[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline clifftopdiggerTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom
Referrals: 0

240.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab x=terra
« on: June 13, 2011, 11:52:52 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Eugene. I dont suppose you have fisher F4 schematics that you can email to me have you please? Cliff.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25950.msg181640.html#msg181640

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 03:30:10 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by clifftopdigger
Hi Eugene. I dont suppose you have fisher F4 schematics that you can email to me have you please? Cliff.

First of all, you probably won't get the schematic you want sent by e-mail since it is more appropriate to share it here with everyone if it is legally available. Check back here, post a while to become a full member and then check the downloads area after you have 25 posts to see if it's there.

Why is it you need that particular schematic?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25950.msg181699.html#msg181699

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

240.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab x=terra
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 04:36:42 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Eugene. Sorry. i thought it was acceptable to ask for email without the required amount of posts to speed things up a bit,as im in need now so i can sort the erratic signals and loss of depth. I am also wondering if i might be able to gain any extra depth over factory settings. I would like to know it better,as i have just bought it,and want to fix it to put it through its paces as soon as possible. Not sure its as good as a true fisher. Think i read somewhere that first texas are not as good as the original for build quality etc?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25950.msg181726.html#msg181726

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 04:58:21 pm »
Go Up Go Down

It's all right to ask, mate, just expect it to be posted here if anywhere. When you ask a question like this, you can bet others are interested so we try to make the information available to everyone.

As to improving performance, the unit you have boasts lots of useful preset programs and the ability to set more up yourself. There really is no need to modify it or make internal adjustments. I see nothing to be gained by opening it unless you just like voiding your warranty. If it was malfunctioning outside of warranty, I'd still suggest sending it to Fisher for repair since these units don't normally have anything to repair inside.

Erratic signals and loss of depth can often be attributed to coil wire problems. Inspect both ends starting with the bit that goes into the coil. Wiggle it to see if that causes your problem. Then check the other end where the wires go into the connector. If needs be, open the connector and look inside at the wires. One that is hanging on by a few strands is a likely cause for that sort of thing.

Check also your battery connections for corrosion.

Posted on: June 14, 2011, 12:52:59 AM
I split this into a new topic for you to get it more attention.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25950.msg181738.html#msg181738

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

240.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab x=terra
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 02:00:22 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks Eugene. One of the main reasons for wanting to open was to gain more access to the plug,the wire makes for tricky working for changing while intact.
The reason i dont care for the warranty,is because the owner before last voided it when he tried opening it by prying with a screwdriver,not knowing of the 2 screws located under panel. So glad he never knew,or he would have killed the panel.
The other reason is to smooth off the damage to the mating faces. Feels like running your hand over the blade of a saw.
It was bought off an auction site for repair. The owner described it as suffering lack of depth,but ok in all metal mode.........erm,dont think so,its too erratic. And he "forgot to mention" that it has attempted entry damage. Thats my dilemma. He also stated in my questioning email upon the damage,was that he tried a known working t2 coil with the same results as his problem. I figure at this stage,a plug change wont do any harm and may just fix the problem before having it sent away to be told it needs this that n the other......kerching. Not to mention the 2 week turnaround and 2 way postage when it might be fixed at home in an hour. At the cost of a plug....i hope.

Posted on: June 14, 2011, 01:57:44 AM
Sorry. I meant thanks Gold digger.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25950.msg181846.html#msg181846

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 02:14:21 am »
Go Up Go Down

Manufacturers can often surprise you. A few years back, a guy had a totally disabled White's Coinmaster 6000 which he sent to the factory for repair. They sent it back for the cost of postage and fixed it free. Just a few months ago, a person right here on the forums needed a repair part for his Minelab Excalibur II. Minelab sent the parts free. Contact Fisher and tell them the full story. For them, one small favor to you means customer loyalty in the form of your next purchase.

Try it. You have nothing to lose, mate. Just a phone call.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25950.msg181848.html#msg181848

Let's Talk Treasure!

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

240.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab x=terra
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 02:48:03 am »
Go Up Go Down

I suppose i have only time to lose......wonder if they are any different to other manufacturers? I know these are off topic,but have been told by sony, tom tom and garmin that in warranty faults dont cover 2nd users etc.
This is always a good get out......cuz i thought it was the goods under warranty. Not the user!
Lets see if fisher have customer care that surpasses most,and that like you say,a happy customer comes back for more of a top product line.
How many are like me,and wont go back to a name that has no real forward thinking in terms of trying the brand and liking the after care....be it 2nd user or even 3rd,as long as its under warranty.
I would love to think that Fisher can match Whites and Minelab for customer care.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25950.msg181849.html#msg181849

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 06:42:54 am »
Go Up Go Down

Please come back and let us know. I'm always interested in this type of thing. I have the F75 at the top of my "want one" list.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25950.msg181862.html#msg181862

Let's Talk Treasure!

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

240.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab x=terra
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 02:35:59 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Will do goldDigger. Thanks for your kind assistance. Have emailed them directly after your advice. heard nothing yet,so will ring them in a couple of days if no response from email.

I am really enjoying the sire and learning new things in most posts i read.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25950.msg181963.html#msg181963

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2011, 02:48:51 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Excellent. Fisher Labs has been around a long time. A household name in this industry. Fingers crossed, mate.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25950.msg181967.html#msg181967

Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Jump to: