[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Diggerbarns
Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Referrals: 0

280.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2011, 12:57:40 am »
Go Up Go Down

Seldom:  Hmmm I'm rather more than bit concerned about your take on "treasure marks being none existent". If you feel that is truly so, and that no fool would place signs around a buried treasure area, please give us your take on:  Why treasure maps exist and;  what term would you give the 'marks' used in the maps, guiding one to so called "treasure' or hidden cashes?  In 'MY', I type it bold to emphasize that this post reflects only my uneducated estimation of things. In MY opinion there is more to treasure hunting than swinging a MD around tot lots and old houses, there is a 'code' that exists out there and it does interpret into treasure finds. So, do you think the division for "Treasure marks and signs" should be removed from this forum or, just those that agree they exist? I think you should reflect on what you've written and offer up an apology on being narrow minded. You're bad for business and, pushing customers away from thunting isn't going to gain you any banners.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21447.msg150881.html#msg150881

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2011, 12:29:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Diggerbarns
Seldom:  Hmmm I'm rather more than bit concerned about your take on "treasure marks being none existent". If you feel that is truly so, and that no fool would place signs around a buried treasure area, please give us your take on:  Why treasure maps exist and;  what term would you give the 'marks' used in the maps, guiding one to so called "treasure' or hidden cashes?

First why be concerned about what I think or post? I have answered all  your questions a dozen time in the last few years, but you want the whole story OK. First a little back ground.
I have been THing for 40 years and make my living doing it and in 40 years I have never seen a recovery made using so called signs markers or maps. I have forgot more about treasure then most folks will ever know

Signs and maps don't exist, us some common sense and logic Who would bury a load of gold or silver then leave a trail leading back to it. Who would draw a map showing the location of their cache? NOBODY that's who.

there is a 'code' that exists out there and it does interpret into treasure finds.

That is the biggest load of nonsense I have ever heard, if someone did use signs to mark a cache they would not use an universal mark they would use a mark that meant something only to them and their family.

A few months back I was in the Big Bend area of Texas that is full of thing that the armchair treasure hunter would call signs rocks that look like faces or bears or what ever the imagination will allow. We kept seeing 2-3 or 4 inverted crosses carved into rocks. I knew they were not there 15 years ago even tho they look old after some research and a long talk with a border agent it came to light that they are trail markers used by coyotes and drug smugglers he told us that the signs were all along the Texas New Mexico and Arizona borders. Its only a matter of time before pictures start showing up here as signs to Spanish treasure.

So, do you think the division for "Treasure marks and signs" should be removed from this forum or, just those that agree they exist?   

First off its none of you concern what I think, but no I don't think it needs to be removed I do think it needs to be used to post signs and marks of which none have ever been posted. So far all we have are pictures of natural rock formations or doodling done by a bored cowboy a 100 years ago.

I think you should reflect on what you've written and offer up an apology on being narrow minded. You're bad for business and, pushing customers away from thunting isn't going to gain you any banners.

I care less what you think. As for narrow minded I and most others here are very open mined but we need proof not armchair opinions gathered from google earth and a bunch of pictures. Show me one treasure map that was used to find treasure. Show me one map that was not proved to be a fake over time. Show me one sign that can't be explained as a natural mark left by nature. You can't because they don't exist. Sorry

Now I have answered your question unless you can provide the proof I asked for this conversation is over. DO NOT TURN THIS THREAD INTO PISSING MATCH.       

Posted on: March 05, 2011, 11:46:30 AM
isn't going to gain you any banners.

That explains a lot we don't have banners here you on the wrong site LOL

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21447.msg150962.html#msg150962

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2011, 07:19:25 pm »
Go Up Go Down

HI Seldom, I was talking about signs that have been posted on this site. It would be nice to have some markers that have been verified. I thought Poorfarm had posted a nice loooking goose head. Perhaps he was close to the golden egg

Quote:Posted by seldom

How can something that has never been posted be verified. Show me one true treasure sign or marker just one.
Cool Cool

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21447.msg151047.html#msg151047

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2011, 08:03:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

The goose head looked like a broken piece of slate if you look hard in any slate pill you can find all kinds of things that look like signs

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21447.msg151069.html#msg151069

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2011, 08:11:06 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Ill have another lookie when ive got more time , but thought it looked good at first glance:)

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21447.msg151071.html#msg151071

Offline tesoro dog
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

295.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

tf-900
« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2011, 09:34:36 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I can't even post pics! Hey Big Brother whats up?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21447.msg151098.html#msg151098

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2011, 09:38:13 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by tesoro dog
I can't even post pics! Hey Big Brother whats up?

You can't post pictures while your moderated

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21447.msg151099.html#msg151099

Offline flatlandr
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

20.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2011, 05:52:36 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello

I'm new here so I will say Hello everyone, and very good GoldDigger1950,I have to agree with ya'

Posted on: March 06, 2011, 05:39:13 AM
Open minded means empty headed and stubborn, mate. It means they gasp at every scratch on a rock. It means they look at the sign outside the men's room door and squeal about the KGC treasure inside the cistern at the number one stall because someone added a "magic marker" body part. There's your open mindedness for you.
Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
Open minded means empty headed and stubborn, mate. It means they gasp at every scratch on a rock. It means they look at the sign outside the men's room door and squeal about the KGC treasure inside the cistern at the number one stall because someone added a "magic marker" body part. There's your open mindedness for you.

Posted on: March 06, 2011, 05:47:14 AM
Does anyone have a good place to find the MEANING Of some of these Markings that are found on rocks and trees?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21447.msg151150.html#msg151150

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2011, 04:39:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by tesoro dog
seldom!  Is there anyway to see what digin4it posted or will it continue to be kept hidden? Just like to see what got him banned, whether there were treasure hunting secrets he might have posted/revealed.  I don't fear heartbreak!    td

Dig4it got himself banned from the forum by his actions. His posts will remain but he is no longer able to post here. Sorry.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21447.msg151266.html#msg151266

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2011, 04:54:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
Dig4it got himself banned from the forum by his actions. His posts will remain but he is no longer able to post here. Sorry.

Post 52 is hidden GD go read it and you will see why.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21447.msg151269.html#msg151269

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up
Jump to: