[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline clifftopdiggerTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom
Referrals: 0

240.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab x=terra
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 03:23:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Just a quick update......still waiting to hear from them. Wise

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25950.msg182128.html#msg182128

Offline franny
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

85.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2011, 12:12:02 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Fisher F4 schematics would be great as Fisher F2 and Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 uses the same electronics and PCB. They differ sligtly in displays, means of control and of course firmware.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25950.msg182422.html#msg182422

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

240.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab x=terra
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2011, 04:51:38 am »
Go Up Go Down

well. No reply from them that i wont publicise now. That name is mud to me now. Went to local electronics store to buy a new female to eliminate dodgy contacts.......we dont do that plug...never seen it... cheers maplins...try manufacturer. No thanks.
Just gonna hard wire the coil n call it a phisher n use it as a back up if it works.
As for tryin it out,tried out the customer care and found out it probably ends with the original owner...............A company with 20 employees buys a product and keeps the reciept...all 20 use the product...it breaks down.....but its ok cuz they are one owner. So wrong.
Im just about to get a real tidy sum of money,so will go look at WHITES or MINELAB for a top end machine.     Phisher u shot yourself in the foot. May i suggest more customer care to encourage new users.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25950.msg182497.html#msg182497

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2011, 03:06:04 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I can't tell from your post whether or not you got a reply. If you did, what did they say?

Also, there's no need to hard wire the coil if you prefer it to be removable. First, if there are any numbers on either the male or female part, post them here. If not, take a good photo and I'll find you the right part.

It looks to me like you are blaming Fisher for what the previous owner did. That's not fair at all. What is fair is my offer to help you find a replacement. Take me up on it.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25950.msg182608.html#msg182608

« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 03:12:01 pm by GoldDigger1950 »

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

240.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab x=terra
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2011, 06:50:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

No Reply from them Gd. Im blaming them for filing me in the recycle bin. They hate 2nd users dont they when they think they lost a new sale. The reason i bought it was to give me the chance to try a new name to consider if its worth spending top dollar on a new top end machine. If l get ignored now,imagine how fed up i would be if i spent on the top model only for it to pack up just out of warranty and they ignore me then.....Nah,not worth the risk when they showed me they dont care now.
I will upload some pics on monday when my md bud takes some macro shots of the plug.
I apreciate your help and time on this when you have no value to gain apart from knowing you can share your knowledge...Top Man.
I dont mind hard wiring and not being able to use another coil as it will be a back up detector,and wont throw more money at a company that cant be bothered with a reply when things go wrong.
These are my personal values that i stand by,and they are not meant to influence anyone in any way,which would only change if a company does get back to me with a reason for the delay. Then i may give them a chance to have the product looked at and paid for if needs be. Jeez. I never asked em for a freebee. :Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25950.msg182651.html#msg182651

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2011, 10:42:03 pm »
Go Up Go Down

At the moment, you have no idea why they haven't replied. I wrote to Minelab about something and it took a month to get a reply. I'd forgotten all about the topic when I got a request for my mailing address. Imagine my surprise when the parts I was merely inquiring about showed up, free of charge with an apology!!! For taking so long to reply. It seems their lead technician was in the US at a mining convention for 2 weeks and then in the UK on holiday for another week. His in basket was overflowing.

Give them time. The Fisher Labs have a lot of orders to fill for detectors being used to find roadside explosive devices in Iraq and Afghanistan. Our boys need their attention more than we do.

As to your connector, it may be that in the engineering circles in which I travel, it is a common device. I'll know more when I see it. Also, if it is the one and only coil for your machine, it may be easier to simply replace it with a connector pair with the proper number of conductors.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25950.msg182696.html#msg182696

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline kabier2
Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
Sudan

437.00 Gold
View Inventory
abuasaia
Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2011, 02:58:34 am »
Go Up Go Down

hi and for the solution of erratic signals try to change the first stick from alu to pvc pipe
the one near the search coil

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25950.msg182712.html#msg182712

« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 03:03:43 am by kabierkabier »
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

240.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab x=terra
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2011, 06:22:30 am »
Go Up Go Down

Cheers Gd. If they supply our boys,then maybe i should be more patient, instead of jumping to my conclusion based on other experiences.
I did think of changing both plugs,but i would need one with a square cut away to enable me to use the retainer collar to keep the plug firmly located with no movement.
You may know the plug. It has an empty 6th cenral hole with no contacts inside, whereas the other 5 you can see the contacts. No part numbers visible anywhere,which i believe is a shrewd move to stop any replication,as it is the same on the components on the board.

Posted on: June 19, 2011, 05:45:33 AM
Hi Kabier. Do you mean the plastic one that goes from coil to ally mid section? Cant see the plastic one being a problem? Cheers. Cliff

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25950.msg182722.html#msg182722

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2011, 08:11:20 am »
Go Up Go Down

A photo is worth a Million Words.   Show us a photo and it will be matched up or bettered.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25950.msg182736.html#msg182736

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2011, 12:46:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Part numbers on connectors are hard to find. It may take a magnifying glass to read it.

I'll tell you what. I'll ring them on Monday (their day, not mine) and ask for some assistance. Send me a PM and let me know what e-mail address to tell them to look for. I have unlimited calling to the US so there won't be any additional expense for me.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25950.msg182780.html#msg182780

Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Jump to: