[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline ironwing
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Russian Federation
Referrals: 0

145.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2010, 01:50:12 am »
Go Up Go Down

Very beautiful place in your photo, if there are many people, the gold could be found. Smiley

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7627.msg65631.html#msg65631

I am no collekcioneer.All that you see, is for sale.

Offline Azjake
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

340.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab Xterra 705, Tesoro Diablo 2
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2010, 09:23:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

What is the best place to detect on a ball field.  We have a old park in town with a huge baseball field.  I'm wondering where to start.  Thanks!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7627.msg66336.html#msg66336

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
72%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2010, 11:00:38 pm »
Go Up Go Down

"What is the best place to detect on a ball field.  We have a old park in town with a huge baseball field.  I'm wondering where to start. "

AzJake, around the concession stands and under the bleachers for sure (you'll probably need a small coil for the bleachers)...If you can research the ball field and find out if the concession stands were ever in another location, the old location would be another place to hit.  Also, if pro or semi-pro ball was played there and you can figure out where the "ticket stand" was you should pick up some more coins there. Finally, I'd check the paths between the stands and the restrooms and between the field and the parking lot.   I know that's a lot of ground to cover, but...

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7627.msg66366.html#msg66366

Offline Quarterkings
Bronze Member

Thank you52

Activity
0%

2810.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett's and Bouny Hunters
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2010, 09:07:44 am »
Go Up Go Down

I used to hunt mainly in schools,but now they are being fenced in and signs put up all over the place.
I now frequent parks since the schools are out of bounds during the week.
I would recommend that you get yourself a pinpointer for those woodchip tot lots.It sure helps when trying to locate the target once it is out of the ground.It sure beats digging in the pea gravel areas and there seem to be more finds in the woodchips.
 I have been told to not dig too many holes,but I try to leave the area like it used to be. I cover the hole as well as possible.
 Get you a sniper coil for those areas around the park that are infested with trash.
 HH Arturo

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7627.msg68805.html#msg68805

Offline petersv
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Canada

30.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2010, 09:39:16 am »
Go Up Go Down

Your story sounds like my hunting practices over the last few years. The 45 minute drive to the beach just doesn't.t pay off like it used to. Debit cards, municipal sand cleaners and lots of people with detectors have made it a challenge.

I favour soccer fields they are very busy, the area of activity is easily defined and the grounds keepers are usually ok with it once you show them how you operate and promise to not dig through their sprinkler control lines, probe only.

Baseball fields:
Norma Garnush(SP) used to have a web site up, The Golden Olde, it was a PHD class in hunting the urban landscape. Unfortunately he has passed on and the site has vanished, I had dumped the site to my harddrive but the drive failed later. I remember him mentioning about a belt running parallel to the infield outfield border about 20 feet wide as the honey spot for mens rings, as this is how far they would fly in from the outfield as a ball was being thrown.

Thuggery is even becoming an issue here in the great white north of Canada. One solution is to hunt outside of their normal operating hours and when the sun is hot and high, they enjoy their comfort and usually only make your life uncomfortable if you happen to be along their journey's path. I like the early saturday and sunday mornings, as they have usually been hanging at the tot lots during the night it is amazing what they loose sometimes.

Good luck.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7627.msg68807.html#msg68807

Offline Azjake
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

340.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab Xterra 705, Tesoro Diablo 2
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2010, 10:41:34 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by petersv
Your story sounds like my hunting practices over the last few years. The 45 minute drive to the beach just doesn't.t pay off like it used to. Debit cards, municipal sand cleaners and lots of people with detectors have made it a challenge.

I favour soccer fields they are very busy, the area of activity is easily defined and the grounds keepers are usually ok with it once you show them how you operate and promise to not dig through their sprinkler control lines, probe only.

Baseball fields:
Norma Garnush(SP) used to have a web site up, The Golden Olde, it was a PHD class in hunting the urban landscape. Unfortunately he has passed on and the site has vanished, I had dumped the site to my harddrive but the drive failed later. I remember him mentioning about a belt running parallel to the infield outfield border about 20 feet wide as the honey spot for mens rings, as this is how far they would fly in from the outfield as a ball was being thrown.

Thuggery is even becoming an issue here in the great white north of Canada. One solution is to hunt outside of their normal operating hours and when the sun is hot and high, they enjoy their comfort and usually only make your life uncomfortable if you happen to be along their journey's path. I like the early saturday and sunday mornings, as they have usually been hanging at the tot lots during the night it is amazing what they loose sometimes.

Good luck.

I found this real quick, I haven't gone through the whole thing yet, but here should be all the archived pages from The Golden Olde.

Please Register or Login

http://web.archive.org/web/
*/http://www.TheGoldenOlde.com
edit: the site didn't hyperlink for some reason, so you'll have to cut and paste the address.  It looks like there is a huge wealth of info on this site.  Thanks!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7627.msg69043.html#msg69043

« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 01:10:37 pm by GoldDigger1950 »
Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4    Go Up
Jump to: