think it might be common among some in your neck of the woods!

Seldom! I agree completely that everyone has a right to their own opinion,,, but No One has a right to smash and make fun of another man's Dreams, and some of you do this every time someone asks for advice on Buried Treasure! Why do you think they ask? They ask because All men have Hope's and Dreams and Wish for some Adventure in their lives! Some are even at the end of their rope and are reaching for something to save them and their families! And you joke at their pleas for help! Most of us are drawing a pension, or still lucky enough to have a job, but wake up to the state of the world guy's, many people are in Dire Straits now and need encouragement and direction! Don't forget where you came from!   td

Desperation excuses giving other people false hopes? What's wrong with telling someone the realities of treasure hunting? It's quite clear to me that you have no real idea of what it's like to find someone's buried valuables that have two or three generations removed from their original concealment.

These are the realities of burying treasure. Anyone who buries some either intends to recover it themselves or to have someone else recover it for them. In both cases, there will never, ever be a public signpost pointing to the treasure. Why on God's green earth would anyone do that for any reason? If you buried a treasure, would you go out and put up signs to the treasure? If you did, I'd call you the dumbest person on earth. And then I'd dig up your treasure and keep it for myself.

The signs that you see in public places are almost always signs that point to life saving places. Water, shelter or food sources are the target of those signs. Not buried treasure. But water, shelter and food can be far more valuable than gold if you are dying without them.

Do you really want to know what the Spanish signs meant? I can point you straight to the answer. No hocus-pocus involved. Just go to any California mission museum and they sell the translation on post cards for the tourists and in little booklets. Do you know what most of the Spanish markers were? They were the number of miles from the start of the trail to the end and your current position. They also get the direction to continue moving. Drive along El Camino Real and you miss them. Walk it and you see them all over the place. Every mile on that trail is clearly marked so you won't get lost. Today the tarred road is a dead giveaway that you are on the trail so something gets lost during the hike. You can let your imagination run wild if you only see one marker but if you see them every mile, they start to make sense and none of it has to do with treasure.

And for the record once again, I am an American ex-pat living in Australia for the past 12 years - on and off. I am bi-continental with residences in both places which I occasionally visit. I am not whining when I point out the absurdity of believing in treasure signs absolutely. Believe then them as a possibility but as an absolute, don't be silly. Most of the people I see pontificating about treasure sign all have lots to say about it but have themselves never found a treasure as a result.

Stand around and point at things. That's always a good sign that you are pontificating. Point at imaginary things that are only beliefs but not facts, and you are pontificating about nothing.

Seldom, let him go, mate. He's a lot more fun this way.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21447.msg146938.html#msg146938

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Pioneer 202 Bounty Hunter, cen-tech pinpointer, Chicago Tools 43150.
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2011, 11:03:58 pm »
Go Up Go Down

GD, your last post should be general reading about signs and treasure hunting. I wont say he didn't find anything, I really cant see that well. But I did not know the Spanish signs were distance and trail markers. There are far too many people talking about it and I have only heard one other speak of this reference.

Sometimes I read a post and get irked. It seems like someone is attacking. But in reality the post has been answered many times before. The person responding isn't meaning any harm, but it comes out that way.

I am concerned with the signs that are still out there of civilizations that no longer exist. Recognizing a true sign is important, but marks on a cave wall with out bones, ruins, and such are marks on the wall. I encourage him to be safe, and keep looking for more signs of people there.

The comment there may be something cemented up behind the marks is actually more interesting to me that the signs.

Lets keep the conversation going.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21447.msg146968.html#msg146968

The more I learn, the less I know.

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2011, 11:29:49 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
Seldom, let him go, mate. He's a lot more fun this way.

We will see.
You know GD I was talking with a couple old timers a few weeks back ( one is a member here ) about the worst things that have taken place in treasure hunting over the years. Back in the 70's we came to the conclusion it was the Relco and other metal detectors that did not work being sold by the 1000's. In the 80's and 90's it was the influx of the LRL conman. And since 2000 its the cult that has grown up around Charles Kenworthy and the bunch of others pushing the markers and signs crap. Everything they have based their theory  on  is a lie bald face lie. They claim to have seen a decree by Spanish nobles that outlined how to leave signs for treasure and mines. A 100 or more researchers have looked for this document in both Madrid and Mexico city finding no such decree all their claims are built on a lie.
Its a bad thing that these thing and more have turned many a person off to treasure hunting.

Quote:Posted by casca
Sometimes I read a post and get irked. It seems like someone is attacking.

No one is attacking anyone we are just trying to get the facts out there. Between GD and myself we have over 80 years hunting I personal have been hunting full time since 1972 I have seen lots of signs for water holes trail markers but none for treasure. Think about the guy that post marks on a tree that are KGC signs then look at the tree. The tree is 50 years old but he wants you to believe the marks are 140 years old. I get a dozen offers a year to join up with groups hunting this or that sometimes I will join up but if they start talking about using LRL's are signs and markers are they have a genuine map I pass. They are in for broken dreams and empty pockets. 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21447.msg146994.html#msg146994

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2011, 11:45:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Open minded means empty headed and stubborn, mate. It means they gasp at every scratch on a rock. It means they look at the sign outside the men's room door and squeal about the KGC treasure inside the cistern at the number one stall because someone added a "magic marker" body part. There's your open mindedness for you.

GD I think Open minded means you can be open to new ideas theorys...
 It doesn't mean the sign on the out house is a KGC sign.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21447.msg147007.html#msg147007

Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Pioneer 202 Bounty Hunter, cen-tech pinpointer, Chicago Tools 43150.
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2011, 12:02:05 am »
Go Up Go Down

Wasn't directing my comment at you Seldom or Gold Digger, its the newbies like myself that don't read the response and then instead of posting a pic or research, get upset. How many post do you answer and moderate any given day?

These people putting out info about treasure signs are breeding large groups of people. As in any group, you have doers, and they are getting dragged out of the supers by search and rescue.

I made the tree remark on purpose as a 200 year old tree is about 8 foot around. Not many of them around if you have one on your property. If you are lucky enough to own trees like that, its worth more than the land its on.

I don't want to discourage the guy, hope he keeps looking.  

Golddigger, as a retried truck driver, if you ever want to know about signs on a bathroom stall, I can gladly share a few stories. I am a combat veteran, and not a lot shakes me up. But there is still a few memorys that disturb me to this day of bathroom stalls.

I didn't find any treasure but sure left some markers.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21447.msg147026.html#msg147026

The more I learn, the less I know.

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2011, 01:23:18 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by goldnboy
GD I think Open minded means you can be open to new ideas theorys...
 It doesn't mean the sign on the out house is a KGC sign.

In my experience, the theory is not ever the issue. The evidence is the issue. When I see evidence, I am open minded enough to change what I believe. The KGC folks have no evidence at all. Everything they see is a sign. I made a joke about the Men's Room sign with a bit of graffiti being treated as a treasure sign. In a few months time, that will be on every KGC board on earth as proof positive that there is Confederate gold in the toilet. Mate, that's not being open minded. That's being plain stupid.

I see no open mindedness here on the side of the true believers. All I see is wailing and flailing concerning how those of us who believe in evidence have got it all wrong. Good grief, what do you have to do?

Let me ask you a deadly serious question. Would you hide a $100,000 treasure and leave signs all over the place pointing to it? I could answer that for you but it would be nice for you to answer it.

Posted on: February 20, 2011, 09:19:16 AM
Quote:Posted by casca
Golddigger, as a retried truck driver, if you ever want to know about signs on a bathroom stall, I can gladly share a few stories. I am a combat veteran, and not a lot shakes me up. But there is still a few memorys that disturb me to this day of bathroom stalls.

I didn't find any treasure but sure left some markers.

LoL

I've never left any markers but I have sure seen a few. "For a good time, call Sally . . ."

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21447.msg147051.html#msg147051

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2011, 03:01:48 am »
Go Up Go Down

Let me ask you a deadly serious question. Would you hide a $100,000 treasure and leave signs all over the place pointing to it? I could answer that for you but it would be nice for you to answer it.

GD its relative, if I had $100,000,000 then sure no problem. Im no treasure sign expert,
 I dont think all signs will point out the treasure so easily. It does seem reasonable to leave
 markers in older times.  Its not allways easy to find the same spot say in the middle of a forrest  of some other place where everything seems to look the same so a marker or two  could be a good help.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21447.msg147058.html#msg147058

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2011, 04:25:49 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by goldnboy
GD its relative, if I had $100,000,000 then sure no problem. Im no treasure sign expert,
 I dont think all signs will point out the treasure so easily. It does seem reasonable to leave
 markers in older times.  Its not allways easy to find the same spot say in the middle of a forrest  of some other place where everything seems to look the same so a marker or two  could be a good help.

Men and women had the same capacity for thinking then as we do today. They would not have left any clue about where it was buried. If they kept a diary or journal, perhaps in there - yes. By carving a mark in a tree? Forget about it. Nobody buries treasure that they are going to dig up the next day. They bury it for future use and to hide it from anyone who passes by. Thus, no treasure marks or signs exist. What the Spanish did was put road signs up that have lasted far longer than any sign we put up today.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21447.msg147162.html#msg147162

Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up
Jump to: