[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada
Referrals: 0

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2009, 06:58:41 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by bountyhunter
Well I did it, I took an old Jetco BFO and turned it into a pin pointer. The board is really small with not much on it. I by trial and error figured out the coil, So I am now making a new coil that is smaller yet to test it with. It's not bad at all, how I did it I'm not sure, but I do know that I can adjust the dial and make it detect from 4 inches away down to 1/2 inches, so I have a more sensitive pin pointer, when I get it boxed up and everything is done I will post some pictures of it. Thanks for the help, and encouragement.

Sounds good... you need a small LCR bridge for testing coil values, saves a LOT of hair tearing! I know I have needed one for years, so I bought a kit from EPE mag, that uses a PIC. I still have not put it together!!!  Shocked

The thing about the PIC, is that it does all the pencil work and tells you the value.

I am still going to make the pointer, for me, at least, cuz I NEED one!

I am going to buy a cheap hot-glue gun, to hold the tube (maybe copper, or aluminum... drill holes and fill with resin.) and bought a small kit that was for a 555 timer, and it should hold an NE565 with a socket.... this can go in the hot-glue gun handle, with a ferrite rod in the tube. We shall see how well it works. (I think a 1/2 inch PVC pipe will be too big for the gun.) Yes, I shall take some pictures, too.  :Smiley

I reviewed how this detector works and I think I can make a version with an LM567 instead of a 565, I will have to do some experimenting and see what kind of phase indication voltage it will output (pin 1, also called filter pin.)  Cheesy

goldigger.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8199.msg52442.html#msg52442

goldigger

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4    Go Up
Jump to: